Added Emulator Commands

As the Emulator makes progress, some commands have been added that are not found anywhere, and the only way you'd know they exist is to have either read the old forums, or been online when they were being discussed. To help those who missed that, or are new to E&B here are some commands that may help gameplay.

Also note some may be added, deleted, or modified as the game progresses.

- Feel free to add commands I may not be aware of, or new ones that are created.

Command ---------------- Arg/option-------------Effect

/shieldwarnings -------------- 1|2|3|4 ------------off|25%|50%|75% - this changes when you hear the sound effect stating your shield percent.

/packetopt ---------------------on|off---------------Changes your UDP packet size. On=a size of 1400. Off = the default size of 512

/endtalk ----------------------(none)--------------------Removes you from stuck dialoge with a vendor, stuck at a terminal etc

/ircon -------------------------(none)---------------------Enable chat in the #enb IRC chan.

/irc ---------------------------(message)------------------You can talk with others in the #enb IRC room.

/ircoff-------------------------(none)--------------------Leave IRC/Turn chan off.

/random ----------------------(number) (number)---------- Randomly generates a number between the values specified. If used in a group, the number is visible to the group.

/time ----------------------------(if none)----------------------------------Shows GMT time

/time ---------------------------(+/- hours)(ex -4 for EDT) --------------- Current local military time

/capitalize --------------------(letters such as JE,TT etc) ---------------This will capitalize the last two letters on your name - note I don't believe there is a lowercase command or undo.

*Edit -Added /endtalk command

*Edit - Added IRC commands

*Edit - Added /random

*Edit - Added /Capitalize command

As the Emulator makes progress, some commands have been added that are not found anywhere, and the only way you'd know they exist is to have either read the old forums, or been online when they were being discussed. To help those who missed that, or are new to E&B here are some commands that may help gameplay.

Also note some may be added, deleted, or modified as the game progresses.

- Feel free to add commands I may not be aware of, or new ones that are created.

Command ---------------- Arg/option----------Effect

/shieldwarnings -------------- 1|2|3|4 ----------off|25%|50%|75% - this changes when you hear the sound effect stating your shield percent.

/packetopt ---------------------on|off-----------Changes your UDP packet size. On=a size of 1400. Off = the default size of 512

Cool! - does a bigger 'packet' make you go faster or slower? :)

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes I use /removeinv - It removes items that you can't get rid of, sometimes you might have to manually remove some items.

Example: For the Jenqaui Explorer the Aspirant's Insignia doesn't get removed from your inventory when you get the Strange Object so you must remove it yourself this command is the only way.

NOTE: Store any items in your vault that you don't want removed, this effect is permanent.

Sometimes I use /removeinv - It removes items that you can't get rid of, sometimes you might have to manually remove some items.

Example: For the Jenqaui Explorer the Aspirant's Insignia doesn't get removed from your inventory when you get the Strange Object so you must remove it yourself this command is the only way.

NOTE: Store any items in your vault that you don't want removed, this effect is permanent.

I've tried this and get "Illegal slash command: removeinv"

actual command is /restoreinv

Edited by Stoop

I have seen where people have been able to put their target into chat, I know its from the orginal game, but what is the command for this?

Use CTRL+T in chat while have a target.

I have seen where people have been able to put their target into chat, I know its from the orginal game, but what is the command for this?

I saw the Ctrl-T below.

Also, to do the same with your coordinates Ctrl-P does the job.

Paul

Elo (Eloje), Elojd, Elojs, Elotrader (Elott)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

I seem to remember there was a way to Loot All. (just loot a corpse one after another) Any ideas?

Is there anyway to release ownership of a kill? IE I have a corpse with a unique that I already have. I know in group I can assign the kill to someone else but how to about solo?

The commands I use are '/loot release' which allows anyone to open the corpse and '/loot add <name>' which makes only the person you specify then be able to loot the corpse. To use either you'll have to have the corpse targeted then type the command.

As to the first thing you mention, I'm positive there wasn't a loot all button as the time taken to loot something is part of the risk/reward balance for dangerous areas, as evidenced by there being devices to increase tractor beam range and speed.