Looking for Group.

I have been getting away from Multi-boxing and I am having a better game play experience.

A problem now arises, There are still a lot of people that still choose to Multi box and

Play alone, and Thats Fine, But..

There are a good number of players that can't or like myself choose not to. 

I am posting and letting the ones that choose to interact with others that I will be LFG and would

enjoy your company should you be looking for a group also.

I know there is a need to level a particular class for what ever reason and am still weaning myself

off multi boxing from leveling a JS or JE (Worm Hole).

When there is a need for leveling a certain class some arrangements can be made between characters/Players weather it be Monetary or other.

An example of this was someone was helping me with Trade XP, No verbal arrangement was made so

I took the initiative and ask if he would except 1,000,000 credits. A million credits in our current building environment would go far don't you think ?

The trade levels I obtained and the surplus credits I retained was well worth the Million.

No one wants to be taken advantage of, Be fair and upfront. What do you need from the Group and what are you willing to do for it? Build, Monetary or Reciprocation.

The Economy that we are developing is moving along nicely. Lets not let it go to our heads. :)

I will try LFG within my guild then I will go outside the guild. If your going to have 2-3 alts in a group

"No Thank you" I'll find another.

Level 112 JD LFG

Before I came to the Emulator in September 2012, I had never seen nor heard of multiboxing techniques. It stunned me to see players running so many toons at one time. Here and now in Live, I find that as our population of pilots (not toons) increases, the need to multibox will decrease. The reason for this is that more of us will be available to provide services and aid that Multiboxers had to provide for themselves. With a low population also comes the lack of a thriving economy, hence the need for self-sufficiency. With a proper ecology spread of races and classes, the galaxy is blooming and the needs of a single-craft pilot are starting to become more important and worthier than the needs of a Multiboxer. People want to help each other, far more than Multiboxers want to help each other. Eventually, pilots will either unplug from their hive-mind connections and become citizens of their chosen toon's race, or they will become lonely and self-sufficient gamers whose toons gradually fall off the invite list to raiding and other events. They simply don't need the single-craft pilot. Perhaps they do not yet feel the need to be social in this game. With social behavior comes camaraderie. When camaraderie builds enough, then Guilds are formed. Somewhere down the line, a player might swallow his powergaming ego and actually portray his toon, roleplaying as he games with others. This may seem silly initially, but eventually when the roleplayer picks up steam and a following, the group starts adding more flavor to the game retroactively by having game personality, quirks, preferences, antipathies, competition, and other delicious tidbits that only add to the game. These pilots are not nerds or geeks, fanboys nor game trolls; they're players.
With the decline of multiboxing, I believe the game will take up the above attributes, spurring the Developers to continue the feedback as we get into their game and further into the gameworld. It is a feedback loop that all can enjoy. How many pencil and paper table gamers thank their GM, who in turn thanks their players for a good game and a good time well spent? The same can happen here in the Earth & Beyond Emulator.

On the soapbox at NET-7 SOL, this is the Pakkrat, (also welcoming a group).

PS 132
Builders Inc.
Pakkrat Industries - What can PI do for you?
Agrippa Masochist
Net-7 News
and more titles I can't think of right now...

There are several reasons a player choose to multibox instead of playing in a group.  Honey-does is one reason for me :-)  I normally have to warp to a safe place if a honey-do comes, something I can't do if working in a context of a group.  Failing to tend to the request is not an option :-)

10 years ago when I was single, going in a raid with my guild was never a problem.  :-)

Edited by VincentTH

There are several reasons a player choose to multibox instead of playing in a group.  Honey-does is one reason for me :-)  I normally have to warp to a safe place if a honey-do comes, something I can't do if working in a context of a group.  Failing to tend to the request is not an option :-)

10 years ago when I was single, going in a raid with my guild was never a problem.  :-)

What?!? Your sweetie isn't playing along side you? You have fallen down on the job clearly....that was suppost to be written into the vows/rules of co-habitation! A honey-do should be: "honey, do you want to raid, mine or job today?" :)

You are going to have to suck it up, sit them down, and "explain" the facts to them....you simply can't interfer with a session of EnBEMU!*

* BTW I will be rejecting any bills for legal services, nor will I be held liable for alienation of affection suits....it's on you buddy. *snicker*

You also got to admit PaK That the new Aggression system that is in place also makes it hard to Multibox, to which I'm ok with.

Now if everyone thought of a Group as a Micro Guild, the funny, Down to business, heart warming camaraderie would be present like it is in their/your guild. (Most of them anyway) :)

Sure there will be a few "Bogart's and Babies" The Group/leader controls make it very easy to fill your group with happy golucky Peeps. I will admit "I have Very Little Tolerance of children acting like children" Oh I need that! Oh Can I have That?!

My Alt could use that!. Eventually they will be weeded out and their and your Firm reputation will be well known on our little server. Chat Ignore is a very nice tool.

but i do need that, and that and that too.  I also found multiboxing harder to do and have changed to 1 toon soloing or grouping with comrades when possible. My wife does play also (more than I) and it makes for a nice bit of fun to group together and fulfil both our toons needs.

Well welcome to the single-toon-at-a-time league :)  I greatly prefer to group with others than solo, but will solo (hi story content!) if nobody is interested.  I will admit it is often, but I think better than ST4. Here's to more grouping, and I'll join anyone whenever I can.

• 2 weeks later...

I, too, disliked multi until  just got tired of begging for groups.  I don't like solo play at all and multi is a very poor substitute indeed.

However I will do what I can to advance my characters in the short spurts of time I have.  It seems that I leave town for a few days and when I come back; any groupie friends I have made are too far ahead of me.

If anyone wants to group I am all for it.  I like the challenge of overcoming mobs with what skills we have on hand.

My apologies, Phorlaug, when I brought my TE alt into a group we had.  I was not aware of your feelings on the matter at the time.

Vane

The plain truth is not everyone enjoys grouping for different reasons. You may only have an hour or two to play. You may have RL issuse to deal with. You just plain may not like to group. The game should be as enjoyable for these people as the ones that enjoy grouping. They should not be forced to either group or multibox to enjoy the game. There should be plenty to do for all. Now, to raid the need for groups is plain, but for everyday game play you shouldn't be forced to group if you don't like or enjoy doing so. JMO

• Upvote 2

I, too, disliked multi until  just got tired of begging for groups.  I don't like solo play at all and multi is a very poor substitute indeed.

However I will do what I can to advance my characters in the short spurts of time I have.  It seems that I leave town for a few days and when I come back; any groupie friends I have made are too far ahead of me.

If anyone wants to group I am all for it.  I like the challenge of overcoming mobs with what skills we have on hand.

My apologies, Phorlaug, when I brought my TE alt into a group we had.  I was not aware of your feelings on the matter at the time.

Van

No worries, I still have my alt collect my Trade items at a NAV outside of XP range. It is hard to quit cold turkey!

The plain truth is not everyone enjoys grouping for different reasons. You may only have an hour or two to play. You may have RL issuse to deal with. You just plain may not like to group. The game should be as enjoyable for these people as the ones that enjoy grouping. They should not be forced to either group or multibox to enjoy the game. There should be plenty to do for all. Now, to raid the need for groups is plain, but for everyday game play you shouldn't be forced to group if you don't like or enjoy doing so. JMO

MY original post was to look for people that share the True MMORPG experiance of playing with others and may have trouble finding others, NOT to put down anyone that chooses to Multibox instead.

Extraverts who choose to interact with others in a mature fasion is harder to come by now a days in our EMU.

We have been seeing people leave our EMU because they can't interact with others or Find the New NPC A.I. harder to over come while multiboxing. I'm saying Give Multiplayer groups a chance to make the game better for them. Don't leave.

Hell I know it is Hard to trust someone to do their Job in a Group better than you think you could while flying a formation of "Ones AlterEgos"

By Now every Multiboxer has a routine on combat, trade and exploration and it has become a seamless task, And truthfully what is the difference between a Single Character/player Soloing a boss than it is with a Multiboxer? IMHO not much Its still One player doing the Soloing.

So I am 1 person/character Looking for People that choose to and would like to Group.

I am still wheening myself off of Multiboxing. I know that Multiboxing can get far more serious than it is now.

Hell I know it is Hard to trust someone to do their Job in a Group better than you think you could while flying a formation of "Ones AlterEgos"

By Now every Multiboxer has a routine on combat, trade and exploration and it has become a seamless task, And truthfully what is the difference between a Single Character/player Soloing a boss than it is with a Multiboxer? IMHO not much Its still One player doing the Soloing.

Just want to stress this one.  In many other mmo's I have usually gone the healer route.  everybody and there brother would box one...badly.  Even on my worst day of entering a group people would think im some kind of healer god.  People who box in groups i have been in are usually slower to react or don't fully understand the other classes they are boxing around there main.  my 2 credits.

Edited by dubhcaora

I think with the mob aggro system the way it is actually encourages multi-boxing more. I actually did group with people in STs but now its not really worth my time to try to find another person that wants to kill the same stuff I want to kill.  And there is zero reason to group up for trade or explore content (outside of tours) since there really isn't.  Group jobs might be cool......though i will never do a job.....or repeatable faction missions maybe.

In my opinion only 1 thing will increase real people group interaction would be limiting alts that can be run at the same time. I doubt the devs are going to do that though.

Currently, i also Multibox a litte bit (returned 3 days ago after 2 years).

Never had the experience of Multiboxing in any game (ok that's a lie, i just remembered i used to play with 2 EvE Online accounts) and thought i would give it a try, and it was decent. (just 2 Characters )

If i have the chance to find a Group/Guild (starting to look for one, still getting back into the game), i would much more prefer it that way, it's just more fun to me.

Edited by Soulcleaver

Soulcleaver!! Haven't seen you in ages

I also do not multi box, i have now and then, but usually close one soon after playing, just good for helping move around the sectors or items when I forget about transfering

(heh I'm old I'm allowed to have 'senior moments)

So yea, once I level up some, I'll be looking for groups

I also do not multi box, i have now and then, but usually close one soon after playing, just good for helping move around the sectors or items when I forget about transfering

Soulcleaver, Yea I recognized the name as well.

Omg Spa!!!

How you doing? :D

Yea it has been ages, last time i was on this forum was 2 years ago, remember Stress Testing at some point, don't remember when, and before that was i think all the way back to Sunset.

Got carried away with School and work during that time, still doing an apprenticeship in my own Company (odd, but works :D). And well, got back here last week (at some point, E&B got back into my head) and have been playing since then, and loving it again.

Currently im working on building up my Characters i had back in 2004, same name and same Class (currently around OL 40)

About the Multibox thing, currently just getting my characters up a bit, it's a bit quicker when having a TT with you :D (just not fun when you control both). Would instantly trade it in for a Group or starting up a new Character with someone

Also, i do recognize you're name Phorlaug, some names are still cloudy, but it's coming back after a while

Edited by Soulcleaver