Hidden Ore Fields...

Several high level hidden ore fields that were that way in live, have been changed to low level. A good example of this would be the field south of the RD Cap ship in ABB. These fields should be restored to level 8 & 9 roids. The remaining empty field areas (Zweilhander, Arduine, Earth, Yokan, etc..) also still need to be populated with their respective ore fields. IIRC, all of the hidden fields were level 7 through 9. The few fields that are in game are being camped, as well as the remaining hulk fields. So those of us who don't play 24/7, genuinely have a hell of a time getting anything of value.

Please consider populating these areas.

Thanks!

-Overt.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Playing a Sentinel, I feel the un-luv, O.

Could you, for our viewers, define the term 'camping'? If the missing fields you recall are not re-populated, do you believe this will lead to some harsh and cutthroat mining practices? Field raids even? I too have heard of pilots powering down their vessels and napping until the asteroid, or more precious hulk, field respawns.
Would this change how miners give each other First Come - First Served? Will these 'campers' be hounded as they pull up on a valuable field, to suddenly be raided by other miners as they activate their first mining beam? What social ethics are we teaching pilots new to the spacelanes?
I know this sounds a bit in-character coming from a Net-7 reporter, Overt. But the questions and causality are quite real for pilots. Is the answer truly to make more fields? I recall that this iteration of Live is not intended to be the same as the "old live", and sincerely want the issue addressed with the proper modifications.

These questions and more from the Pakkrat. Edited by Pakkrat

Camped, Aye.

Example: I was in the Niffelheim Cloud when the server went offline (Also in another sector). Anyway, I was about 3 - 5 minutes from when it came back up, and the fields were already sucked dry. I have seen specific people in these areas. I will not name anyone outright for the sake of sanity. These fields had other roids and hulks present.  Level  8 roids left behind, and a few hulks with debris. For the sake of trying, I made it to these locations on a few restarts, and confirmed that the items were there, and there was someone there within a minute or so. And yes, I did see the same miners do it repeatedly. So it seems that some people are leaving miners near these locations, and rush to these spots to get all the goodies. (Rush mining perhaps?) Needless to say, the ore fields and hulk fields are there (fully spawned) when the server restarts.

I hope this answers your questions adequately. :)

-Overt.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't think it should go to the previous extreme of roidballs, but I do think that all the "asteroid" navs should have fields.  Most of those fields were mostly L7-L8 with the occasional L9 thrown in.  In BBW in the original there were at least 2 small fields that were "pure" L9 fields.  The fields were mixed in terms of having more than one type of prospectiable.  Mostly roids, glowing roids, and hydrocarbons, with the occasional hulk thrown in.

If we're to ultimately have more content for the explorers, then we should have missions, projects, turn-ins that require us to bring specific ores, gases, etc, that the NPC wants.  The orefields will need to be able to support these things, and still allow explorers to provide the ores for Traders to build comps.

If we're to ultimately have more content for the explorers, then we should have missions, projects, turn-ins that require us to bring specific ores, gases, etc, that the NPC wants. 

Agrippa anyone?

I think we need more level 9 ore fields....period.  the few level 9 roids/hydro, etc. now available in the fields is not  enough to support everyones needs.  AND they are being camped for just the level 9s, leaving the lower level ores/ roids.  Also some of the fields are  used for the "field clear" jobs, and usually the level 9 ones are already missing,& mined even though they are "ear-marked" as a job.

people have become very inconciderate & cranky lately about almost everything: and I have been mining, even in lower level fields & people will come up & just start mining in the same area.... very rude.  the comradery & "friendliness" of people have left this game & it has become very frustrating to play lately.

I think we need more level 9 ore fields....period.  the few level 9 roids/hydro, etc. now available in the fields is not  enough to support everyones needs.  AND they are being camped for just the level 9s, leaving the lower level ores/ roids.  Also some of the fields are  used for the "field clear" jobs, and usually the level 9 ones are already missing,& mined even though they are "ear-marked" as a job.

people have become very inconciderate & cranky lately about almost everything: and I have been mining, even in lower level fields & people will come up & just start mining in the same area.... very rude.  the comradery & "friendliness" of people have left this game & it has become very frustrating to play lately.

I agree with more high level fields, the demand far out weighs the availability.  The reason the 9's are taken and the 8's are left is because there are no true level 9 fields in the game, that I have found anyway.  If level 50+ mobs were just as rare, the playerbase would be up in arms, I am sure. <_< 

I am sorry that you feel that there is  less comaraderie in the playerbase I have noticed that a bit, too. :(   But people just comming up and start mining near you is "very rude"?   :huh:   When I am in the supermarket and am looking at an item, and someone walks up and picks up another item near me and goes and pays for it, I dont feel they are being rude.  The items are available to all who have the ability and resources to aquire them.  If I am struggling to mine above my level, emptying my reactor on each roid I mine, and a high level player comes up and Hoovers up everything in sight all around me........    meh  ^_^   I know they have leveled their toon to be able to do that, paid their dues, so to speak, and I have no claim to the field anyway ;)

Just my 2 cents :)

I agree with more high level fields, the demand far out weighs the availability.  The reason the 9's are taken and the 8's are left is because there are no true level 9 fields in the game, that I have found anyway.  If level 50+ mobs were just as rare, the playerbase would be up in arms, I am sure. <_<

I am sorry that you feel that there is  less comaraderie in the playerbase I have noticed that a bit, too. :(   But people just comming up and start mining near you is "very rude"?   :huh:   When I am in the supermarket and am looking at an item, and someone walks up and picks up another item near me and goes and pays for it, I dont feel they are being rude.  The items are available to all who have the ability and resources to aquire them.  If I am struggling to mine above my level, emptying my reactor on each roid I mine, and a high level player comes up and Hoovers up everything in sight all around me........    meh  ^_^   I know they have leveled their toon to be able to do that, paid their dues, so to speak, and I have no claim to the field anyway ;)

Just my 2 cents :)

You are misunderstanding them on the "players mining being rude...."

Dragonrose was refering to CLEAR FIELD job terminal missions.

They generate a ore field for you to clear to get the EL inherant from mining, the field clear bonus, and the added EL from the job completion. The field thus generated by the job, has  a swirly, glowing ribbon effect, over all the ores to be mined for the mission completion (sort of same graphic effect the JS buff reactor skill puts on you.)

Dragonrose was alluding to "rude" players, coming across your  job terminal/mission generated field and beginning to drain "your" roids. By taking the roids that are clearly marked for another player, "rude" players are screwing your job terminal mission up, you don't get the full EL rewards you should get otherwise. Either some of the "rude" players don't understand what the mission roids are (unlikely @ high levels, they aren't by defination Noobs by then), or they don't care about others and only thinking of themselves (most likely, @ high levels they have seen those by then). If they cared, they would get their own job terminal mission generated, and mine their own field.

You are misunderstanding them on the "players mining being rude...."

Dragonrose was refering to CLEAR FIELD job terminal missions.

They generate a ore field for you to clear to get the EL inherant from mining, the field clear bonus, and the added EL from the job completion. The field thus generated by the job, has  a swirly, glowing ribbon effect, over all the ores to be mined for the mission completion (sort of same graphic effect the JS buff reactor skill puts on you.)

Dragonrose was alluding to "rude" players, coming across your  job terminal/mission generated field and beginning to drain "your" roids. By taking the roids that are clearly marked for another player, "rude" players are screwing your job terminal mission up, you don't get the full EL rewards you should get otherwise. Either some of the "rude" players don't understand what the mission roids are (unlikely @ high levels, they aren't by defination Noobs by then), or they don't care about others and only thinking of themselves (most likely, @ high levels they have seen those by then). If they cared, they would get their own job terminal mission generated, and mine their own field.

I beg to differ,  You should read the original text again.  The "rude" comment comes in a separate paragraph.  It has nothing to do with the Clear Field job, which is in the previous paragraph.  I agree with Gonzo's comment.

Edited by VincentTH

It looked like 2 paragraphs on slightly different points.  I am familiar with explore jobs with fields to clear, refered to in paragraph one.  In paragraph two she refers to "and I have been mining, even in lower level fields & people will come up & just start mining in the same area.... very rude."  There she makes no mention of roids that are, rightfully, hers to mine. 

"Same area" and "job roids" are different complaints, different paragraphs and separate in her post.  English is my native language, and she made her points clearly, at least to me ;)

EDIT:  We were posting at the same time, lol  Thanks VincentTH ;)

Edited by Gonzo

No Terrell, but the fields should at least be as populated as they were in live. Its not like its a real difficult thing to request either.

-Overt.

Umm this is not the same as 'Live" why should it be converted back to 'Live'. sorry but EnB doesn't exist anymore, this is an Emu, and it should not be exactly the same as the old EnB, Too much new content would have to be removed, do you really want that to happen? I don't

• Downvote 2

Ok lets split hairs.....

I, have had people be rude and mine my job terminal generated fields.

Feel better?

Perhaps I read into Dragonrose's stated experience more than she intended, so sorry. :)

Does that in fact negate the statement? No, since it was I that experienced it as well, I feel it does not. Disprove my "feelings", if you can....while you are at it, prove "faith" and "belief" :)

Spa: Yes it's a EMU and not Old Live(tm)...does that negate their point? They feel there are to few high end ore fields, and due to the lack it is causing undesired player behaviour. Guess what...that bad behaviour existed in Old Live (tm) as well, for the same reasons,...wow! Guess they have EMU (tm) closer to Old Live (tm) than you think :)

Just because it's EMU (tm) now, does not automaticly negate things from Old Live (tm) being desired! They DID get a FEW  things right in Old Live (tm) you know :P .

I sign that there needs to be more high end ore fields, both hidden and not. I agree there needs to be far more spots and more variety of ore spectrum throughout the universe.

I personally, would like all but a few hulk fields done away with, and the EMUlator, EMUlate, Old Live (tm) closer in that respect, and have the hulks scattered throughout ore fields. I think if the huls were scattered it would stop some of the log campers from that behaviour, if you don't know right were a high density of hulks are going to appear, or when for that matter, what would be the advantage log camping there? The few hulf fields that remain should actually have a reason for hulks to be there, say around Black Beard spawn point....around Controller...around Tengu boss(s). hulk fields should have segnificant guardians anotherwords.

Keep in mind, that even with ore fields at every single nav and hulk fields at every other, there will still be player "rudeness" and assanine behavior, that existed in  Old Live (tm), will exist in EMU (tm) and will always exist in every MMO, it is as always...if it CAN be done, it WILL be done, there are jerks everywere in RL and in MMO.

I have been mining in fields that had no dancng ribbons on the roids half way through the field the swirlies become active. Not my fault I mined half the guy jobs roids. And yes we need more lvl 9 roids been working for hours trying to get the ores to build archo's for my 137 pw that still is using lvl 8 guns and yes he is cmbt lvl 50.

Is it possible to alter Job fields so as to appear in separate locations from existing fields?  If so can the fields to be cleared only spawn upon taking the job, and then have the swirlies appear on those roids/hulks, etc when they initially spawn?

Don't know if it is even possible with client....but the ultimate solution would be personal instances, with a instance driven mission only you would get in, so it  wouldn't be possible for others to be picking your roids and screwing the mission.

Barring that, the next best would be personal navs, somewere not seen on map by others a "temporary" nav showing, that you zip to and mine, hopefully, well off the beaten path.

Now those would take some big rework I imagine, so not happening soon (tm), given all the other projects going. But, the "relocate the mission field away from other existing fields" shouldn't take lots of effort, would have to make sure its a "empty" spot that other mobs or content leak/lap over however.

ok, Gonzo: the same could be said about killing mobs, say, if you are working on killing a mob & a higher level player comes up & kills it, is that just ok, because, after all, you don't "own" that mob, after all the high level player worked hard to have the ability to kill that mob, so he should get the reward????? even though you were there first, working on killing that mob for a particular drop. admit it, you would be outraged. i was only trying to state that it is "rude" to come up & start mining a field when someone else is already there doing so; & clearing a field gives bonus xp, & that would be taken away if some one else mined the last roid, same as "killstealing" more or less.

that's the end of my post on this; hopefully you will understand now what i was trying to say. Edited by dragonrose

Dragonrose...

You may misunderstand field clear bonus a bit.

In your scenerio Miner A (the lower level one) is mining a field. Miner B (the higher level one) comes along and starts mining the same field. As long as miner A has the mining window on the roid they are mining open, miner B can't  "kill steal" the roid, it's theirs, Miner B can't even engage miner A's roid! :)

Miner B, being a higher level miner and most likely, due to skill and gear a much more effecient miner, will understandably mine more of the field they are both sharing. At the full clearing of the field no matter who cleared more or the last ore the field clear bonus will be allocated between the miners, in the amount they each cleared the field (as long as they are still in range).

Example: Miner A mines 10 roids, Miner B mines 30 roids..the field clear would be (just a round number..don't know the actual bonus) 1000. Miner A mining 1/4 of the roids would get a field clear bonus of 250xp and miner B would get 750xp.

Miner A might be upset that B was "rude" that A found a field and began mining the same field, especially if it was some resource rich or desired field, but Miner A didn't "own" the field any more than a player owns every mob at a spawn point, it isn't rude to mine the other ores in a field nor kill other mobs in a spawn, you are sharing, however per your example it is considered "rude" to start killing a mob that is actively being killed by another, and many consider it a "kill steal" to continue shooting until mob death once they saw another working on it. You can't "kill steal" a roid unless the miner disengages from the roid and closes their mine window.

Thought this might help some that don't understand the dynamics of mining.

• Upvote 1

SIGH....... again everyone misunderstood/misinterpreted what I said. All I was trying to point out was 1) we need more level 9 ore fields; 2) it would be nice if others would show some courtesy; because I do when I get to an ore field & someone else is there mining, I move on; but I guess that is too much to ask, since everyone is out for themselves. I guess , I'll just play the game & not try to make any suggestions.

Don't not make suggestions.....how are things improved without someone making suggestions? A group that don't take outside input soon lacks innovation. amd becomes stale.

1. We all (mostly) agreed with you that there are too few L9 fields..I think there should be LOADS of each lvl of fields and larger diversity spread of those ores (I however, think that only a few high ends should be unguarded in some fashion..there should be SOME risk/reward..)

2.I disagreed (some others didn't)  that if you are on some ores and another bumbles upon the same field as you and mines some, that its "discourtious" in some fashion. The inverse is also true, if someone is mining, that don't mean you have to move on...go ahead and mine! This is a MMO, we are sharing the assets.

3.Out for themselves....hmm sort of..it's a MMO. As a MMO there is a built in competitveness (even in PvE..just less bloody than PvP :))

Once again sharing is a good thing! Didn't you parents tell you to share as a child? I am the oldest child of 11 children, trust me, that was drummed into my concousness on a regular basis! :) It really sucked sometimes being big brother and being the only possesor of a chocolate bar, split a bar 11 ways sometimes..it makes for little bites hehe.

SIGH....... again everyone misunderstood/misinterpreted what I said. All I was trying to point out was 1) we need more level 9 ore fields; 2) it would be nice if others would show some courtesy; because I do when I get to an ore field & someone else is there mining, I move on; but I guess that is too much to ask, since everyone is out for themselves. I guess , I'll just play the game & not try to make any suggestions.

Well, being part of "everyone" I don't think I misunderstood what you said, in fact I agreed, if you recall, on all your points.  The difference, IMO, is our idea of personal space, perhaps....  ^_^  And it seems I am not alone, with Matt outlining the difference between KSing and mining one roid, and Terrell's not minding other miners in the area.

Then again it may be that over the last 2 months of server instability, and my long hours of play, that I have gotten used to "hulk racing" or "Boss racing".

Either way, please keep posting your ideas and opinions.  Variety is the spice of life ;)

Just my opinion :)