Connecting to Server...

Been getting that same issue for a while now, hitting the play button did nothing for a long long time then the log on screen is setting at "connecting to server". Guessing the log in server has crashed, noticing the number online has been dropping constantly. 

Had this issue yesterday evening as well - "Connection to the global server has failed"  It cleared up after about an hour, but seems to be a problem again this evening.  Good luck resolving - will keep my fingers crossed for you guys!

Well, if the OP posted immediately after the problem then we have 15 minutes left .  :D

Ummm, actually the login server is separate from the game server.  People still are playing on the game server and if they get hung up, crash, or are booted, they cant get back in, just like us.  The login server is broke and no one is getting in till a Server Dev looks at it, and *maybe* they restart both servers...  *then* it would take about 20 minutes to restart the whole shebang ^_^

I've notified TPTB and we are now waiting for a server dev to arrive and diagnose the issue and get us back online

I'm having withdrawals i havent played in over 48 hours