Memnon's Investigation- bug?

OK.. not sure if this is the right place?  but...

My Je got this mission from gatekeeper memnon.

step 1 was to scan the gate in Odins belt to odin rax.  I did not install the device but i got the scan eye button and pushed and got the mission to update to stage 2 but when i went back to report the findings to Memnon he did a generic talk tree and didn't advance the mission.

I tried logging and logging back-- no dice.

I forfeited the mission hoping to retake it but now he won't talk to me....so  i guess my question is what bugged out; what did i lose out on?; can i retake it?; should i even worry about it?; was i even inteneded to be able to take it as a je?

Yes you should have been able to take it, and complete it as a JE.

No this is not the right place, bug tracker would have been better.

I have gone through the mission and removed a couple of unnecessary requirements from the steps.

You do not have to equip the scrutinizer, its a flavor item meant to give a sense of having some special scanning equipment.

You get your 5000 credits back at the completion of the mission, as long as you dont space or sell the scrutinizer.  (it must stay in your hold the entire time)

You also must have it to complete the mission itself.  I.E. once you scan the final gate, Memnon wont even talk to you if you dont have it in your hold.

I do not know why it wont progress to step 3 for you, i see nothing in the mission logic that could cause this.  I have done some tweaks to the mission just now and you should ticket a GM to ask you to reset the mission if it somehow went into your completed log.  Reference mission ID 707.

Sorry for the issues, no idea when this will push live, as per Kyp's freeze on content updates.  However it is fixed on the DEV server pending push.

I may have just solved that issue:

Memnon wont finish your mission Skits, because the HE-Memnon (on Primus Planet, with beautiful speech files) wasnt even the mission giver.

Mission came from the SHE-Memnon on Arx Tiberius, Tarsis (also a Gatekeeper by profession she is...).

And SHE will also let you turn in the stuff again.

It somehow feels like even the contentDEVs in Progen space lost a bit track of what is going on there?

One more thing though:

I am not sure if that NPC is there in general or if I just accidently summoned her to Arx Tib by misusing one of those strange tokens...

• 4 months later...

Just an FYI for those pilots who may be in the midst of this Investigation. The female Gatekeeper Memnon is "invisible" at Arx Tiberius. The male Gatekeeper Memnon at Praetorium Mons, Primus Planet, advanced my mission.

With one less Memnon to remember this mission should be less confusing. There is a mystery: what happened to Ms. Memnon? 

There were several NPC with incorrect skins in ST2-4. Relk Goodspeed and others for example had the wrong sex skin and many other incorrect race skins. If I remember right, the Mnemnon location thing is because of mnemnons location from sunset, if you remember the Vrix over ran Primus and mnemnon relocated to tarsis, but since we aren't to Vrix yet, he should actually be on Primus. As missions were resurrected he indeed needed to be on Primus and was dropped there again. But shemnemnon wasn't yanked at that time, thus the confusion.

Does anyone know if this is working properly at this point?  I had a problem with it also.  I got to the gate, did not have the device installed, hit the scan button and got no advancement of the mission.  I did notice in my feedback listing at the top it displayed "Completed 1 for Memnon's Investigation" but like I said, the mission didn't advance.  I logged out and back in a few times, each time it was still at 1 of 9, let me rescan the gate and gave me the same feedback.  

Anyone else have this problem?