Billboards in Space?

Greywolf 58

for what it's worth maybe some sorta billboards here and there in the universe, information on them can be webpages, or just information of various game related input that can be changed as needed by the dev's. if it even can be done!

Well I know they had a poster contest Old Live (tm), some of which you still see in station on the screens over the build/anny/ore/job and galactic terminals. Don't know if those are accessable files, if so they could insert info on them..but those phase so fast between screens, I would imagine it would be hard to extract useful info by any player.*

If billboards are to be actually considered as a universe placement, you understand they are going to have to be next to were people pause anyway so they can extract info, thats next to gates and stations..were it often already gets cluttered with objects that have to be rendered by the engine, thus it could get a bit more laggy at that location.

* some of those posters you see are like "possesion is 9/10s...infinicorp" "*kitty romping*...Getco" "big wow oohhh! tada-o" etc.

Actually a billboard along a flight path that has a non-moving image on it would not be too bad. Even one that cycles the image every 30 seconds wouldn't be too bad.

Builders' tour guides, whatever could rent them for a weekly/monthly credit fee, and it would be another credit sink in game, Lord knows the economy will need those. Heck I would rent one advertising my site if the fee wasn't too bad.

They had/have them in "that other game" but for some reason it diddnt go as people thought it would, Im not sure if it was programing or the devs not following through.  I dont see the advantage myself, but it wouldnt bother me either as long as it wasnt something that took the Devs away from game preformance or content development.

Of course then they could add PvP content....

"kill the bill" mission line....go out and kill X amount of bill boards, GETco feels they are cluttering up space and need removing :)

Or " Da face...and Da file" go out and scrub Da face off a bill board and download another from Da file to enhance Bogrial propaganda against infini/enforcer.

Etc.

We've already done this before. Although not something we can spare time with right now, I'm afraid.

Lord with the rewrite you guys are working on now, I would hope this wouldn't be even tried for a while. Maybe later, after things calm down, and credits sinks start being needed more, but not until then at the least.

We've already done this before. Although not something we can spare time with right now, I'm afraid.

What if we use it for commercials to support expansion of the server (How are we going to break the 600 limit).  I know the EMU project need to be non-profit to survive, but this will help the finance side.

ooohh... I can't wait for the 'New Vegas' sector to go in!  :D

I don't know if we could have a New Vegas sector, given that's the name of one of the Fallout games.  I do wonder what the sectors to come will look like, but it's only a matter of time before we see them.  Can't have them all at once, as that would become stale quickly, not to mention not follow the storyline.

I do kind of like the idea of billboards in space, they could be related to things going on in game or in storyline.