E&B Server Status Windows Gadget

SiSL

I'm a busy person and unlucky one...

When I find time to get in, as a Murphy rule I find servers either offline or starting... I appriciate devs working so hard to fix such occurances and they act really fast on offline situations, that gave me an simple idea of making a desktop gadget for Windows Vista & Windows 7 users...

This Windows gadget simply inspired from Net-7.org's Status checker...

[attachment=2279:31-12-2012 15-08-38.png]

Green = Online

Yellow = Starting

Red = Offline

You can also set refresh periods of getting info on Server Status from Settings. With voice warnings taken from our client it is familiar. Devs might also use while gadget checks and warns offline situation too

ATTENTION: Windows 8 users can use this using 8 gadgetpack ( http://8gadgetpack.bplaced.net/ )  , Windows 7/Vista users don't need to do anything, just double click on gadget file inside zip...

And Happy new year :)

Edited by SiSL

So I guess that means you will not be doing it as a standalone program, only a gadget for the Vista toolbar. Well guess I will have to wait till I can afford a new PC.

Oh and you can install the Vista toolbar on XP machines, but it is not worth it on the resources IMHO.

Edited by Bloody Riz

So I guess that means you will not be doing it as a standalone program, only a gadget for the Vista toolbar. Well guess I will have to wait till I can afford a new PC.

Oh and you can install the Vista toolbar on XP machines, but it is not worth it on the resources IMHO.

Nope, not thinking of a standalone program, sorry... If you can install Vista gadget bar, you might run it. But can't guarantee if it would.

Edited by SiSL

I did some digging and actually found a version of the Vista sidebar for XP that does run without being too much of a resource hog. Got it all installed, and VIOLA! I have your gadget running on my desktop (I play using my laptop), so it does work. I am thinking of providing the download for the Vista Sidebar on my site, might you be willing to allow me to host your gadget there too?

Alright, it is up on 61 Cygni now, I did it as 2 packages, one for those who already have the Sidebar installed, and the other for us poor XP users who need it installed. Those who do not know where 61 Cygni is, banner is in my signature, just click it.

I run my old E500 laptop using Win7, used to use XP, but found Win7 better and uses less resourses. tried Vitsa but that was a fail

Nicely done, I would like to figure out something similar for use on Linux -- my platform of choice for use at home these days. Although, I still keep a tamed copy of Windows-something lurking inside a VM I actually play ENB on Linux. Unfortunately, the old ebnotifier seems to be a bit too quirky to be runnable under wine.

Edited by Lot

I use the EnBNotifier.exe on XP to see the status of the Server

I have that too, but when you are doing things across the room, while waiting for the server to come back up, this one is nice. It is larger so easier to see from a distance, and it has audio alerts when the server status changes.

Well I would like to see it re-sizable (if possible) when detached from the sidebar. Might also be nice if we could pick the sound we wished used for server online, server restarting, and server offline statuses.

I will add undocked bigger version for it , yet sound change is not something easily done for Windows gadgets.

When you have this working, I will make the changes to my site to update the download.