Why I have issues with another stress test

In the end, either sit back and enjoy what you can and not complain...or you could simply leave and find another EnB emu to play on. <_<

With the primary emphasis being on the "leave" part. Now. Buh-bye!

Jeez, if parents only knew what their kids were doing on their computers . . .

:)

• Upvote 2

First...I have been playing since ST-1 and have enjoyed all if it. I couldn't wait til ST-1 since the close of live. Every wipe has made this emu better. If you don't want to deal with having to level again then go to another game. I welcome the wipe and look forward to the challenge of starting over.

Thank you Devs for all you have done! and know that some people do NOT speak for the majority, they are just the vocal minority.

Cya in the next life.....

Sigh. Too bad we can't all get along. Having a wipe will put everyone back on the same level. No more XP multiplier so everyone progresses at the same rate depending on the amount of time played. The game is and will be for a quite sometime - work in progress.

I'm done posting here. Goodbye & good riddance.

Good riddance indeed. Bye bye Kangaroo. Shame you are shortsighted and don't get the point.

For me, I don't mind the wipes. I knew they would wipe numerous times before even thinking of going live, because I read before I play or download something.

And believe me, the game is FAR from live. (no pun intended)

Till that time.... test test test, wipe, test and test some more. I'm just happy to be able to log on and be a part of it. Playing? I don't play, I try to break things to test em. <_<

Of course I am hiding some cash and my PB on Shakti moon and behind Somerled to pick up post-wipe.

I found this site back in August last year and when I joined up I knew none of my characters were permanent. I don't remember if there was a post or an announcement or what, but I remember reading that there WILL be wipes all along the way until we get to live, most of them are planned but there are occasional "oops" moments. When that accidental wipe happened and the xp multiplier started, I posted that I'd be willing to "endure" hundreds of wipes if it meant the Devs could get this game that I love back up and running properly, and you know what? I still say that. Kangaroo wants to leave, let him leave and go cry in the corner we got enough devoted players to keep this going. Besides I'm sure I'm not the only one telling my friends about this game, trying to get them on, so I doubt we'll run out of players any time soon.

I am speaking for a lot of lost time and energy spent into a game. Whether or not you hit 150 still doesn't change that point. Anybody that made a character and is losing it is included in my post. Please stop posting garbage.

Maybe he should have stopped posting garbage first.

well i vote just to "box" this topic

we are helping test the server/content ,

there could be hourly wipes if needed,

just the reason we have so much fun testing it ,

we call it playing .....

dont see the point for this topic at all

Kangaroo has failed to realize that even though he mentions the word Beta in his posts multiple times, we are not in Beta, we are not even in Alpha. We are still in the development stage and stress tests are needed. So player wipes will be not as frequent but they will still be there. Most of you know me as Karn [Dev] in-game and I will be fixing the graphical bugs along with our graphical team who are all top notch. So here is a little advice for Kangaroo coming from someone who has some knowledge of what is happening behind the scenes, this is just part of life in a video game test environment, get used to it.

There are a multitude of MMOs out there you can play, that will have the stability your looking for. May I recommend Hello Kitty Online. This has a stable environment and you can be anyone you want, and maybe it will just help you to calm down a bit.

Good Luck,

Karn [Graphical Dev]

EnB Emulator

Long live Earth and Beyond

Bit of Elitism in this thread, if somebody submitted this argument:

"Hey guys, I currently have very limited play time. With work and a family I only get to play a few hours a week and I feel that the regular wipes are stopping me from experiencing high end play".

It's unlikely you'd shoot them down in flames. At the very most you would say "Personal issues shouldn't impact developers plans" or something along those lines. But you get my point... you wouldn't troll and bait for a reaction.

To the OP:

The devs have basically said:

"You all leveled too high, too fast".

I think their goal is to remove a lot of the grinding parts, implement more missions and balance the leveling speed to make it more enjoyable in a later game version. Which is a good goal imo. However they can't do that without testing, and they can't test if everyone is getting to OL30-50 or so in a day. Hence the wipe.

Ofc this is my interpretation of what I've read. I'm not a developer and therefore could be completely wrong.

To be honest, I do feel that there are some concerns with another wipe. Or perhaps not the wipe itself, but having people start over from zero. No matter how much we love this game, contatly starting from zero does bore a lot of people to death and I think that there is a risk that when we go live many will already be bored with EnB.

I know that we are not even in beta yet, but this is situation is a bit unique sice we are dealing with a game that many of us have already played for years. When you are alpha/beta testing a new game, the novelty of the game can often make it ok to start over several times, but when it comes to a game that you already know virtually all about and where we have gone through the entire leveling several times already, it can get boring pretty fast.

Now, it is of course easy to just tell averyone that if they dont like it, dont play it. <_< The problem however is that its pretty pointless to have a stress test if the server isnt stressed so we need people to play.

I do not for a second doubt that a wipe was needed now. But maybe, if the idea is to get as many as possible to play, there could be an option to start with pre made toons? This way you could get both those who doesnt want to level again and those that embrace the wipe to play. This will of course only work if there is another wipe after ST4 which I assume there is.

//Leandra

Meh - if grafting for the levels is the big issue then perhaps every week just dole out 5 bonus levels each for C/E/T. Trouble is we'd just have everyone racing round doing the big stuff and not realising the Lagarto Moon still doesnt have any meek wormy things to annoy low level miners.

It would be nice to know we have x weeks to achieve what we want to achieve before the next wipe. For some it will be a race against time to get to 150. For others it will be 'meh - I'll go do some building/analysing/missions/story-line...'.

There are a multitude of MMOs out there you can play, that will have the stability your looking for. May I recommend Hello Kitty Online. This has a stable environment and you can be anyone you want, and maybe it will just help you to calm down a bit.

Help I can't breathe.

Bit of Elitism in this thread, if somebody submitted this argument:

To the OP:

The devs have basically said:

"You all leveled too high, too fast".

I missed where they said that, please supply a reference. As was stated in a different thread (linked earlier in this thread) the Team *did* say that there were changes they want/need to implement that *require* database changes and therefore they will be made in concert with a player wipe.

And limited playing time should have nothing to do with it. I find EnB an enjoyable game to play at all levels. Sure, you aren't going into the Fishbowl at lvl 15 but you are (or should be) chatting with others on New Player/<your race>/General on how to find this or do that and looking for advice/assistance or offering same. The levels come much quicker at lower levels, even without XP boost, so there's a regular feeling of accomplishment as well (plus the rewards that come with that leveling). Heck, if I didn't like playing through the lower levels then why would I (and so many others) create so many Alt's that all have to be leveled up from scratch?

Aw - Hello Kitty is lovely. I'll be transferring my allegiances to that MMO immediately . . .

W A I T . . . . .

Players get stuck entering their own farms. Oh noes. (This is serious - they are really having problems and rushing out a hot fix).

Mind you there are Seed Bundles and New House in the Dream Shop - at a price.

I wonder if they get power-levellers there too?

i think one of the reasons we have all these wipes is partly the coder/developer mentality... while you like to fly around and pew pew pew... coders have a love for just that coding... so wipes to them are like you making a new toon... and eventually the game will go live cuz there is a whole other part of development they get to play with... but there will always be a devolpment server with wipes and that will prob be the coders fav server... jusy imo

For some it will be a race against time to get to 150.

I think this is the root of many of the player wipe complaints. To many are so wrapped up in being "the top dog" that they view a wipe as a setback.

I think this is the root of many of the player wipe complaints. To many are so wrapped up in being "the top dog" that they view a wipe as a setback.

Obviously, as is the case when any game is being tested, most just want to play the game and of course they do not like to be wiped. ;)

I have no problem with the wipe personaly. But, as so many so eloquently have said, this in not a beta. It is a stress test and as such it must surely be beneficial to have as many as possible online so that the devs can weed out any lag and stability issues. To that end it should gain everyone to have as many as possible online, even those who just want to play rather than test. As it is now I think that we will see many quit since they dont want to start from zero again and while many seem to think 'good ridance', I cant see how this benefits anyone. This is why I suggested that there could be an option to start with pre made toons.

//Wex

Did Kangaroo actually think he should keep this toon forever and never have a wipe? For one thing, this is so very far from what the finished game should look like that even the early missions and skills aren't what they were on live. There is essentially no story line yet. Systems are missing 80% of there content or aren't even open yet. There is so much early content missing that 'live' was an entirely different experience than what we have done so far.

I want to 'live' the story from the beginning when it's ready. Not start as a high level character.

And, go devs!!!

i'm with the most of the rest of you. I knew it was a stress test and wouild be wiped when needed. LOL and also accidently. tests are just that your testing something with no way of knowing what's going to happen when you do that test of this code or that.

Even so i think this game is the best one out there. Yes i enclude STO in that. I wouldn't play STO if you give it to me free. Tried the open bata for a few days and it's nothing but an online SHOOT'EM UP! junk!

Well, I’d like to keep my characters, but that is typically not how pre-beta works. Even beta gets wiped, that’s just how it’s usually done. In alpha development, it happens more often, this is so everything gets tested. The only way to test something, to look for development bugs, is to start everyone over from the beginning otherwise that content only gets tested by the few rather than the majority.

For me, this player wipe has value. I get stuck in a rut trying to do what I want to do with a profession I can’t do it with. Hey – what can I say – I don’t play many games like this.

I found myself getting bored. Yes, bored.

There’s a fine group of people exploring how to expand this game. I say let it grow. It helps me grow within the game. Helps push me to explore other professions and find out what they do. I found I love the Progen Privateer. Will do that next time with some vengeance – not all.

We tend to lean toward what we know. Try going places you haven’t before and let this wipe be the start of that kind of process.

Well since the OP has been assumed to be hit in the read as the door swung shut this topic really could be used to be locked and swept under the rug. But I do like the comment of if wipes accomplished just one thing of getting rid of people like the OP I'm all for it.

Heh, I've been following this emu for so many years, when it began... when I typed ''Earth and beyond'' in google.

I've started playing during ST3, and loved the very taste of it.

Ahh nostalgia...

Anyway, Kangaroo has no rights to ''represent'' us, without even asking our opinion and flaming it.

A bit like trying to convert religious guys into satanists (not that I believe in that but just for the scenario?). :lol::P