What kind of content do we want

FireRibs

Stanig was on yesterday and he wanted to know what kind of content do we want. Personally I would like something as complex and drawn out as agrippa for the other races. Yes I know agrippa, very frustrating you will probably be on your second bottle of brandy a few minutes after you started it, but I love it keeps you engaged and frustrated :)

Right now I am working on my JE and there is not much to do but jobs, mining and searching for hulks, I am really not that much in a hurry to reach OL150, just wish there was more I could do except the above mentioned tasks.

Now what kind of content do you all want?

Just to clarify, what I was asking was what kind of content systems do you guys enjoy the most, and what are missing/do we need more of. 

What I do not want to hear is "open ardus, dt, add this sector, lets have vrix, etc etc."  Im not asking for "setting or flavor" i was asking for the nuts and bolts.

One of the best ideas I heard was adding something similar but not identical to agrippa, for terrans and jenquai.  

Someone in a PM mentioned an ongoing resource project that would have a new step or two added each publish w/ ongoing rewards that would ultimately turn itself into a sort of "mining/gathering themepark".  What the goal would be, not determined, but that leaves a lot of room for variety.

Whether or not either of those gets added, I cant say, I simply dont know, but if anyone else has an idea or wants to repeat theirs that I may have forgotten, please by all means post an idea here.

Again, please no "live content."

i found the missions in neptune for progen and now terren to be good, i would like to see something more direct for jenquia as well, I know you say no "live content" but i have to use some of that as an example. one of the nice things about the vrix invasion was the new class related content towards protecting the sectors that came with it, I'm not suggesting that in specific but something race related or even class related would be nice such as mining missions for miners, trade missions for traders and combat missions for warriors that have some sort of meaning to the story or could even be a cause and effect thing towards story advancement.

I would love resource projects comparable to the MCP for all 3 explorers.  That means we have more to do with the ores we mine.  New refines used in the building of new items.   Some times the refine itself is used in the item, other times the new refines are best sold to traders who use them in building of new comps to make new types of equipment.  Over time of course, not all at once.  Terran, Progen, and Jenquai all need resources to do various things.  Rewards could be flavored by the race running the project. 

I've started on the Professor mission in Nif with my JT.  She's a little too small to complete it alone, in that at CL27 (OL106) she can solo the 33s albeit slowly but needs help from guildies for the bigger mobs.  It's good content in that it gives specific tasks to accomplish and rewards a specific thing for success.   These types of things are good.  Traders having to fight isn't a problem, so long as they're not expected to complete a raid to get a print for something that's less than L9.  (I hear the reward is the print for the Shooting Star Reactor which would be worthwhile based on what I'm doing so far.)

More missions along those lines over time would work.  I've heard there are Progen missions to this effect, but I don't play Toria, Tera, or Toral that much compared to my Jenquai toons and my Scout.  Of my Progen toons, my PE will probably get the most play because she can mine.

I agree, with Terran and Jenquai versions of Agrippa type content.  Since we've been playing Live now for a while, I don't think it should be tied to Hulls or not allow L135+ to do said content, as there are already players of L150 in the game.   Races should be doing things to advance their own interests, tech wise.  Especially since we have 3 new classes that weren't in EnB Origins who could use more defined roles.

Secondary weapons aren't much used in this game.  Perhaps at some point in the future, there could be missions where each race learns some equipment to make them more viable.    Or later in game when Triad Technologies becomes more prominent, this could be a part of what they do.  Obviously not all of what they do.  Have already come across ammo by them.

If they're not already in game, missions based on race, profession, or class.  So some missions can be doable only by one race, others doable by members of a specific profession regardless of race (All explorers for example), and some that are class specific other than missions to learn skills.   Each of the 9 classes having some missions that can only be done by their same class.

• Upvote 1

Yes I know you didnt want "live" ideas....but. Something "LIKE" MCP or HTM.....that starts at a lower lvl than they did, with a on going resource turn in for items/recipes/xp etc. Especially if it had a floating counter and NPC reaction (even if that had to be patched in now and then if not coded). So they have a demand for resource or task X and they are getting that met but resource Y isn't getting met so they up the ante on the rewards to get more of it turned in or done.

Have it be raw/refined ores (preferably not the main comp ores that players need for builds, so as not to drive a artificial scarcity) for miners, and something assembled from builders to turn in (something they can rip down  if they must and can't get enough from miners but costly enough that they would rather get the ores than hump the vendors), and something that is normally vendor trash from mobs that warriors can turn in. This gives all 3 types a  say on input in some capital project.

Since the MCP/HTM might come in later and they were progen/jenny I suggest it be terrans "capital project" perhaps hyperia getting back to speed from its old mothballed delapidated ships, or building a orbital ship assembly plant, or even pre-assembling components for that gate that they work on later in legarto.

I especially would love the item rewards to remain relevant, something that you don't outgrow 2 lvls after you do the dang thing, maybe have it have higher level demands of resources for higher level of item rewards, and the items can be "upgraded" throughout your career with them. I.E L3 device at stack of L3 demand ore, turn in next level L4 demand ore and L3 device to get a L4 slightly better device.

I hate missions that reward you stuff that you have already outgrown by the time you finish the mission. Something ultimately sort of  NOSish but at lower levels (not saying "A" lower level NOS....but "stuff" that has say a extra buff than something manufacturable at that level like the NOS does...AND that you don't outgrow in 2 days.)

• Upvote 1

I think that falls under more of the client modifications, so I highly doubt you'll see that unless somewhere far down the line the client is done from scratch.  I think what they are looking for here is more story related content.  Any suggestions there?

Ahh but if that current USSC case is settled in the right direction. It could verry well be possible because enforcment of a so-called contract on a dead game will be some of the first to die if it happens.

Don't know what a PE is, Can't find it in any list of race or professions, but not to worry. My PS mines and if I recall there was a mission that required a heap of ores dilivered to a construction site and the rewards were a nice set of devices or items, cannot remember exactly. Something like that would be a nice mission for those of us who enjoy mining, so quiet and peacefull in the middle of nowhere with only mobs to avoid

Would like to see an announcement go out on, lets say, Progen channels ORDERING all Progens to a sector in Progen space due to something about to happen, and all 3 are required to 'fix' the problem, ie a station is collapsing and needs ores/devices/weapons to rebuild it and protect it as the RD's and/or Chavez know it is about to be damaged in some way and are massing for an attack

just an idea

An idea that a few fellow conspiritors an I had come up with in retail, that we never saw happen would be this:

A mining/gathering themepark scenario for each faction (sort of like how you have the progen/terrain frontier in moto) where people collect resources for a capital ships of their chosen race. At a certain point, when enough has been collected and time spent building these ships, they are sent to war with eachother, where the players are able to help their faction's ships through shield charging, hull patching, and damaging the opposing fleet (not pvp). 

Once fully implemented, this could be used as another raid encounter similer to zeke's machine, but with alot more setup time and effort.

Loot could include actualy loot from the wreckage for the victors, and quest rewards (such as components used in building the items that dropped) for a valiant effort for the ones that lost.

Edit: to help keep things balanced, 3 new factions would need to be added, and each turn in for 1 race, decreases faction for the other two, so you could never have positive faction on more than 1 at a time.

Edited by Shadinaxx

Don't know what a PE is, Can't find it in any list of race or professions, but not to worry. My PS mines and if I recall there was a mission that required a heap of ores dilivered to a construction site and the rewards were a nice set of devices or items, cannot remember exactly. Something like that would be a nice mission for those of us who enjoy mining, so quiet and peacefull in the middle of nowhere with only mobs to avoid

Would like to see an announcement go out on, lets say, Progen channels ORDERING all Progens to a sector in Progen space due to something about to happen, and all 3 are required to 'fix' the problem, ie a station is collapsing and needs ores/devices/weapons to rebuild it and protect it as the RD's and/or Chavez know it is about to be damaged in some way and are massing for an attack

just an idea

Yeh a PS is the actual 2 letter designation, but many go with their function as the second letter...i.e. Explorer. so a JD is a called a JW a TE is called a TW and of course a PW is the only REAL warrior :)

This of course makes problems for a TS being called a TE when a TE is actually a Terran Enforcer not a Terran Explorer. (of course there is the joke a Terran Scout is actually a Terran Exploder)

As to the mining thing you refer to..that was the MCP-Mars Construction Project, based in mars (of course) that indeed have mass demand for ores and a ticket-for-item reward system, some of those rewards were great, some odd. The weakness of the MCP was its miner centric nature, it was ores for tickets, warriors and traders don't mine. And all but 2 of the rewards were really only for miners.

The HTM-Heal the Maw, was the other turn-in project that came later, the npc was based in xipe totec station and it was a proof-of-completion-for-reward system, you assembled injectors from ores and mob drops after taking the mission(s) from the npc in kailassa station, went and "injected" the balm into the maw in tarsis, then went back to npc to turn in the spent injectors as "proof" of completion, the npc exchanged those for token/currency that was traded for rewards from npc.

While the HTM had a wide range of rewards, desired by all classes, and was completable by all classes, it still had one flaw, it was JE centric. You had to warp so far, from xipe totec>kailassa>tarsis>xipe to complete 5 injectors, and you had to turn in 20+ injectors for even the smallest reward and well over 100+ for higher rewards that to warp all that way was insane, you really did have to have a JE friend with endriago wormhole to get from xipe>kail>endriago with any kind of efficiency.

What I proposed above was something that didn't have those inherant flaws, everyone could have a part they contribute, no matter their class, and the items they turned in wasn't a specific node generated (thereby not having to have a JE to get there). And it wasn't a 1-shot-repeat mission, you didn't have to hump the NPC turning in again and again. Turn in X for Y. Turn in multiples of X(and possibly Y) for better Y. Turn in N for Z. Turn in multiples of N(and possibly Z) for better Z.

NPC got lots of item X but needs much more item B? He dynamicly "alters" his offerings to encourage more of item B to be turned in. (turn in item B, but becuase of shortage he rewards : more xp/credits/faction on top of the gear reward),

When the capital resources needed is reached, then something is created by that faction and possibly spawns some raid or event. But whatever the ultimate goal or event is, in the upbuild to it, there is a running counter so that all can see the progress to date, and if it could even list at least to you if not others: contribution to date...I.E. brag rights..player A. has done this much towards goal, player B. this much etc. Once the capital goals are all met, and the event goes off, then it resets for more.

Phorlaug<-----Puts up his Psionic Shield adds something for hull damage control and buffs up. :ph34r:

Some kind of real PvP aspect would be nice.

https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/6408-if-pvp-were-added-how-to-make-it-fun-for-all/

Now that the server cost is much more obtainable add another Galaxy.

Sunrise

and

Retribution (PvP)

Just saying. (Engages Cloak)

Pfft i see through your cloak and blast you anyway, after menacing you of course :)

Now THERE is a idea..have a capital project from all 3 races helping the progen reinstitute the arena. Each race has something they put towards it from some turn in aspect that eventually builds the arena.

After the arena is in gear, the "resources" from arena (those differing colored balls you ran to goal which are globes of stored energy) tick up and are a new item counted towards opening a new arena server! All that energy stores up to power a say "galactic bore device" used to drill through to some new sector and power a new gate. Once that gate is up, thats the PvP server/sector, you clone toons to for PvP action (and arena was the spring training camp for). Having that PvP seperate server could thereby keep all the PvP loons happy and remove any diverse impact on the PvE server.

• Upvote 1

Not really a fan of any huge missions and/or projects. 

1) Would love to see missions/content in sectors that have very little gameplay in them.  Doesn't have to be complicated but there are a lot of sectors with very little going on once you explore them.

2) 'Random style' popup missions:  Just like the RD pirate that would pop up while in ABG or Iverness (at least in live) I think it would be cool to get a distress call, request for assistance, or something like that.   Put a few of those around, that players can decide to not do, and change them up.  Maybe a few combat ones, a few explore ones, and a few trade ones EG: "My ship just lost an engine.  Can anyone bring me a spare level 4 breton to get me back to the station?  Will pay extra for higher %"

3) Less new gear that blows away old gear.  Bring the old gear up to par rather than just making it useless.  If the devs really want to add a ton of overpowered stuff then how about some missions that allow players to upgrade current gear (and yes, this is content)?

4) Add some more trade routes that are actually worth it.  The Pluto to Earth run was good until it got nerfed.....but there should be trade runs just like there are jobs.  Get people out and traveling.  Maybe make it a 3-4 gate trade run mission.  Or at the least increase the trade xp on runs that travel a huge distance.

5) Combat is simple and fine but both explore and trade content was lacking in the original game and adding huge missions/faction time sinks won't make it better.  People love to be able to login and do quick content (15 minute, 30 minute, 1 hour).  Interesting information, gear, or trade dialog keeps people interested.....at least it does for me. I would love to see more content near stars or in environmentally unstable areas that require JE or TS skills (enviro shield and null factor field) to do them.

6) Add some chavez content.  Some people love to kill red dragons and have zero interest in entering RD gates.  But from the amount of chavez all over the place they must have a decent organization.  If you like to kill RD's then it would be great to have Chavez faction/content/sectors/stations that were off limits to RD's or those with favorable RD faction.

7) Where did all the proto type gear come from?  Make a set of missions to explain, explore, inform on the reasons for it or the lore behind it.

8) Oh yeah, forgot about the Quarter-master.  Move em to Saturn and re-enable that bad boy. = ]

Edited by jrichards7

Mission content for gaining Glenn Comission faction? No idea what to suggest perhaps a series of go out and do this, this, this and that, repeatable every few hours or daily. I think jobbing is the only way to build up GC at the moment? It is not real great for gaining GC or any faction (we will all be in REAL spaceships before getting anywhere near 10K GC faction via jobbing).

(It would be nice perhaps to get some GC faction for taking out organic space critters in GC systems).

Mission content for gaining Glenn Comission faction? No idea what to suggest perhaps a series of go out and do this, this, this and that, repeatable every few hours or daily. I think jobbing is the only way to build up GC at the moment? It is not real great for gaining GC or any faction (we will all be in REAL spaceships before getting anywhere near 10K GC faction via jobbing).

(It would be nice perhaps to get some GC faction for taking out organic space critters in GC systems).

/agree

Glenn Commision faction isn't that easy to get, no suits, tiles.   Another avenue would be nice, thanks.

Specialty missions,

Reading Archangels post item #5 got me thinking, its true, some people have a rigid time frame for play time on game, say they have only 30 min ea day except the weekend, there is were they devote a couple hrs. etc. That got me thinking, why not have repeatable missions that are designed to fit right in a set time like 15 min or 30 min etc? That cater to a specialty or niche like so:

Mission:

1.Fast n Dirty. Npc X," Hey you, yes you! <class title> I need this traitor dead now, he has long been a trouble to <faction>, but his recent actions have now elevated him to termination status, YOU go NOW and punch his ticket, it is of highest priority, drop everything you're doing and go now I've authorized double the normal rewards for getting it done in the next 15 min. fail me and expect nothing but my disdain!....GO! what are you standing here for?"

The fast would be it takes 10 minutes to get there with a middle level engine and forces you to hustle and kill them fast and dirty, nothing fancy, simple go and terminate. If you hustle and get it done in 15 min. then you would get 2x more xp/faction/credits than a normal mission. If not..nothing. Repeatable with differing targets with the same kill in time frame, after say perhaps 5 of these a appropriate gear award for being a go to (and kill too!) guy.

Mission:

2.Slow Roll. Npc X, "Psst, you....don't look, just stroll over here and listen....hsst I said don't look! We don't know each other *whistling*...o.k. they are gone, don't have much timebefore they return, so listen close, I got a customer that needs something fast, no questions asked and above all DISCREET!...shhh..shh, sorry got to whisper here...o.k. if you can take this package...no, no don't look in it idiot! discreet remember? Take this to them in say, under 30 minutes and I will agree to pay you a "priority fee" for your trouble. what do you mean is it contraband? What do you think moron...with what I'm paying why are you asking questions? For that i'm adding a additional stipulation, don;t deliver in under 30 minutes and I pay you squat! So..you in?"

A cargo run with RUN stipulated. Do it in time and same as above enhanced rewards, perhaps the recipients of package could have returns under same conditions, after a few of these back and forths then the 5th or 6th run would have appropriate gear award...shhh no its NOT a hush bribe! (keep you mouth shut nontheless!)

Mission:

3.GEPA smee-p-a. Npc X, "SAAYY..you a miner per chance? I knew it! You got that work-hard-play-hard feel about you mate! Of course those ore chips on your uniform are a dead giveaway as well *rolling laugh*..no, no don't get all self-concious around me my friend! I can call you friend can't I? Tell you what, let me buy you a drink and discuss a proposition I have, I'm sure if we aren't friends now, we will be after you see how filthy rich I'm going to make you! So drinkup and listen...I simply loath the Galactic Enviromental Protection Authority, they always hassling good folks like you and me just trying to get by..good good I see you agree, so how about I get to the point? I got some "by-products" that I want to make Bye bye products...you take these to <mine field x> and as you mine the roids there scatter the product in the remains of the rocks? Oh look, time has flown! Ok. here is the rub...I been jawing here with you I've let time run low..so if you could do this in say...15 minutes? I will make it rather lucrative, lets say just short of early retirement lucrative...I've taken the liberty of having the "product" loaded while we talked so you don't have to deal with port authority..get it done my friend in 15 minutes... starting now, and keep your eyes peeled for GEPA inspectors!

Same as others get it done in 15 minutes get better rewards, 15 minutes up a GEPA agent spawns and chases you off and of course your "friend" don't know you, never met, how dare you impune their good name with wild accusations of illegal dumping! (not to mention no pay). After 5ish of these they give appropriate gear award.

So thats 3 missions for 3 class types (although with the exception of the mine onlys, other classes could do the first 2). have them repeatable, but only one time in 24 hr. so a week of short fast content with better than average rewards possible, after a week of it a icing on the cake with gearage. And can be done week in week out, perhaps it can be tiered for difficulty so the gearage and rewards are relevant to level.

EDIT: while I wrote this they mentioned glenn lacks factioning content...make these ^ all start at F7 as the timed start line, exit station and clock ticking. Enhanced faction gains as part of award.

Edited by Mattsacre
  • Upvote 1

Some good ideas for sure!  Reading over this it sparked something I heard a while ago - Dynamic trade routes, along with the addition of more trade cargo above level 4 or so.  Too many doing route A?  It goes down in value, while the other station over there is jacking up its prices to try to get someone to get what it needs.

Some good ideas for sure!  Reading over this it sparked something I heard a while ago - Dynamic trade routes, along with the addition of more trade cargo above level 4 or so.  Too many doing route A?  It goes down in value, while the other station over there is jacking up its prices to try to get someone to get what it needs.

I love this, with one addition, some way to track market.

There used to be a item..terran wheat I think, that was expensive for a low to mid player to buy a hold full, then when you got to destination it paid less per item than bought, it was a major complaint of noobs to get stuck that way, it even bankrupted a few.

Same thing, you would either need to set a hard bottom sell price for goods so that it never went for less than purchase, or have a market tracker to see actual trending and history of goods sell/buy to prevent them getting stuck, if you went with a tracker then just becuase item X was buying at 500 ea when you started your run, that don't mean 60 other players didn't sell and drive that under 500 before you got to vendor....

I would like to see a rescue-style escort mission.

Thank the stars! It's a *player's class* come with in emergency signal range. My ship's engine is slagged! Can you....:

A: Give me a Jumpstart? Then escort me to that starbase over there.
B: Escort me, but watch out cus my cargo's hot/hazardous.
C: Escort me, but watch out.....so 'n' so nearby mobs don't like me -OR- I didn't pay them tribute for crossing this area of the sector.
D: Escort me, but watch out....nasty fauna mobs are nearby and disabled my warp drive.

Docking maneuvers engaged: Meet me in the hangar for a cut of my cargo as a reward:

NPC says:

Thank you, *player name*. Here's a small percentage of what I made, the rest must sadly go into repairs to my vessel. I'll wait here until they're done. Here you go:

A: Experience and credits.
B: Valuable refined ores.
C: Stolen and valuable cargo.
D: Mission-only equipment (reactor, shield, weapon, device, but no engine).
E: A combination of the above, (bonus bump for Jumpstarters, heh).

NPC then is a fixture to the station or despawns after an hour or so.

On-location at *enter station name*, this is the Pakkrat. Edited by Pakkrat

Some missions that give prints or items as rewards be "limited time only" missions. 

Projects to complete those under construction starbases/gates where they exist.  Various types of refined ores needed, for both starbases & gates.  The gates in Cygni eventually have to be completed, the NPC that accepts resources to build them could be stationed on Kinshasa-Mbali, or in ships near the gate.  The PT base in Mars Gamma is under construction.  There could be an NPC in space near the 3 gates to the Progen training sectors, or at Arx Magister. 

Ariad or another NPC can accept things needed to build a main lobby at Antares 1, as well as eventually a Lounge or Bazaar, followed by completion of the gate into the next sector.  Ariad could also offer bounties on various mobs both in Antares Frontier, and in whatever sector that the gate leads too.  I'd imagine closer to the star since it can't really be seen from Antares Frontier.  IIRC, IRL Antares is a bright star near the end of it's life cycle.

The gate to Nebiros will eventually open, how about some missions to get it that way, as well as to help any completion of Androzari if it's necessary.  Ishuan station definitely needs work.

Various missions for the 3 traders, that involve learning new items, over the course of time.  The other professions could get profession apropriate content along these lines.

Jenquai Traders, and Terran Explorers getting some class specialized equipment to become better supporters in groups. (I imagine this comes with time)

New refines used in new components, and sometimes as components.  (if not already in game)

Missions chains like Lyle's missions that were in when DT opened.  Where an explorer has to mine and refine to build something new.  Some of these would be low or mid level missions, others higher ones.  I thought that was a great mission and had great rewards.  I like how every JE/PE who did the mission got a Loony's Hunk O Metal, and a Loony's Special Gizmoblatsit, but at the end had to make a choice for their third device.  In some cases receiving print rewards.  If they don't have adequate build skill, they still get the reward, and the print goes into their recipe book, they just cannot build it until the apropriate skill is raised to the aproprate level.

For irreplacable items, an NPC with a repeatable mission to repair quality.  Only applies to non-manufacturable items that are rewards for non-repeatable missions.  Should probably be at F7, and either require an extensive mission, or a large cost.  Say 5% quality for 2M times item level.