What kind of content do we want

FireRibs

All the other explorer classes have 4 weapon slots. When will Jenquai Explorer get a 4th? Even the Jenquai Seeker has 4, come on.....it's time to let the JE have 4 like everyone else. Why are they the ONLY ones with 3 guns while all the other classes get a minimum of 4. Every warrior gets 5, so...yea one more gun slot for Jenquai Explorers.

I guess that would have to be wired in later once a few things get worked out but it would be oh so nice and it is LONG overdue.

All the other explorer classes have 4 weapon slots. When will Jenquai Explorer get a 4th? Even the Jenquai Seeker has 4, come on.....it's time to let the JE have 4 like everyone else. Why are they the ONLY ones with 3 guns while all the other classes get a minimum of 4. Every warrior gets 5, so...yea one more gun slot for Jenquai Explorers.

I guess that would have to be wired in later once a few things get worked out but it would be oh so nice and it is LONG overdue.

That will not happen.  Also note the JE has SIX device slots.  Each toon has 9 total between weapons/devices.

The JE doesn't need a 4th weapon slot.  Now I'd love to see more higher end choices on what to put in those 3 slots, in terms of buff combos for each damage type, but I don't need a beam more powerful DPS wise, than the ones that already exist.  The reason mobs have butts, is so Jenquai would know where to shoot. ;)

The Terran Scout, according to the original design specs was supposed to have the same device/weapon configuration as the JE.  Early on the devs decided it was too weak for the class (they don't get Shield Leech or an damage inducing skill like the JE).  You can find the original docs in the downloads section of the N7.org site, assuming it hasn't changed.

Alternative route missions from NPC.....loads and loads of them!

I Hate "Go Fetch Dog" missions, srtike that, I LOATH them, I'm not a dog, I don't fetch sticks, and I most definately DON'T eat dog bisquits!

With that being said, sometimes combat missions from npcs are just to difficult for a certain class or their build-out. Not everyone hates hearing "run fetch".

So what I envision is this:

Npcs offer a different route to the same task, always offer a option B, sometimes straight up in talk tree, but other times alter from your reactions.

EXAMPLE:

Npc Bob needs

A. X amount of ore to make item to get task D done.----->

B. N amount of drops from mob to do task D.---------------> Result task D done and move on in tree to eventual reward.

C. P amount of items built to do task D.----------------------->

But what if the talk tree didn't offer it like A,B,C? Npc offers a combat or a fetch or a build first and you find that kind annoying..so let there be a actual /slash command or talk tree option were you get to ACTUALLY punch/smack them..or coax another reaction from them with a bribe etc. That then prompts them to offer option B,C or D etc.

Then let the npc get thier eventual revenge with sublty, like when the end of mission arc caps, it was say access to buy stuff, or choose some gear and they get to hold you over the barrel and make you pay more for it in revenge. Or if not that, have say the station manager intervene and tell you that if you smack them again you will be ejected from the station (with a faction hit)

There are so many times I've wanted to to tell a npc to "fetch this" *extends middle finger* when they want to send me to B.F. Egypt to get the 1 giziopopthingamajiger for them. It would be AWESOME to pop them one and say "fetch it yourself you lump!"   :)

Or if it was a kill mission for them, return and hand them a form that makes them reimburse you for all expenses encurred from tows and gear dmgs etc., hold them over the barrel to get the whatchamajigger they so desperately need instead of meekly handing it over to cap the mission.

Edited by Mattsacre

Fair enough on the gun slots thing...WHEN will you fix Compulsory Contemplation? Kind of silly for it to just sit there, forever dark. Might there be a way to work that in sometime?

It would be nice for the JE to regain some group importance since the majority of our combat/group related skills have been replaced by the JS skills. I mean it's great to Jumpstart and all but it would be nice if JE had more contribution to group combat type situations instead of merely being good for the occasional incapacitation event. As it is now JE are no longer a NEEDED class and passed over if JS are available. Used to be you NEVER went out without your JE.

JE and JT's buffs to reactor stack (some of them).  I do agree, though that all the support classes should bring at least 2 or 3 things that are needed and cannot be obtained elsewhere.  Especially the non-DPS support classes.  What they bring to the table must be as valuable as DPS or they'll be left at home.

JE and JT's buffs to reactor stack (some of them).  I do agree, though that all the support classes should bring at least 2 or 3 things that are needed and cannot be obtained elsewhere.  Especially the non-DPS support classes.  What they bring to the table must be as valuable as DPS or they'll be left at home.

Thanks...I'd still like to know about the  Compulsory Contemplation and when we can expect that to be addressed. Crowd control skills can be very helpful in combat situations. It would be great if the skill could have an aoe effect later on...like advanced version that confused in a specific radius instead of just target dependent debuff but still allow for switching to the single target version when needed.

What requirement to remain still? I can't see that requirement anywhere , so I don't know where you got that from. The skill doesn't say anything about sitting still to use it. It says it makes the MOB sit still tho!

I don't think the JE is unimportant for any group fighting for his life.

You have reactor buffs for the handicapped Terrans, debuffs to exploit mob weaknesses, can replenish group or individual energy with skills and devices only JEs can use and yes Jumpstart a fallen comrade.

I will have a JE worth his salt over another warrior type in my group any day.

Pretty good ideas here...i wish i have thought some of them :)

What requirement to remain still? I can't see that requirement anywhere , so I don't know where you got that from. The skill doesn't say anything about sitting still to use it. It says it makes the MOB sit still tho!

I'm assuming the skill, when it arrives will work the same way it did in EnB Origins where movement broke the skill, since the devs haven't said otherwise.

This may be an interlude off the main topic but I had a question, so hear me out please. Say someone has an idea and wants to submit a contribution of content, yet is not a Developer. Case in point, I hit upon some creativity after hearing the gripes for more Glenn Commission Faction opportunities. After some thought on it, I came up with six tiered missions out of NET-7 SOL, (I know....we don't know if they are GC or NET-7 SOL yet). I would like to submit these missions to Developers and see if any of them bite the lure and want to expand on what I've got so far. These missions center around pilots delivering hardcopy news to various stations for whatever individual story reasons. There are six routes and only one can be shortened a little by Jenquai Explorer Wormhole skill, (tack on the damage to the data like trade runs...). Each route has an easy to long-winded length and rewards accordingly once the return item is given to the original mission-giver. Now, I'm not a Developer. I don't know how to do this Developing thing. Yet I /can/ write a story that suspends disbelief long enough to get the missions done. Who can I turn to in order to submit this idea that's burning a hole in my notes? From NET-7 SOL, this is the Pakkrat.

I don't think the JE is unimportant for any group fighting for his life.

You have reactor buffs for the handicapped Terrans, debuffs to exploit mob weaknesses, can replenish group or individual energy with skills and devices only JEs can use and yes Jumpstart a fallen comrade.

I will have a JE worth his salt over another warrior type in my group any day.

Pretty good ideas here...i wish i have thought some of them :)

Agreed on the JE, It's the JT that I think needs some help, same for the Terran Scout, in my opinion.  The TT is invaluable because they have both heal skills, and Shield Charging, which is a very effective combination for a support class.  The JE has the things you mentioned, that make him a very good supporter as well, without needing to contribute DPS.  

I think that as she currently exists, skill & equipment wise, the JT is a bit behind the curve on what she can do to help a group, though the addition of the Quasar line of devices, and the Reactor Optimization skill help there.  A while back I proposed that Seekers get the ablity, through a line of devices, or as an alternative a L135 affiliation skill, the ablity to clear debuffs from players.  I called it Dispel, and there's a thread on it in the forums.  I think that the Terran Scout could also use some lovin' in terms of some new & unique things to bring through device effects.

It would be nice if they unnerfed the je's navigate 7. i really dont see a point in it . je is still very useful in raids . however i feel that more classes will be needed at raids once they get alot of the missing ai/raid mechanics functioning . a major proble i see is that any raid can be done with just 1 dps and x amount of healers spamming heal . i think its about time they add to the major raid bosses the abilty for the mob to constantly have its shield rechargen and not stop when taking dmg .

lets say (for fun) the master has a shield recharge of 5000 . if your hitting it with plasma its shield will not recharge till dmg stops or it trys to recharge but stops because of dmg . if that same boss was able to constantly have that recharge you would need 5001 dps just to see the shields go down any less and the shield is always full . it was like this in a few cases in live with master / dt / few others and should be put back into effect . it would solve alot of the problems we see now with mobs just having insane caps that have proved useless , mobs having way over powerd dmg . its a much better plan than constantly nerfing skills that were working properly in the first place . as for the current raids they are very cool and i think your guys have done a really nice job on them however i only see that one issue . hope that lil tidbit of info helps :D

I seem to remember I suggested to tienbau.. maybe a year ago lvl 165/group combat jobs out of paramis/bbw.

I'd have liked to seen more interaction content on the rd/chavez situation maybe add the content that could have caused their falling out and the war between the two.. drug deal gone bad tzu's daughter was kidnapped/killed etc.

I created miguel and marge chavez as alts to consider who/what/where/why/how but that idea has gone by the wayside for now till we have some independant team content action..

We have the vrix and bogerils to consider and the sectors based on that we have a point in time in the future for them.

Why not soemthing new.. Why not finish the base and gate in antares and add another level of voltoi mobs or there enemies and we have to help them.. I could think of a whole range of items they could drop and we could earn.

I do not post a lot of ideas on the forums for new content because of past bad taste in my mouth situations with various dev's and leads.

I'd like to change that a bit i get wierd ideas from time to time about stuff that could be done and just let it go because of past issues.

• Upvote 1

Having constant shield recharge on mobs and players is a great idea. It will solve a lot of player gripes with mobs/raids/loot.

It will give a much needed breath of life for the sidelined PS whos existence depended on its shield recharge.

It will also give the incentive for players to use devices that boost that recharge and are neglected now because of the mechanics in place.

It will create new tactics.

Accomplishments, Badges, Collections and Title system ...

Not a simple idea but might be fun and not to be confused with other MMO versions (not a skill system)

Simple goals/games for players to have a badge or title... (not original title but as suffix bottom of their names), since we can't change client side anything, can be something from Net-7.org changable titles....

For instance:

- Harvested more than 1000 hulks : Scavanger

- Harvested more than 1000 ores: Digger

- Killed more than 1000 organic creatures: Hunter

- Killed more than 1000 non-organic ships: Mercenary

- Done more than 1000 jobs : Dutyman

- Crafted more than 1000 items

- Analyzed more than 100 items

- Used more than 1000 Gates

- Spent more than 10000 ammo

- Spent more than 1000 hours: Sleepless

Or collections:

- Killed every type (or n times) of X Mob : Doom of Zenshai, Red Dragon's Bane, Bogeril poker etc.

- Harvested every level of Prototype Engines etc, some other title etc. etc...

Examples can be limitless if there is some way to store data...

Not on chat channels, but in game titles:

Admiral SiSL, achivement title
[Guild title]

Additional titles for finishing epic quest lines, Aggripa, Neptune Saviour, Red Dragon rank titles

Would be fun, do I want it? Not eagerly, but it is a side-content fun to achieve something :)

Just an idea...

Edited by SiSL

"What I do not want to hear is "open ardus, dt, add this sector, lets have vrix, etc etc."  Im not asking for "setting or flavor" i was asking for the nuts and bolts."

thats funny since devs said Ardus would be finished before going live

Not trying to shoot you down SiSL, just been my experience in OTHER MMO that when you add titles/badges/achievements and ugh...worst of all pets. That it caters to a certain mindset, that it promotes them and incentives them into undesired behaviour. I'm not saying it would here, if carefully implimented.

What I mean is, that other MMO have you do X of Y action to get Z "achievement" recognized, quite often camping some area and denuding it of mobs, mobs OTHER players need to do a mission, it is agrivating to try and get through a mission when you are in reality gettting through that uber player :/

Or they have you do some annoying action to another player(s) X amount of times to get some title. Those other players may or may not want your action done to them. Yes healing others 1k times and a title isn't real offensive in it's self, but imagine someone wanting that title sitting at a highly populated area, at peek server time, and spamming that skill on everyone comming and going from that location, you add lag and graphic clutter not needed.

Most offensive is "abilities" (and I use that word VERY generously), that are added JUST for people to achieve at...say like sprinkle fairy dust on 1k people to be called "big hairy fairy" title....you do some dubious new "ability" on people, that they either didn't ask for or might even not desire  on them, to warm your achievement gathering heart not theirs. The most offensive of these "abilities" are ones that disrupt others when they are trying to do something they are engaged in, those I find TOTALLY unacceptable..I don;t want to be knocked out of a gate que or a vendor/terminal becuase some tard wants a poke-pet of look-at-me trinket.

Like I said, if it was carefully added, some titles that are achieved incidently, NOT in some camp X for Y to get Z fashion, I for one wouldn't be adverse to it. But most definately, if it's content added just for the "trophy" set to have E-peen....I would unsign that...

Genuine tags is what we would be after, say player X has entered fishbowl Y amount of times. Or healed X amount fo players at location N (so you don't have someone getting a title for annoying 1k players at F7 to get hollow title.)

• 2 weeks later...
I'd be somewhat interested in constant shield recharge. It's pretty darn cool in "that other space mmo". It would add a whole new element to tanking. It would also, I think, be a LOT of work to balance dps to adjust, as well as being Very different from live. Not saying those things mean it absolutely shouldn't be done, just things to consider.

If they did that, constant recharge thing then simply give the Terran Scout an activated debuffer to weaken the mob's shield recharge.  One doesn't have to increase the DPS of the warriors, just give one of the supporters an adequate debuff, to make them needed.  That way it gives more utility to one of the non DPS classes.

You guys have no idea what you really want and how will it break entire game mechanics about "constant shield recharging"

It will be game breaking, tediously long fights and ultimately at end, a tedious game... You will be lucky to find group friends if you didn't leave before them then...

Game mechanics are perfected during WW/EA times for thin red line between being a boring & tedious game vs. entertainment. Classes are very well balanced, between dps / utiliy / healer combos... No need to change any game & combat mechanics exception of minor tweaks... No worries, non-DPS classes are already useful, you just need to know where & how to use them.

Most likely developers here very well see "vocal minority" trap that many MMO's fell before...

Edited by SiSL