What is wrong with this game?

Login problems lots of lag game going offline alot. It seems the latest series of patches are breaking the game. I can't play for 15 minutes without issues. Heck the game seemed to play better when it was in beta. I'm not trying to put any devs down here. I'm just wondering whats going on.

If a whole lot more where active in beta, these glitches would have shown themselves earlier, I'm happy that they are being hunted down and fixed when the Devs are aware of them

No game is without errors as no game is fully 100% tested.  That is why they have players! :)

I understand your frustration, but give a little to the Devs.  I mean they are making a game work, adding content, all without the actual programming code.  They are having to do do a little hit and miss to make things work like they should.

If they had the original code the game was written in, then yes, I would be with you 100% and just as frustrated, but beings they are doing what they can with what they have, I can be more patient with them over say an MMORPG that has an actual development team and code base in which to work and they still create bugs in a patch.  (Looking at WoW/SWTOR/Lineage II and any other MMORPG out there)

The thing is right now, they are finding bugs and they are fixing those bugs, but when they do that, new bugs that were hidden by the bug they just fixed, pop up.  It will be a while before the game is stable, something I can accept, as the Devs are doing this in their own time and are not full time developers for this game.

Enjoy having the game again, don't be in a rush to get things done. 

And only 3 or so of them have the skills to work on the issues causing the current problems.  So three people with real lives and jobs and families, working for free on a volunteer basis, sometimes putting in 8 hours of their day, digging through lines upon lines of what looks like greek or chinese to me...  to find one little problem at a time.

Yeah, short handed is an understatement when you talk about server stability.  I wish I could help Zack, but I dont have the necessary coding skills.

Do you OP?

No game is without errors as no game is fully 100% tested.  That is why they have players! :)

I understand your frustration, but give a little to the Devs.  I mean they are making a game work, adding content, all without the actual programming code.  They are having to do do a little hit and miss to make things work like they should.

If they had the original code the game was written in, then yes, I would be with you 100% and just as frustrated, but beings they are doing what they can with what they have, I can be more patient with them over say an MMORPG that has an actual development team and code base in which to work and they still create bugs in a patch.  (Looking at WoW/SWTOR/Lineage II and any other MMORPG out there)

The thing is right now, they are finding bugs and they are fixing those bugs, but when they do that, new bugs that were hidden by the bug they just fixed, pop up.  It will be a while before the game is stable, something I can accept, as the Devs are doing this in their own time and are not full time developers for this game.

Enjoy having the game again, don't be in a rush to get things done. 

I'm with you. Just the thought of what OUR dev's could do with the original sorce code of this game is frightneing....it would be the number 1 game of the year. Heck is pretty much is anyway LOL.

Just give it time. They will beat down the memory leaks and head on crashes the more of us there are showing them where they are the sooner it will happen.

Dont really feel insulted or anything, its just hard to deal with because in a lot of cases, these issues are coming up under server load.  Big issues that have always been there, but never manifested until we started having 350+ players on regularly.  We know it sucks, it really sucks, to have the server crashing so often, but believe me, SDEV is working their asses off to fix the problems.  Its just massive work, and very very time consuming.  Not to mention there are only a few C++ coders on the team that actually know the server architecture enough to debug and actually fix things as they happen.

That and the only way to test if a fix works, is to stress it under heavy peak load and see what else breaks.

Well last time I saw C++ was at college, quiet good with VB, VBA and Java though, who do I talk to about helping out. From where I am standing all programming languages are the same, it would probably take me a month or so to get up to speed with C++, but I am willing to put in the hard work. Just to add I am Network and Server admin by profession and I love it.

Well last time I saw C++ was at college, quiet good with VB, VBA and Java though, who do I talk to about helping out. From where I am standing all programming languages are the same, it would probably take me a month or so to get up to speed with C++, but I am willing to put in the hard work. Just to add I am Network and Server admin by profession and I love it.

Haha, I said that! :)

Learning C++ isn't impossible, though it is a bit different than the .Net languages, but, do honestly know what you are saying.  Learn one language and the others are easy to pick up once you get their syntax down!

Thing here is, Asynchronous, multi-threaded processing and such.  Unless you have experience in it, learning it isn't a 5 minute process.  Once again, not impossible, but you aren't just going to go from programming VB to doing multi-threaded processing in C++ in a few months.

Like your attitude though, and am sure they can find someplace for you to put your programming skills to use!

Rumrunner, the lazy butt programmer that doesn't do programming in my time off from work.  I am too busy playing games!!! :)

Edited by Rumrunner