Login problems

Here is the launcher

[attachment=2255:Launcher.png]

After clicking Play, I get:

[attachment=2256:Net7Proxy error.png]

followed a few seconds later by:

[attachment=2257:LoginFail.png]

I have updated Windows, updated .Net, and updated C distributable.  I also have cleaned the registry using http://www.wisecleaner.com/wiseregistrycleanerfree.html  Also have uninstalled, downloaded, and reinstalled the client, its update, and the launcher.  Certificates were an issue, but I think I got that sorted out too using certmgr.  Any ideas?

The Net 7 stuff requires minimum dotNet 2.0 and VC run time 2008. There doesn't appear to be the mouse look disable option on your launcher this indicates that the Net 7 folder has not updated. You could click on Launcher, click reset updates and the launcher will attempt to update files again. If that fails, suggest downloading a new Net-7_Install.exe file.

Also since you have installed in to C:\E&B you may need to download and run enb-up.exe. The installer would normally run this program (most of the bloat in Net-7_Installer.exe is due to it including this file) but only does so if E&B is installed in the default path.

You might also have to hack the registry to get rid of some quirks in the client i.e.

1 REGEDIT4
  3 [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Westwood Studios\Earth and Beyond\Registration]
  4 "Registered"=dword:00000001

You could save that into a file (without the line numbers) call it registered.reg and run it with regedit. The client may otherwise show some sort of ISRB graphic and a sunset thingy. If you see it you'll know what I mean!

Edited by Lot