Server Shutdown

FireRibs

*sigh* I was just making a friendly suggestion, I apologise if I offended anyone and you should really watch your tone as I was not fighting, accusing nor insulting anyone, just stating the obvious that server downtime should be announced well in advance.

Cant always give warning, FYI.  If something needs to come down right away, its going to come down.  I know inconvenience sucks, but things can snowball if left to run (like really nasty exploits or memory leaks causing the server to go insane), chances are it would have crashed anyway if Zack felt the need to bring it down suddenly for a hotfix.

Our weekly updates happen at 20:00 GMT Every Tuesday, and anything else is a "must do immediately"

We wouldnt bring the server down without a very good reason to do so, I promise you that.

Cant always give warning, FYI.  If something needs to come down right away, its going to come down.  I know inconvenience sucks, but things can snowball if left to run (like really nasty exploits or memory leaks causing the server to go insane), chances are it would have crashed anyway if Zack felt the need to bring it down suddenly for a hotfix.

Our weekly updates happen at 20:00 GMT Every Tuesday, and anything else is a "must do immediately"

We wouldnt bring the server down without a very good reason to do so, I promise you that.

There been time the hampsters just gave up and CRASH .... But like stanig said there can not be a warning all the time . I know i get upset sometime's but i also know the dev team are working on it .

a big THANKS to the dev's .

Never apologise for an offense if you didn't mean to offend. Let the slacker that takes offense learn to deal with social interactions like this. Seriously, some of you "adults" need to grow up.

Now, about the server (and also this forum) why is it that during beta (last month) that the server worked fine and now that it is "live" it is not? Lack of good planning? Crappy testing? Why go live if the software is now not performing as it should? PLEASE don't tell me you guys went commercial/board room decision "we gots to release before Christmas" on us. Let's get this stuff right before going off the cliff and crashing to the chasm below....every 2 hrs.

And why OH why do I get 121 emails about a followed thread? Did I ask for that? NO! This is a default setting in forum that should NOT be set to on by default. Now I have to spend time (during a crash) looking for the setting or whatever when I could be doing something useful like showering between EnB sessions.

Top right there is a button that says follow topic, I think that's the one you looking. And from what I understand these issues are only showing up because of the increased player base, there were never this many people on before now and only now are the cracks showing.

Never apologise for an offense if you didn't mean to offend. Let the slacker that takes offense learn to deal with social interactions like this. Seriously, some of you "adults" need to grow up.

Now, about the server (and also this forum) why is it that during beta (last month) that the server worked fine and now that it is "live" it is not? Lack of good planning? Crappy testing? Why go live if the software is now not performing as it should? PLEASE don't tell me you guys went commercial/board room decision "we gots to release before Christmas" on us. Let's get this stuff right before going off the cliff and crashing to the chasm below....every 2 hrs.

And why OH why do I get 121 emails about a followed thread? Did I ask for that? NO! This is a default setting in forum that should NOT be set to on by default. Now I have to spend time (during a crash) looking for the setting or whatever when I could be doing something useful like showering between EnB sessions.

What is with this hostility, honestly?  Do you think you could do a better job than we do?

I mean if youve got any useable skills, I will mention you right now to Kyp and you can come up in here and show us exactly how to do it "right"

Easy now folks, let's take it easy. Everyone count down from 10 and if that doesn't work count down from 100.

On a more serious note Stanig, I understand where he/she is coming from I was once like this :)

Im just saying, its not even about being mad, its the simple fact of if you want to criticize, by all means offer up an actual solution instead of just slamming at the people doing this in their spare time for free.  Its pretty insulting to blame us for something that we didnt even know about until after the server went into high load and things started cropping up.

Now, about the server (and also this forum) why is it that during beta (last month) that the server worked fine and now that it is "live" it is not? Lack of good planning? Crappy testing? Why go live if the software is now not performing as it should? PLEASE don't tell me you guys went commercial/board room decision "we gots to release before Christmas" on us. Let's get this stuff right before going off the cliff and crashing to the chasm below....every 2 hrs

If you chose to read the forums entirely you will see that this has been answered many many times.

Certain issues only appear under load, before live things we stable with 150-200 people on, server is now double that, and errors are showing up under load.

Can't do a load test without enough players, and that's is what transition to live brought us. More players/returning players.

These things are getting fixed by volunteers that DON'T take any money for there work, we are a none profit organisation with all donations used purely to fund servers and development tools for a FREE TO PLAY game.

Need any more explanation?