game crashes immediately to desktop after inputting password

exactly as the title says. it was working fine at 7am this morning and i logged off and went to bed and shut computer off,  woke up a bit ago and tryed to log on and it made me  install an update i think ite was 128 - 129   and then i tried to log in and  is when it started to happen. tried to start n7 again and said there was another update to 130 and still kicks me back to desktop,   please help

you can try to see if you have an issue that has been happening off and on for while. Go into the EA folder, to data to client to mixfiles. Delete all the files with the .th6 extentions. Do it as admin, if you are running vista or above for an OS so they will stay gone if you have to reboot for any reason.

that is what solved your problem for me a few months ago.

Deleting all .th6 files did in fact work for me.  We really need to figure out why this is happening.  I have a feeling that the th6 files are not themselves the problem, but that deleting them is causing the client to reinitialize something - as far as I can tell the th6 files are not particularly important themselves.

I tried deleting the all of the >th6 files and still the same; I run 3 pcs; win 7 ; win xp and vista; the vista is the only one i've ever had a problem with; the other fixes have worked in the past but today i logged off this morning and can't get back in on the vista pc; Any ideas

If we know there is a problem and a potential fix, why not try to tackle the problem and help those that have to religiously do this in order to play the game.  The process itself don't take long, but I would think it would be on the list of issues to fix.  Maybe create a script with a button on the Net-7 launcher and add it to the "flush DNS" and other options tab, to delete those files.  There are some people that aren't very computer savvy that might have issues deleting them, preventing them from playing.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This only happens on our pc running Vista. The Win XP machine took the recent updates from EnB and Microsoft without a hiccup. Please keep the .th6 tip near the top. 

I had the same problem, my XP and win 8 works with no problem, but my Win 7 and my bros Vista crashes after sign in. We did a right mouse click on client.exe, properties, Compatibile, put in a check mark in "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and choose Win Xp. This worked for us.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey I'm getting the same issue.  After the 130 patch yesterday or the day before both my friends laptop running vista and my desktop running 7 crash after the character loads.  The galaxy map displays before CTD.  The Win7 machine has never had a problem until this update.  The lappy has and  has been troubleshot to work.

I have tried deleting the global as well as all other .th6 files, multiple times.  I tried resetting the launcher, the clients and the application are set to run as administrator in compatibility XP mode, ip v6 is disabled, ran in debug mode.  Any other suggestions?  I see people are still able to log, but all the machines I have available are stuck after this last update.

when I logged on yesterday, there were 2 updates, I haven't played for a few days so I cannot guess when they were added

Also when I logged on at the library this morning, A week ago I shut the computer down, this issue started

Home comp is a 64bit Win 7 OS, Library is a 32 bit Win 7 OS