Cherry Picking Of Hulks

johnnyb455

Sometimes when I mine or loot, the contents box shows it as empty, yet there is loot there, I belive this is a bug?  Anywho, what if all hulks show up this way?  and you can only take from the top down in the box?  This way its a mystery what you get and you have to take the little stuff b4 the big

Sometimes when I mine or loot, the contents box shows it as empty, yet there is loot there, I belive this is a bug?  Anywho, what if all hulks show up this way?  and you can only take from the top down in the box?  This way its a mystery what you get and you have to take the little stuff b4 the big

Once again Working As Intended, you guys keep trying to rethink ways to force other players into your play mold. They don't have to play your way! YOU play your way! If you always empty the hulk..good for you. I usually do pick everything if my hold can contain it..the debris is worth it in credits. But there have been times when I was out of hold space and didn't pluck each and everything out of hulks/roids..by others standards I should be hung by my toes for that "crime".

Are you going to get in a fight with someone because they put the toilet paper folding over instead of under? If so thats the very essence of being over anal..literally! :)

Roids despawn and respawn, hulks despawn and respawn, if you luck on a hulk and someone cherry picked it TOUGH, they beat you to it and it was "their" hulk to do with what they wished, if they left debris in it and didn't take it, look at it as kindness, they left dessert for you, they were to full from the main course. Take the debris if you want, if not move along, it will soon despawn and reset the hulk field. Come back later, maybe you will beat them to it next time, and you can cherry pick, or not, to you hearts content, since this time it will be "your" field to use as you wish.

• Upvote 2

what a discussion..

i started a TS a few weeks ago and found a field (lvl 5 hulks) i could barely mine.. know what i love the debris in that field .. (300debris in 1 full field clear..) the debris and some others items in that field made my TS (traded to my TT) rich on trade xp and cash i havent had before. Go on bigger miners just go cherry picking i take the debris and the field clear xp.

All Happy

• Upvote 1

what a discussion..

i started a TS a few weeks ago and found a field (lvl 5 hulks) i could barely mine.. know what i love the debris in that field .. (300debris in 1 full field clear..) the debris and some others items in that field made my TS (traded to my TT) rich on trade xp and cash i havent had before. Go on bigger miners just go cherry picking i take the debris and the field clear xp.

All Happy

Even my miner (100 OL JE) I still mine every hulk I come across clean just to make cash off debris. Personally I do not really care if some one leaves just debris as it is just more credits for me. It would be nice if they were cleaned out and had a fresh field to get stuff, but I mainly mine for credits. Mahjong tiles and proto gear are nice (set from 4-9 on gear thanks to them for my JE weapons as she is only cl 18). But for those who may not know some of the unvisited areas as I do it would be nice to have fresh fields to mine rather than junk. 

my 2 cents:

Clearing the field you make millions on is fair to the next player who comes along as the field can respawn.

I personally clear the fields even after (the lazy rude) cherry pickers have been there and found all the "good" stuff, i will space the debri by targetting and warping before its gets to my hold so the lowby's can get the trade xp.

That being said there are some dangerous fields i will "cherry" pick and be a lazy rude person as the agro near by is impossible sometimes; that being said some dangerous fields are still clearable if your good at your craft.

Clear fields if at all possible and be one of the "good" guys.  never know maby you will beable to come back to a respawned field and benefit yourself.

That does happen (server/client bug)... Easy way to know for sure is if the window for mining does not auto close there is still something there and just keep clicking the upper left box on the mining/loot subscreen...

If you do that and the window does not close report it.

Edited by shadowxsx

• 2 weeks later...

All these hypocrasy brings tear to my eyes...

I've seen most reknown names of this galaxy doing 'cherry picking', but here it is all politics...

Good term by the way, especially new ones who does not really know what it is, people call others every time with such title, yet what they are angry with is not cherry picking, because they could not get the cooler loot. "I always clear the hulks" is a shameless lie you know...

You jump hulk to hulk, pick loot first; if you have time may be you turn back and clear the rest and that's a big may be... (You in general, not pointed at any of you)

Edited by SiSL

All these hypocrasy brings tear to my eyes...

I've seen most reknown names of this galaxy doing 'cherry picking', but here it is all politics...

Good term by the way, especially new ones who does not really know what it is, people call others every time with such title, yet what they are angry with is not cherry picking, because they could not get the cooler loot. "I always clear the hulks" is a shameless lie you know...

You jump hulk to hulk, pick loot first; if you have time may be you turn back and clear the rest and that's a big may be... (You in general, not pointed at any of you)

Want to thank you for ASSUMING how I mine.  (if you didn't catch the sarcasm, you need to get taller so things don't go over your head! :) )

Best thing they can do is go back to live and make hulk spawns rare.

I'm not sure if this is a bug OR if the stated "hulks re spawn even if cherry picked" is not necessarily true.  This morning I worked a low level hulk field and intentionally left a hulk with only 40 something debris in it.  I logged, watched a movie..returned 2 hours later and the field had not re spawned in that time.  I pulled the debris and left, at least the field should re-spawn.

Xipe   

You are assuming all hulk fields respawn in under 2 hrs. I would be surprised if that were true. Only the Devs know that but they wouldn't tip their hand so we'll all have to keep guessing.

I guess that is the point. If a hulk field takes more than 2 hours to re-spawn with only debris left in it it adds fuel to what we have been whining about in re the cherry pickers.  It gets old cleaning up the fields for the pickers to pick the pickins. 

Which field is it, Mimir? Sector, location.

Certain hulk fields respawn in 30 mins or even 1 hour.

Others are on a random timer based on the field level for example L1-3 field has a timer 8 hours plus or minus 2 hours on each hulk respawn. L4-6 is 16 hours plus or minus 4 hours. And L7-9 is 24 hours plus or minus 6 hours per hulk.

So depending which field it is and guessing from what you've told us, it is not a 30 mins or 1 hour timed field but one of the longer timed hulk fields.

I'm not sure if this is a bug OR if the stated "hulks re spawn even if cherry picked" is not necessarily true.  This morning I worked a low level hulk field and intentionally left a hulk with only 40 something debris in it.  I logged, watched a movie..returned 2 hours later and the field had not re spawned in that time.  I pulled the debris and left, at least the field should re-spawn.

Xipe   

Sorry it was the low level 3-5 hulks in Xipe around the asteroid field.  I did post it in my original but it wasn't very prominent.  

I think my point is that if a field does not re-spawn if crap is left in a hulk, then those of us who clean them up are only promoting the cherry pickers.  Clean the hulks out if you are able.  If it is guarded and you can't that is understandable,

LOL and if you are only thinking of cherry picking and you don't clean it (and we garbage collectors) refuse to clean up after you, you can't pick anything else until next reboot.  Sounds fair. 

yeh fields differ and on different timers etc., for instance the one near Arkan moon AP respawns like every1 hr-2 hr. same with the one near Tokee moon same sector, the one near sat nav in AP seems to be every 2-3 hr.

But compare the one in somerled nav 8>9 its like a 8hr ish timer, same with the RD training base in GO.

There also seems to be a varience in better loot, the Arkan moon loot is 5-7 but seems to be less likely proto gear, and when it does its primarily lower than 100% quality, same with tokee. The longer spawners seem to have a greater concentration of proto and larger stacks of refined ores with the proto seeming to have usually better then 100% quality.

I have witnessed  for myself hulks despawn, was picking through someone elses leavings at somerled 8>9 when some of them popped before I got to checking them as well as ones in Slayton..so those that worry about pickers throwing off a spawn/respawn timer, you worry needlessly. So you didn't beat someone else to it..tough, check back later, maybe the hulkfairy will be better for you next time. :)

Got to sign +1 for hulk fields gone except were storyline allows for it or around high end guardians, all other hulks should be scattered through ore fields, that would take the cherry picker! complaintants ammo away, but then they will find some other thing to Bi$%^ about won't they?

What about making a Bogeril NPC who will give Bogeril faction for stacks of debris? One stack equals 20-40 Bogeril faction. These are guesstimate numbers obviously, but if the numbers are tweaked, debris could become a desirable commodity for all levels of miners.

• Upvote 2

What about making a Bogeril NPC who will give Bogeril faction for stacks of debris? One stack equals 20-40 Bogeril faction. These are guesstimate numbers obviously, but if the numbers are tweaked, debris could become a desirable commodity for all levels of miners.

I actually like that idea, a debris turn in for a minimal but somewhat substantial reward, giving people a chance to faction up.  Interesting idea.

Also, digging the Breetai icon.

The longer spawners seem to have a greater concentration of proto and larger stacks of refined ores with the proto seeming to have usually better then 100% quality.

This is just a figment of imagination...

It's all about dice and what dice means in list of possible drops assigned to that field...

• 4 weeks later...

I know cherry picked hulks/asteroids re-spawn, blah blah blah... But those of us that can't be on 24/7 to sit at the choice spawn spots would like in on the action and a chance to get some of the good stuff too.  Here are two suggestions that may help.

1.  All debris HAS to be pulled from the hulk/whatever BEFORE anything else can be pulled.

or (my favorite)

2. Nothing in a hulk can be seen EXCEPT the debris, you have to sift (read pull) through it to find the diamond in the rough (the prize).

+1 for more random spawns.

My solution would be to give the miner(s) who complete the field (those that are in the area and get the field completion xp) a message that tells them roughly when the field will respawn.  If the respawn is more random, and less predictable then there is a great incentive to clear the field. 

"Respawn in approx 5 hrs".

I suspect Kyp would say the coding would be relatively easy (?).

I still maintain 'cherry picking' is not a problem as the fields respawn anyway.  What I suspect is the real problem is just some people fretting that someone else got there first.  Get over it and put the time in to watch and record spawn times.  If you want the cherries then you have to be there first.