Trade Secrets (Vinda Mission)

As I was unable to get any response to a question if Player-made "Rottweiler Shields" (level unknown btw could be 5-7) wanted in step 6/11 I am asking it here.

I like to know upfront as the current credits I have are short at hand.

As I am doing the Progen Sentinal (PS) Bonus mission too I am either forfeit it (again no one knew if it can be forfeited either) if I am to get to step 2 of the Bonus mission for my PS.

I hope I will get an answer here....

Thanks in advance

Nvm this post.

I made a rough calculation of credits needed just to get all items needed: 16mil credits (store-price taken from net-7 database).

Any OL27 being able to finish this clearly is tweeked and therefore this mission is in my humble opinion lacking logical requirements.

This apart from the fact the L30 bonus mission for progens has the same NPC at Arx Ymir as step 6 of this "trade secrets"-mission

I dropped the mission for now and maybe retake it at L100 or so.

No, you dont need 16 million credits for the mission (well you might for the Tech 9 and Bonus steps).  You only need to obtain the five shields listed in the step youre on, which you turn in to the guy on Arx Ymir.  That will complete the ENTIRE repeatable (the whole thing is actually 4 missions with multiple different rewards depending on which Tech level you chose in the first place), and you can go back and again select 3, 5, 7, or 9 again.

Level 3 Tech Shields - Steps 1 and 5

Level 5 Tech Shields - Steps 2 and 6

Level 7 Tech Shields - Steps 3 and 7

Level 9 Tech Shields - Steps 4 and 8

Bonus "hidden turn in" - Steps 9 -11

You will only do the steps of the given tech level you chose in the INITIAL talk tree when you first spoke with vinda.  (if ou chose tech 3 you go to step 1 to obtain, then SKIP to step 5 to turn in.  If you chose tech 5 you go to step 2 to obtain, then SKIP to step 6 to turn in, etc)

Does that make sense? 

The display issue showing you the past steps is an unfortunate display bug we currently cant fix.  I know its confusing, but the biggest "fix" is actually reading the text in the talktree when you take the mission, and not just relying on the "tooltips" for every bit of info you need.  Vinda flat out tells you what kind of shields to get and even who exactly to give them to once you have them.

That being said, I am going to ask some other players that have done the mission and see what they are saying.  If worst comes to worst ill just split the whole thing into four separate missions and call it a day.

just started this on my PW  i vent for the lovwest level and was asked to purpace 5 SH-X7 Mastif Mk. III then when i get back to her i got next step to deliver the 5 Rottweiler shields to arx ymir for prossessing. i dont have any rottweiler so there is some sort of mixup in that mission.

She never asked me to get rottweilers

just started this on my PW  i vent for the lovwest level and was asked to purpace 5 SH-X7 Mastif Mk. III then when i get back to her i got next step to deliver the 5 Rottweiler shields to arx ymir for prossessing. i dont have any rottweiler so there is some sort of mixup in that mission.

She never asked me to get rottweilers

That's exactly what happened to me when i was trying to do that mission....

Ok, i started with the level 3 shields - took them to Vinda, she said to take them to Arx ymir.

I get to Arx Ymir and Hayvair wants the lvl 5 shield instead.

He also won't give me nanobots that i need for the lvl 30 HU mission as  he is fixated on the other mission.

The mission may work now if you start from scratch - but will the fix work for those that are half way through or do we need to abandon and restsart?

Update, I just went into game on Sunrise and completed the level 3 part of the mission with no problems whatsoever.  Obtained the five level 3 shields, talked to vinda, was told to go to arx, delivered them, got my xp, mission completed.

So i know its working.

Also Mannakin, we found your toon and an associate rolled you back to stage 5 (the bug was pushing you to stage 6 before i fixed it, and the patch didnt roll you back), also make sure when you turn these in now, they are in your cargo and not your vault.

Let me know if that works.

pakrat with his news made me think my je could do something with vinda... but she.s racist....i guess.. lol

+1

My only gripe is that I have done the level 3 shield as a PP, and it cost me somewhere North of 100K credits, for a mere +2K (or something like that) Progen rep that I already have.  May be my JE need this mission, but not my PP!!!!

Edited by VincentTH

Just been on my character shiandra and she is also stuck on part 6 of the quest, not been able to do the part five part though, I have the goods to do it was going to try and continue from part 6 but I would not be able to get the goods as they are a drop item from a much higher mob than I can handle. So even though the quest may have been fixed I'm still in a quandary.

For those that think progen mission Npc are "racist" as stanig said they are factional.....Vinda is the sabine class leader so it stands to reason you need....SABINE faction :)

Potria is a Collegia aligned npc..so Collegia faction is needed, Zieg is Centriata aligned..thus Centriata is needed.

Progen are a science based race that believe in using science to improve themselves and increased firepower..the ultimate "better living through science" group. They were (Old Live (tm) ) straight forward, and almost all missions were as well, (yeh yeh there was subterfuge between the factions :)) New Live (tm) they have expounded on the infighting and race competiveness, so too many of the missions are no longer straightforward (I blame it on those sneak Jenquia...they have gotten spies into the primarch and Cdevs somehow :))