Launcher issue

This just started this morning. I tried to log in and the server status on the launcher says Offline. I checked the portal and it says 300+ people online. I tried flushing DNS from command prompt and restarting computer several times. It still shows Offline for me. When I click play on the launcher it says "server failed to respond to Login attempt"

Please help.

• Upvote 1

I have same problem. Tried to login about 3 hours ago. Server has shown Offline all day. Tried rebooting router, flushdns on PC. No joy does seem like could be dns issue. Am on Verizon Fios in case it helps. Tried from 2 PC's and enb notifier red all day.

Also can't post on forum with Firefox or IE. don't know if its related but I posted this from an iPad with safari. Edited by Deslok
  • Upvote 1

i have to say i having the same issue right after the server was restarted earlier

i was in the game running fine this morning and afternoon. but after restart i having same problems like this launcher just checking server and goes to offline wile some of my friends plays lol

hope u lot can look into it.

• Upvote 1

I had/have this problem too on 3/4 of our household pcs.  From the pinned DNS thread I got this from LOTS post over there and it fixed the launcher problem but broke my browser's ability to point to net-7.org: 

%systemroot%\system32\drivers\etc\hosts

Can you could try adding entries in that file ^^ temporarily, for example the following:

74.208.192.215 play.net-7.org sunrise.net-7.org www.net-7.org
74.208.132.71 patch.enbemulator.com

That ought to do the trick for the launcher and the proxy, if they're having fun times trying to resolve the names. And get you access to the portal again.

This is a blessing and a curse....using this allowed my launcher to work but my patch notes no longer appear in the launcher and I can't access net-7.org in my browser, it instead goes to IIS7's launch page.  I have no clue what's going on here and am just happy to be able to play but it would be nice to not have the fix breaking something else.  Though I much prefer playing to browsing Net 7! LOL

EDIT:  I think I figured out the fix....the launcher and my browsers work again if the only address used above is:

74.208.192.215 sunrise.net-7.org

Hope this helps anyone else that's having problems too!

Edited by Bellatrixxe

With Kyp's DNS updates late yesterday all is well, no more dreaded offline for me. Modifying the host file will work in the short run but there are several severs involved and if the IP addresses of any change you'll have problems again till they are updated.