Pls Change Your Mindset.

madline

What I have been noticing is group hunting and group touring isn't up to par in my opinion. I notice when hunting in a group say of 3 or 4, whoever has the highest CL compared to the mob your hunting, you get that chars solo xp, (in other words you get the highest CL players single kill XP) split 4 ways plus the bonus of having 4 in group. That doesn't seem right, but maybe I am wrong on this or just the bonuses need to be set higher. The same goes for people doing tours, seems to me you get more XP quicker if you just take a single toon out and get the navs instead of being grouped. Right now the only one getting the benefit is the higher level player doing the touring. The bonuses just aren't there.

There is a reason for the CL/group being set at highest players CL+group bonus.....hardcore PLing.

OL Live (tm) they had it set (despite being warned of it by all us beta testers about the exploitability of it prior to launch) that ea player got the xp from the mob according to their level please group bonus.

Let that sink in...A CL50 could take out a CL10 and kill L50 mobs, the CL50 would get the 1k/# in group xp + a grouping bonus (usually 20% per grouped player)..so a typical gain for a CL50 no whoop...but the CL10 on the other hand...they got a xp boost counted as though they had killed a CL50/# in group!..they hot the xp cap every kill..thats like 8k at the time?!...

What happened (as we warned them..) Power Leveling services...and guilds built around just that also..Guilds who's only function was to offer PLing to others for a fee (both in game currency and RL funds). they could get a paying client to at or near 150 inleass than a week.

So it wasn't long that they started tinkering with grouped xp to finally having to settle on xp being based on highest players xp and allocating based on their gain rate not other players current lvl versus mob. Due to the exploitablity of any other way or allocation, I really don't see another solution than that.

As to the xp via explore navs...by the nature of xp allocation of EL, if the group is 5 or 6, no matter if the tour giving players level gap vs. toured players all will get full xp gain or more. Consider: a group of 2 touring, the xp that would be gained is pooled and split 2 ways + grouping bonus..if the tour giving player wouldnt normally get EL from bring too high EL they are in effect "leeching" of the lower player (although is it leeching to take them safely about, faster they they could solo, to places they wouldn't be able to go, and get the gear from fast advancement sooner?)

But in a group of 5, no matter the number of players and their lvls in EL, once the pool is split and the grouping bonus is added they are getting 100% no matter the lvl gap, they "leech" is negated and the lowest lvl player is getting FULL xp for ea nav even after higher lvls have "leeched", add a 6th player and you are a net gain to everyone no matter the lvl split.

So all those players that cry leecher to tour givers...try a 5 or 6 man, then try a solo..notice the difference and then come talk.

Edited by Dakynos
slightly changed - already had enough issues with this thread

A simple average of the group would be more appropriate in the example of the combat group rather then the method described, but then we all have opinions don't we. One thing that everyone is failing to acknowledge is that this isn't the original live game so applying the standards from it are once again just an opinion. People will continue to play this game and occaisionally contribute to the maintenance of the equipment so long as they are getting some entertainment value from it, making things overly harsh or acting heavy handed will simply drive folks away and I don't think thats in the best interest of the community.

From my standpoint, this is a frustration as well. I wrote a massive mid to high level content themepark in progen space for the live push, and plugged it again on the last content note patch, and havent seen many doing it. When I tested those missions I dinged six times, came out with over 2 million in credits, and six new items I couldnt get anywhere else. It did take me a whole two or three days to do it playing casual, but it beat sitting at a job terminal.

Its not that its anything fantastic or crazy whoa out there, but its a viable alternative to jobs that grants a decent amount of XP, credits, and new items as you dig deeper into it.

However, because of efficiency and min/max mentality and the "tried and true" of leveling a JE to wormhole the rest of the alts around and just jobbing to 150, not a single person has done enough of the new missions for even a single one of the new items to be owned by any player. No one has even seen the items. (checked the IDs earlier, and none of them are owned by any player avatar)

Id be all for a severe nerfing of the job system, I think its needed it for a very long time. However I also know we have bigger fish to fry right now, like getting the server stable and the midnight DNS issue resolved. I can bring this up at the next meeting, but I couldnt give you a timeframe or anything like that, but yes ongoing balance needs to be addressed.

actually your frustration stems partually from game mechanics...I love to do 2fer jobs/missions from nps and terminals to same locations etc. it's efficent. The main problem is: Knowing WHEN and IF a NPC will give a mission...and if the mission is WORTH the trouble.

There is never a visual clue that a npc has something for you like other games do...as a example LoTRO has little rings over NPC heads WoW has "!" or "?" etc. thats the mechanics problem and the client. There are so many NPC's and vendors in this game that COULD have content for you...and they are scattered so far and wide throughout the universe, that you could spend hours just going to each and every one, roaming thier talk trees trying to even get the missions from them let alone completing their missions requirements.

Now compound that with level appropriate content: so you talked to npc X at lvl 30 and they had zip for you...and L40 zip and maybe at L50 they do..but you don't KNOW to talk to them at L50! you level every 10 levels then go to every npc all over again? I don't, and I bet many others don't either. So in the course of doing something else you happen to talk to npc X and they now have something for you that they didn't let you know about for 20 lvls ago. now you have to decide...do I take thier task and fill a mission slot I may need for something I'm doing or are about to do? Was the mission something lvl appropriate 30 lvls ago and now isn't and the XP gains or item/rep/credits rewards are so piddling that its not worth the effort?

I don't know how within the clients limits how to overcome these limits..maybe that button thingy that tells you that there is a message for you in the upper right sceen could clue you to talk to npc X when you qualify for their missions or something. IDK..but to blame the job terminal and demand a nerf bat is simply that..over simplistic, eliminating the xp gains from a terminal will not nessicarily drive players to npc's and their content...nor should it...to force someone into a play mold is counter to what the spirit of this project is.

I would no more tell another they HAD to mine or explore navs for all their xp than I would tell another they had to shoot for it all. Think carefully just why folks use the terminals....a NPC don't tell you, "I will give you Z amount of xp and like you N amount more (faction), if you take/kill/gather this for me", a terminal does. Some folks like to know what they are getting into when commiting to a task, others like the suprise factor of what a npc will give them, both valid ways to enjoy the game...why nerf a terminal and make them gain less for commiting to a job instead of "free lancing" it with a npc?

Edited by Mattsacre
  • Upvote 1

Matt hit it right on the head, I've asked this question in game and I think serious consideration should be given to listing the available missions  and perhaps a suggested order of accomplishment. I know that would certainly keep me from becoming a Jobs Terminal  Zombie.

• Upvote 2

Matt, I do understand what you are saying about how combat would be a mess if the CL10 got 8k when grouped with a CL50 player and killing a CL50 mob, I do not want that either. But, a boost in the group bonus would be nice, especially when grouped with similar CL players. Just not sure if it can be done, as I am not a coder, so I have no idea if the code can recognize grouping with close CL players as opposed to a total mis-matched group, as in somone low level leaching off of high level players.

As for navs and explore experience I guess I will have to do some asking on that concept. I am just not seeing the levels that I saw in EA live compared to here and we have more places to explore here.

I don't think the jobs are the issue here, players have been forced to lvl by jobbing because the can't sustain combat grinding or mining long enough to gain lvls. some of the mobs are just right for lvling on but not many, and too many are way overpowered for thier lvl. for example a lvl 25 amber titan doing 640 damage hits every 2-3 shots, this is the just one example, i agree that mobs in the past st's (not OL), were easier and many were too easy. Making them harder to kill AND higher powered AND linked with mad agro has made combat grinding not only not worth the time but in many cases not even doable, from what i've witnessed so far in live is the terrens are the only class that can grind combat lvls and even then not efficiently due to having to kite the mobs and return later for the loot. Some of this also relates to the building of high quality gear also being difficult, so players are not able to properly equip themselves to do battle with mobs that appear to be overequipped  with uber gear. many of the missions are great and i have done alot of them on my tt, and will look into the progen ones for my pw, but the gameplay is supposed to be geared towards grinding (mining or combat or trade runs) not jobbing. as for the powerleveling concerns i think the xp for mob kills (solo) is fine as is if you could kill them efficiently, that is to say that it shouldn't cost me 2 times more in ammo then i recieve in rewards (credits/loot).

if we are looking for ballance here the mobs need to be toned down abit (not fully nerfed) and the loot tables need to be boosted in level, quality, and quantity (especially organics/body parts). also the low and mid lvl ore fields need to have the mobs (guardians) lowered in lvl and number so an appropriately leveled miner can mine without getting overwhelmed by mobs 20 cl's higher (i've seen lvl30 guardians in lvl 2-3 ore fields and 43's in lvl 5 ore fields) ( and no guardians in lvl 7-9 ore fiellds).

If players could grind they would grind, and would do missions also as a break from grinding, as it is now the only time you can grind is after you are overleveled to kill a mobgroup that has a drop you want or need, or to mine without needing a group of warriors for protection. and the only feesable way to get there is jobbing.

also another thing that would help slow down the jobbing is the advance of the storyline, the addition of terdosengal gate opening or malestroms and the discovery (not invasion) of the vrix. these add a multitude of content, missions and items to the game

Edited by STRETTCH
  • Upvote 1

I agree that CL grinding needs a small boost, my previous post on the PL was just an explaination on what could happen if grouping mechanics are thrown wide open like first month of old live (tm) was. And I think the mobs with disperant hits and shields and hulls etv. thats making it hard to solo/grind also needs tweeks, I believe those are all first attempts at mob varience thats to make players alter their standard patent combat rigout, it's to encourage folks to seek resists and damage toss out changes, mobs are weak to something and resist something now, so plasma/explosive combo isnt always the way to go etc. So that too may need some tweek, the mobs resists are to high and hull etc. (I know for a fact the old live (tm) body snatch type mobs had huge hulls and small shields with a hull patch skill....they still have a "normal" hull and are easy to kill vs. other type mobs, and like you say the amber titans have a larger dps/vs loot thing going on)

I wonder if a small boost to base xp for CL and leaving the grouping dynamics in place would get what seems to be needed, this would let the solo grinder that takes the risks inherant to those dangerous mobs and xp debt get a viable xp gain. and a group as well, without the PL problem.

Say a 1.5 increase to base xp gain per mob, and lowering the xp gain window a bit lower like .2 or .3? So in effect a soloer killing at level would get 1.5k xp rather than 1k. a lvl higher mob would get rather than 1.2k say 1.6k etc. and the window dropped, so a mob on the edge of xp gain would be a tad lower, so a CL 20 could still kill CL10 and get a tad (all though admitted small) amount of xp, that would let them grind a little longer on mobs they can handle without seeking new hunting grounds, and also get the resultant drops to trade to boost trade bar/ credits.

I think that would be a admitted  fast and cheap fix, but it would stop potential group dynamics breakage while tweeking. The group would still get higher CL rates base xp gain, but since there was that 1.5 boost there would be a larger pool to split from as well and then factor the group bonus in they would feel the love as well.

Thats just a rough guestimate but would that bring it to par with terminals? Could a warrior kill enough mobs, in the same time frame a job takes to do, and gain a like amount of xp is basicly what your going for...so mob X takes a warrior to kill in time frame N say 5 times = the same xp a satellite drop does? Now times that by 6.

I.E. A average fighter should gain a average amount of xp from killing say 20ish mobs in the same time frame it takes a job terminal grab n' go. Does the average fighter get the like amount of average xp in the same time frame? If not then xp needs tweeking. Then the reward for taking the incapacity and xp debt risk is: they should come a tad ahead on the loot trade ins and recipes.

• Upvote 2

This does have me a bit confused, the xp system for combat doesn't seem right, a cl 26 player kills a lvl 27 mob he gets 1200 xp, but if he groups with 1 other player he only gets 840 xp (600 + 240 group bonus). How does this promote grouping? the only real reason to group up is that the mobs are harder to solo unless you can manage to separate them and get them in a 1 on 1. i understand the split of xp over the number of group members but shouldn't the bonus at least make it equall to a solo kill?

I think there's a way to get a little more CXP out of a group without there being the ablity to powerlevel.  If you are grouped with another player whose CL is higher than yours, but your CL difference is 5 levels of less, then you should get the CXP you would normally get provided you contributed to the kill. (did damage, hit the mob with a debuff, or hit the mob with a skill that either debuffs the mob or does damage)   If your difference is beyond 5 CL then you get reduced XP.  That number of 5 CL could be changed a little if necessary, but it would make it impossible for a CL50 to just kill a bunch of CL45s while CL10s get boatloads of Combat XP while contributing nothing.

This does have me a bit confused, the xp system for combat doesn't seem right, a cl 26 player kills a lvl 27 mob he gets 1200 xp, but if he groups with 1 other player he only gets 840 xp (600 + 240 group bonus). How does this promote grouping? the only real reason to group up is that the mobs are harder to solo unless you can manage to separate them and get them in a 1 on 1. i understand the split of xp over the number of group members but shouldn't the bonus at least make it equall to a solo kill?

your getting more than half the xp and should be killing twice as fast so you should level faster

• Downvote 1

From my standpoint, this is a frustration as well. I wrote a massive mid to high level content themepark in progen space for the live push, and plugged it again on the last content note patch, and havent seen many doing it. When I tested those missions I dinged six times, came out with over 2 million in credits, and six new items I couldnt get anywhere else. It did take me a whole two or three days to do it playing casual, but it beat sitting at a job terminal.

Its not that its anything fantastic or crazy whoa out there, but its a viable alternative to jobs that grants a decent amount of XP, credits, and new items as you dig deeper into it.

However, because of efficiency and min/max mentality and the "tried and true" of leveling a JE to wormhole the rest of the alts around and just jobbing to 150, not a single person has done enough of the new missions for even a single one of the new items to be owned by any player. No one has even seen the items. (checked the IDs earlier, and none of them are owned by any player avatar)

Id be all for a severe nerfing of the job system, I think its needed it for a very long time. However I also know we have bigger fish to fry right now, like getting the server stable and the midnight DNS issue resolved. I can bring this up at the next meeting, but I couldnt give you a timeframe or anything like that, but yes ongoing balance needs to be addressed.

There is great disturbance here...

First of all, excuse me I will call content missions as Quests, and jobs as missions...

Question here: Why Job terminals are popular?

Answer is really easy. Because of RISK-HASSLE vs REWARD system.

Most content quests either very low in XP based rewards or Money... Most of old quests (present company excluded) are often "Find X, bring to me, carry it to 10 sector away and come back, oh no, you bring wrong thing, go 10 sectors back and redo" types.... (Take Scout newbie quests, XP rewarded is basically NOTHING completing starting quests compared to established classes)

Most of modern MMO's fixed this problem by writing small, fast to do quests via NPC's on every corner so that player thinks it is worth their TIME rather than doing missions. No need to spawn a mob, just point to already known spawn point, clear text so when I look at journal I would remember quest indeed...

Another thing that hits "I MUST LEVEL FAST" trigger is current system that basically "Rewards" higher level players compared to mid levels...

Let me explain:

- It's a good thing that higher level crafters have better results, but that triggers must level fast trigger. Because except ammo & components, everything comes below 200% always... Also factional crafting? Jobs offer factions if you do in good amount)

- Job terminals offer Factions I said above.. How many quests do we have that we can gain factions in  good amounts? May be there should be more repeatable factional quests... (which is already available in game mechanics ala Chavez) , but not only kill X of Y mob, there should be more repeatable (mining, passenger transfering, good trading etc.) type of repeatable quests.

- Theme parks such as Neptune should really be tied to other quests... Like once you finish L30 quest, after finalizing quest, it should add another quest to go there and check at least (not forfeitable until checked, then forfeitable if not accepting it) thus promoting new quests. NET7 channel announces really not a solution here :)

- Due to "overdose" of linking mobs alturism / curiosity / gangbang factors, good chance to get a mob one-on-one is combat jobs, since those mobs does not reward much in loot, at least compensation is XP & faction...

That brings the question:

Why my Enforcer does jobs?

- Because I have no other way of gaining exploration XP (Unless you change dismantle/analyze XP being 10000% better --- yes, joining mining groups to divide their exploration xp more is not really a solution there), so NERFING it just would just make this part intolarable...

- All of equipment drops from much much higher level mobs. Like CL6 stuff drops from L40's.. which are almost equivalent of L8), so I want to level fast to get some equipment for analyze at least...  (which I will know I won't be getting 200% results also even I don't fail to analyze it)

- I'm frustrated with overloaded aggro gangs of mobs with overloaded crowded, non-stop spawning areas for my level such as VG, Carpenter LaGrande's etc. etc. (too many examples), believe me, "Why not play single player if you are in MMO, you should group" argument is so ancient, it is left in Everquest days... I play MMO's & E&B in that context for people "interaction", and interaction does not equal to me as "combat grouping / loot wars / dramas"

---

So answers are here:

- Make Quest rewards on XP / Faction wise much better than what it is...

- No need for grand theme parks. Place repetable quest NPC's for every faction and every XP type, (including texts / locations can be randomised, not to make some mobs extinct with overlad demand) make suprises (such as rewarding loot items like 5%), in other words, instead of job terminals, make people interact with NPCs, which are more friendly & humane...  

- Give every level crafter a chance to get to 200% at its level, lower levels lower chance, but a chance non-the-less... No forcing for faster trade leveling...

- Reduce faction requirements for theme parks... You know faction gaining means often "stand in a spawn point, kill thousands of oppsite faction", just add repeatable factional quests for people WHO want to go darkside or come back clean for the faction

- Make exploration is a little bit more fun, spawn mission NPC's randomly in space time to time (ala Santa) not static but not unlimited (for god's sake, there are more than 3000 nav points here!)  or suprise boss mobs rather than static / camped point.

Edited by SiSL
  • Upvote 2

There is great disturbance here...

First of all, excuse me I will call content missions as Quests, and jobs as missions...

Question here: Why Job terminals are popular?

Answer is really easy. Because of RISK-HASSLE vs REWARD system.

Most content quests either very low in XP based rewards or Money... Most of old quests (present company excluded) are often "Find X, bring to me, carry it to 10 sector away and come back, oh no, you bring wrong thing, go 10 sectors back and redo" types.... (Take Scout newbie quests, XP rewarded is basically NOTHING completing starting quests compared to established classes)

Most of modern MMO's fixed this problem by writing small, fast to do quests via NPC's on every corner so that player thinks it is worth their TIME rather than doing missions. No need to spawn a mob, just point to already known spawn point, clear text so when I look at journal I would remember quest indeed...

Another thing that hits "I MUST LEVEL FAST" trigger is current system that basically "Rewards" higher level players compared to mid levels...

Let me explain:

- It's a good thing that higher level crafters have better results, but that triggers must level fast trigger. Because except ammo & components, everything comes below 200% always... Also factional crafting? Jobs offer factions if you do in good amount)

- Job terminals offer Factions I said above.. How many quests do we have that we can gain factions in  good amounts? May be there should be more repeatable factional quests... (which is already available in game mechanics ala Chavez) , but not only kill X of Y mob, there should be more repeatable (mining, passenger transfering, good trading etc.) type of repeatable quests.

- Theme parks such as Neptune should really be tied to other quests... Like once you finish L30 quest, after finalizing quest, it should add another quest to go there and check at least (not forfeitable until checked, then forfeitable if not accepting it) thus promoting new quests. NET7 channel announces really not a solution here :)

- Due to "overdose" of linking mobs alturism / curiosity / gangbang factors, good chance to get a mob one-on-one is combat jobs, since those mobs does not reward much in loot, at least compensation is XP & faction...

That brings the question:

Why my Enforcer does jobs?

- Because I have no other way of gaining exploration XP (Unless you change dismantle/analyze XP being 10000% better --- yes, joining mining groups to divide their exploration xp more is not really a solution there), so NERFING it just would just make this part intolarable...

- All of equipment drops from much much higher level mobs. Like CL6 stuff drops from L40's.. which are almost equivalent of L8), so I want to level fast to get some equipment for analyze at least...  (which I will know I won't be getting 200% results also even I don't fail to analyze it)

- I'm frustrated with overloaded aggro gangs of mobs with overloaded crowded, non-stop spawning areas for my level such as VG, Carpenter LaGrande's etc. etc. (too many examples), believe me, "Why not play single player if you are in MMO, you should group" argument is so ancient, it is left in Everquest days... I play MMO's & E&B in that context for people "interaction", and interaction does not equal to me as "combat grouping / loot wars / dramas"

---

So answers are here:

- Make Quest rewards on XP / Faction wise much better than what it is...

- No need for grand theme parks. Place repetable quest NPC's for every faction and every XP type, (including texts / locations can be randomised, not to make some mobs extinct with overlad demand) make suprises (such as rewarding loot items like 5%), in other words, instead of job terminals, make people interact with NPCs, which are more friendly & humane...  

- Give every level crafter a chance to get to 200% at its level, lower levels lower chance, but a chance non-the-less... No forcing for faster trade leveling...

- Reduce faction requirements for theme parks... You know faction gaining means often "stand in a spawn point, kill thousands of oppsite faction", just add repeatable factional quests for people WHO want to go darkside or come back clean for the faction

- Make exploration is a little bit more fun, spawn mission NPC's randomly in space time to time (ala Santa) not static but not unlimited (for god's sake, there are more than 3000 nav points here!)  or suprise boss mobs rather than static / camped point.

First: "Most content quests either very low in XP based rewards or Money" is an incorrect statement fueled by your point of view. The content xp is not too low, the job experience was supernaturally boosted and left alone until you perceive it as being correct. There's a fundamental difference.

Second: I see an awful lot of talk about the nerf bat after my last post. Further proving the point that there's a mentality out there who thinks we try to figure out new and inventive ways of pissing in your cheerios. The language I used:

[quote name='Kyp']

"That being said, when i am this XP will receive an adjustment to bring it inline with the other playstyles;"

[/quote]

It was intentionally ambiguous because I wasn't indicating a nerf necessarily, just that once I was satisfied it would all be brought inline (whatever that line happens to be). If that means a nerf to some, it means a nerf. If it means the opposite it does. It is generally my interest in starting with an annoying/superhard system and releasing the grip slowly because this tends to not have players think the nerf bat is being swung. However, all that being said if its in the best interest of this game, then I am Babe Ruth reborn.

Now, let me look at your answer:

1) Correction, bring them inline with other experience types. This can be either up or down. It will NOT universally be up, because we are bound by more than what's fun and what isn't or what you like or don't like. This is something you guys fail to take into account each time you make posts like these. For example CL66 is the highest level mob there can be, therefore allowing you for example a buff from a device that gives you a shield equivalent to theirs would be unfair and game-breaking... although 'fun' by some people's definitions.

2) Theme Park is a generic name used in the design industry for groups of related amusements (quests, games, etc). I just wonder how they arrived upon that name... oh wait! This one fundamentally seems to contradict itself. "There's no need for grand theme parks, but a lot of new npc content would be cool."

3) Just because they are not yet tied to something, doesn't mean they won't be. In some cases I have limited the CDevs approaches because certain things should be mentioned thus far in 'The Story™'

4) You have this chance now. As for 'forcing for faster trade leveling' I'm not sure I follow this wording, what do you mean?

5) If factions required only a chain of 5 quests to switch, they would be infinitely less desirable and certainly not the status symbol they are now. While I can agree some more inventive things can be done for it to reduce the need to 'grind', it will never be dumbed down like this. With that, it will greatly depend on the themepark and what it offers. To make it more easily available we may have to scale back more loot availability to keep it in balance.

6) This one is quite possibly the best of your suggestions, but Santa is currently not on a system as such, he is hard coded with the behaviors he has. This means some design time so we can make such things available to the CDevs.

Hey Kyp,

In regards to #4 in your post I believe he is talking about building. He is saying you have to get your trade up fast, if you plan on building items for yourself you need higher trade levels so you can actually have a chance at getting 200% or close. For example, my JE has lvl5 build reactors but cannot make a lvl5 reactor even close to 200% even with high faction at the build station, in fact when I checked it with 100% parts the result said 137%. But if you get  to build lvl6/7 that percentage woulkd be higher. The same goes for analyzing.

I also noticed on my TE when analyzing lvl5 weps with lvl5 build skill my percentage chance did not change, from station to station, I still had the same 46% chance with a 100% qual weap at F7 with 1100 positive faction as I did at OMP with 11,000 positive faction.

• Upvote 1

1) Correction, bring them inline with other experience types. This can be either up or down. It will NOT universally be up, because we are bound by more than what's fun and what isn't or what you like or don't like. This is something you guys fail to take into account each time you make posts like these. For example CL66 is the highest level mob there can be, therefore allowing you for example a buff from a device that gives you a shield equivalent to theirs would be unfair and game-breaking... although 'fun' by some people's definitions.

2) Theme Park is a generic name used in the design industry for groups of related amusements (quests, games, etc). I just wonder how they arrived upon that name... oh wait! This one fundamentally seems to contradict itself. "There's no need for grand theme parks, but a lot of new npc content would be cool."

3) Just because they are not yet tied to something, doesn't mean they won't be. In some cases I have limited the CDevs approaches because certain things should be mentioned thus far in 'The Story™'

4) You have this chance now. As for 'forcing for faster trade leveling' I'm not sure I follow this wording, what do you mean?

5) If factions required only a chain of 5 quests to switch, they would be infinitely less desirable and certainly not the status symbol they are now. While I can agree some more inventive things can be done for it to reduce the need to 'grind', it will never be dumbed down like this. With that, it will greatly depend on the themepark and what it offers. To make it more easily available we may have to scale back more loot availability to keep it in balance.

6) This one is quite possibly the best of your suggestions, but Santa is currently not on a system as such, he is hard coded with the behaviors he has. This means some design time so we can make such things available to the CDevs.

Let me restate my answers to clear it abit:

1.) I never mentioned about "rewards" as in means of equipment... I meant for XP (Combat, Explore or Trade XP) & Faction point rewards, not equipment... So please I'm not asking you L66 mob shield device as reward...  About 6 to 7 sectors run, killing may be tens of mobs and you get XP reward like killing 3-4  NPC kills of your CL level or doing 1-2 times of old fashioned trade route, that's what I meant... Grind & jobs gives better results on XP wise than quest XP. I could not think of a better way to reduce people's addiction to job terminals and move towards content, rather than nerf-bat of any kind... It's for people to go for content consuming rather than waiting server response of job lists. Such as repetable quests within static content (spawn points)

2.) By theme parks, I just quoted some content devs naming to Tzu's line, Neptune or Aggripa which I meant by "series of quests leading to one bigger finish". But what I meant was not long series but randomizable NPC based small quests and repeatables (which does not need to be strictly story line related even to make it easier)...

3.)  ---

4.) Rossdie above this post, explained this one in detail better than me (sorry, English not native language here)

5.) You are right, but "joy-kill grinding" is not "status symbol" really... Currently we are doing jobs, may be after 100 jobs of same faction (most likely 600 job runs, considering number of factions random there)  (which might be quite LOOONG time) but I believe a faction "can trust you better" than that, if you made over 100 jobs for them. I was thinking like Chavez line, 100 faction per job... Oh and btw, you can go way below than -10K and above than +10K on factions (even you said there is a limit about that in game-chat) , a bug may be?

6.) Suprise is a suprise...

And Merry Christmas :)

Edited by SiSL

I'll just pop in here about #4 and bring up one thing:

Sure, if your goal is to build your own at-level items at 200% you would need a higher TL.  But as was mentioned in the casual building thread, why do you NEED a 200% lvl 5 reactor that you built yourself?  If (and this is if) you're playing solo (which it sounds like in this instance) then you necessarily have to lose some ability or advantage.  You CAN still make the engine you want, but at a lesser percent.  If you want that same engine at 200%, I would assume you would either need to:

A)buy it from someone else or B- buy ores to make comps (or buy PM comps) to make a higher quality reactor.  However, those require interaction with the community, so it grants a better outcome.  It is about trade off - you want to do it yourself, you'll need to concentrate on your Tl and so on.  If you don't mind, you can have a lower TL and work with others to get what you want.

Consider: A warrior type is usually short on power when going all out on combat (especially true for PW/TE), they have to pause a bit between each kill for either their reactor or shields to fill back up, their "kill efficiency" is hampered thus by down time between kills. Add a JS or JE and thier reactor can be buffed, thereby increasing power generation, less wait time between kills, they are more "kill efficent".

So a warrior kills X mobs in N time frame without group, but grouped he kills X*2 in that time frame. Sure he gets only 600 per kill grouped, were he was getting 1200 before solo, but because of the JS/JE he is killing twice as many per time, remember THEY are shooting as well, they may not out dps the warrior, but between you both and the buffs/debuffs the other group memember offers, you will more than  2x your net outputs. ( yes, I know he may not actually kill twice as fast, but I'm going for round figures here..he IS killing faster with another member in his group, however maybe even faster than 2x with the right groupie.)

So 600 xp becomes 600x2=1200 he is back up to that 1200 he was getting solo and then add the bonus each kill for group..so 240x2=480. With 1 other member you are getting 1,680 xp in the same time frame as before doing solo got you 1,200. You find 1,680xp bad trade for 1,200xp?

And don't forget...it's not just you getting that 1,680 its your fellow group member as well, thats a net gain of 3,360 xp.

So add a third member...yeh thats splitting it 3 ways..but the group bonus is more..and with the 3rd guy you are even MORE efficent.

And don't neglect those passive buffs in the upper right combat screen....they enhance your effiecency in some way as well, as well as loot credits etc.

No, just because you only see 840 combat xp scroll instead of 1,200 don't mean thats the whole story, seeing 840 twice as often IS more than 1,200...do the math.

Edited by Mattsacre
  • Upvote 1