Multiboxing possible on one computer?

Hello all!

This might be a bit aquard, still id like to know how (if even possible) to run two instances of EnB on the same computer.

I do (by all means) have the power to do it, but if i start the game from two different installations, i only get one to acctually start. The second one has some port problems, and cant open the right ports to start. :)

My setup: Core I7 3GHz w/ 12Gb ram, 2 * radeon 4870, 3 * 24" monitors attached running Ultimate Win7 x64.

So, to all out there, if it works. How can i do it?? :mellow:

PS. If this is "illegal" in anyway, just toss this post away! :P

Regards

/Zaxxon

In theory, any of the virtual machine tools would allow you to do this (VirtualBox, VirtualPC, VMWare). Each one probably has a lot of technical intricacies with respect to setting up the networking environment such that the Net7Proxy will behave properly. The real problem lies in the allocation of system resources to the downstream guest environments. (Not to mention the legality of running an improperly licensed copy of Windows in the guest environment.)

I think he means legality of running 2+ accounts on the server. MS has their own version of virtual windows that they distribute for free.

Sure, EnB will run two clients on one computer, but N7 wont. If we could configure the EnB client to connect and run with this server than it would work, but no one has found a way to run two process instances of N7. Would be nice if they could fix that ya know. Otherwise use a virtual machine. Other option in theory (don't think anyone has tried) is to run multiple instances of Wine on Linux.

actually... and I dont have documentation on this... I do not think its illegal to run to copies of windows on the same computer... here is my rational... when I installed virtual box, you have to do a from scratch install of your OS... so I installed winxp... registered and did all the updated and microsoft did all their are is this legal checks and I passed them all...

so long as it is the same pc (meaning the same user) I think you can install as much as you want... ms license complaints usually surround multiple systems where multiple users can benefit from the software all at the same time... but again... I didnt go read the tos...

Thanx for the responses, Daywolf is right tho. Im more into thinkin the devs would allow us to run two EnB account on the same machine.

Im a IT dev myself so MS licenses aint a problem.

If the is a way to change Net7 connection port from a span like 10 ports ill be able to acctualy run 2+ instances of Net7.

And Yes, VMWare works fine, but since VMWare dont have any hardware accelerated GFX, the FPS is kinda.. well.. low tbh =)

If any dev reads this: Would it be hard to setup a span of ports to use when connecting?

Regards

/Zaxxon

Oh as for multiple accounts, I believe the suggested limit was three. If you do get that working, PLEASE don't make them all identical looking lol It's just weird to walk into a starport and see three fembot clones standing all in a line at the manufacturing terminal :)

If any dev reads this: Would it be hard to setup a span of ports to use when connecting?
get net2proxy sources, change the global variables to per-connection variables, recompile and run as many clients from one pc as you want ;-)

get net2proxy sources, change the global variables to per-connection variables, recompile and run as many clients from one pc as you want ;-)

Sure, would be no problem, but i doubt they gonna put up the code on the site, atleast now.

I found a easier way tho!

Im using netsh to do som changes instead. I just made a virtual adapter (VMw based) and changed the interface metric of the "card" so Net7 uses that NIC instead of the default NIC of the computer (which the first instance of Net7 is using)

That way, i use my own NIC as proxy to i-net instead of trying to open the same port from two diff applications, which is a fail if they use SSL.

/Zaxxon