Pop a rocks

Shadinax2

Not my suggestion, but posting for a friend.

We have so many "cherry pickers" that will mine the high lvl or desired minerals/items from a roid/hulk and leave the rest. There's already a small incentive to clean out the roids by granted a small explore xp bonus. But how about a chance for a penalty? The suggestion is this: if a roid is not cleaned out, it gives a 10% chance that the next roid that is initiated for prospecting turns into a "popper." This % chance goes up for each time the roid is not cleared, with a timer at say, 30 seconds to refresh.

Eventually, cherry picking would lead to a 100% chance of popping an effect or monster, equal in combat to the protagonist's explore lvl.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It would probably be easier to change it so that you only get xp for clearing a roid/hulk. This way if you dont clear it you dont get any xp.

I was told a while ago that cherry picked roids/hulks de-spawn after a while, I've not seen this happen but maybe the timer needs a tweak on that.

/agree

I define cherry picking as not clearing the entire, individual roid, and for that there should be a penalty, espedially on hulks. Pull it all. Leave the debris floating, or pull and space it, but not clearing it is too selfish, it does not let the roid respawn for others.

As for those who go into a field and clear some roids and not others, that is perfectly fine with me. As we all know there are no truly level 9 fields. It is a level 8 field with a few L9's thrown in, so I go in and get the ore I need, crunch the rock, pop the hulk and move on. And that does not hurt the field, as I have done that and returned 30 minutes later and there are L9's there again.

As for poprocks, man I love 'em, I do them first cause sometimes you get the stuff ;)

[quote name='GenghisBob' timestamp='1355023552' post='68490']
There is no such thing as cherry picking in this game. The game mechanics are working as in live except for the clear bonus.
[/quote]

To me cherry picking is not clearing a roid/hulk of stuff.
As for the mechanics back on live picked roids and hulks would despawn after 5-10 mins of being opened so something else could spawn in its place. This way their wouldn't just be the junk left behind. As I put before I have seen picked hulks that have not despawned in over 30 mins (rough time it takes for my hulk run). This is the reason I suggested a timer tweak.

getting no xp probably wouldn't solve the cherrypicking. I'm assuming people cherrypick for the ores they need for comps etc. They will probably pull them if they need them, even if they don't get xp. I imagine those mining for xp will clear the roid, and clear the field if possible for max xp.

[quote name='Syberfly' timestamp='1355025046' post='68503']
Tweaking would be nice, I clear what others leave behind.
[/quote]

Yup, many a time I come across a hulk field with only debris there. I clear it and let it respawn, good for all involved.

I've witnessed several times fields respawning where items were cherry picked. There were times that I was mid-pulling an item and the entire field respawned. Unless this is a bug, my experience is all fields have an expiration date whether they get mined or not. Most fields are over-farmed to start so unless you catch it within a minute of the spawn, the items are already looted.