That's it folks

Well I finally went over the edge of frustration with the EMU today. I realized that I was having zero fun and wasn't looking forward to leveling my toons or doing anything in game at all. Heading back to GW2 and Torchlight2.

note: Might check back in on the EMU in a few months, to see if some of the bugs have been fixed and if any adjustments to trade, mobs, new EMU gear, and manufacturing have been made. If not then its been a fun 5 years folks. A big shout out to all the hard work and time that the Devs and testers/players have put in.
  • Upvote 1

it will be 2am. You wont be able to sleep... off in the distance you will softly hear EMU .... "come play with me, come plaaaaaaay with me, ....I miss you, come play".... you wont be able to take it... you RUN to your compy .. whew! .. what was i thinking ..Im so sorry EMU .. I'm here, I'm here
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

[quote name='Crichton' timestamp='1354826832' post='68195']
Well I finally went over the edge of frustration with the EMU today. I realized that I was having zero fun and wasn't looking forward to leveling my toons or doing anything in game at all. Heading back to GW2 and Torchlight2.

note: Might check back in on the EMU in a few months, to see if some of the bugs have been fixed and if any adjustments to trade, mobs, new EMU gear, and manufacturing have been made. If not then its been a fun 5 years folks. A big shout out to all the hard work and time that the Devs and testers/players have put in.
[/quote]I agree completly the fun is gone. In the attempt to make the game more challanging it is now no fun and all challange. Like you I will be absently monitoring the progress and missing the game I once loved.
  • Upvote 3

"Live" doesn't mean without changes.
If there's something that could be modified/tweeked, post your concerns in a constructive manner.

There are two on going threads going about manufacturing and healer aggro.

I know my guild is working to defeat this new challenge, how about yours?

If your trying to multibox still with 3-4-5 chars , ask yourself, were you able to that back in the EA days?
If so how much did it cost per month was it worth it to play alone?
Sure it is easy to take some time away, and come back to see if they made it easier for you and everyone else.
I plan to stay right here to adapt to the challenges and to help change them with the correct Fun to difficulty balance.

I personally know of new NEVER before seen mission and items (some new raid items) that are in OR will soon be in.
I don't know about you but i plan to be here when they are introduced.

I am having a hell of a good time negotiating item prices with the economy we have now. (Thank you Trapperjohn).
Believe it or not negotiation is a new heart pounding part of the game thats not been here since EA.

We/I will miss anyone leaving for a while, It'll be a few less people to play and haggle with. :(

edit: Didn't care for format from phone. (line spacing)
  • Upvote 2

This is a real shame. Like i said in another post, Devs always seem to listen to the hardcore players that live on the boards. Funny thing is those same players probably don't even play anymore. They always move on to the next new shiny game. All it does is prove that they don't speak for the community. I saw this coming once we went live. As for me i'll be staying. I love the game to much to give it up. And the devs.here have done something amazing by bringing this game back. So i'm going to be like the Borg and adapt.

Maybe from time to time the devs should discuss both of the things that Phorlaug mentioned in either General chat in game, they would probably get a litte more input than they do here. Me while I do have 2 accounts, I don't multibox in combat. I do sometimes log in more than one toon, but often it's a toon helping another toon build something or get somewhere.

Maybe have an occasional "ask the devs" thing that goes on in game, on general chat. There was something like that during early ST3. That type of thing couldn't hurt and it would get the opinions of players that aren't that into using the forums or teamspeak.
  • Upvote 1

At first I thought "oh well screw this BS it isn't like what I played before" but then I realised that different doesn't mean worse. If the game never changed at all or evolved in any way then what would be the point? As a human being I fear change.. but I learn, and adapt. In turn I feel better for it. The game is hard now I agree.. but I am very proud of the things I have accomplished in light of this!
  • Upvote 2