Player made Ammo

wmtyrance

Is it really that much better than what a vendor has? If you can't make ammo it can be a pain asking someone to make it for you all the time. And what would you tip if someone makes say 30 stacks for you? I know some weapons and ammo vendors don't carry and you have to do this but what about the others.

It's 30% more damage, well worth any extra trouble for sure (unless you are bottomfeeding of course).
I have made L5-6 ammo for a few people asking for it, but considering mfg cost is like 500 credits for those I couldn't care less if I got tipped or not. One guy did "tip" me a few looted reactors to analyze, so being nice does pay off ;)

PM ammo is welll worth the effort , some higher ammo requires Pm parts so ammo can get a little taxing but well worth it in the long run ..also something thats new to earth an beyond is non 200% pm ammo :( from the ogun ammo i have been making/using a 195% stack is only 1 damage loss biggest issue is with space it wont stack with the 200% so some times trying to consolidate stacks is a pain ..

[quote name='Castagere' timestamp='1354810668' post='68191']
What about lvl2 crossbow ammo? What should I have to tip for that. For say 30 or 40 stacks. Also did you really call players that use vendor stuff bottom feeders?
[/quote]

I dont think he was referring ot the player as a bottom feeder but to what he was doing.

If you are going to farm mobs a lot lower than you, why use the best ammo you can get? That would be a waste. If you are killing mobs looking for a drop and they really cant hurt you at all and you get little to no combat xp from them, that to me, is bottom feeding. Vendor ammo will do just fine. Edited by Hobbs

[quote name='Grips' timestamp='1354812040' post='68192']
PM ammo is welll worth the effort , some higher ammo requires Pm parts so ammo can get a little taxing but well worth it in the long run ..also something thats new to earth an beyond is non 200% pm ammo :( from the ogun ammo i have been making/using a 195% stack is only 1 damage loss biggest issue is with space it wont stack with the 200% so some times trying to consolidate stacks is a pain ..
[/quote]

This is a bug which is being looked at.

[quote name='Grips' timestamp='1354812040' post='68192']
also something thats new to earth an beyond is non 200% pm ammo :( from the ogun ammo i have been making/using a 195% stack is only 1 damage loss biggest issue is with space it wont stack with the 200% so some times trying to consolidate stacks is a pain ..
[/quote]

I am glad this is being looked into, it is bad enough it you have 200% ammo from two differnt builders not stacking, but differnt percentages not stacking? :blink:

[quote name='Hobbs' timestamp='1354837012' post='68206']
I dont think he was referring ot the player as a bottom feeder but to what he was doing.

If you are going to farm mobs a lot lower than you, why use the best ammo you can get? That would be a waste. If you are killing mobs looking for a drop and they really cant hurt you at all and you get little to no combat xp from them, that to me, is bottom feeding. Vendor ammo will do just fine.
[/quote]

Exactly. For instance faction farming low level stuff when you run L9 guns, which use ammo that need pm comps. Stuff will die equally quick with vendor ammo, hence you can save those precious ores etc.

[quote name='Harros' timestamp='1354837192' post='68207']
This is a bug which is being looked at.
[/quote]

Confirm, all PM ammo is meant to be 200 percent, period. Not weapons or core gear/devices, but ammo and comps should always pop out 200. If they do not, please show us so it can be fixed.

[quote name='Stanig' timestamp='1354862960' post='68238']
Confirm, all PM ammo is meant to be 200 percent, period. Not weapons or core gear/devices, but ammo and comps should always pop out 200. If they do not, please show us so it can be fixed.
[/quote]

I can confirm that 1 per 10 or 20 stacks is made 195-198%, which is not a big deal, but it is weird =)
I've noticed it with L4 ammo for type B and L7 ammo for type A, I've got L9 build weapons. Never took screenshot, but I'm sure it is happening to other people because has been mentioned in conversations.

Could this be connected to the recent building bug that shows in the terminal that you are about to build an item, say a reactor, with a build range or 200% to 200% and a expected outcome of 200% and it pops out a reactor of less that that?

Just curious. <_<

[quote name='Zackman' timestamp='1354903090' post='68312']
There is always(!) a chance that the terminal pops out an item lower than it shows in the expectation line - rarely but possible ;)
[/quote]

Is there an equal chance of it coming out higher than expected? If not that chance should be removed.
  • Downvote 1

The vast majority that played in live used PM ammo 98% of the time....

TBH the only time most even considered it was like once close to sunset that I found the warder on arduinne up and my guild all flocked to OMP and bought ammo as making it would take too long that the damage type it was weak against they did not have premade.

The worst class TBH is the PS on ammo as they need some one to do it for them and be able to store it if they do not choose to just use vendor (and multiboxing here eliminates alot of the hardships as you can have an extra alt just for ammo storage).

All in all PM is better damage as it may not be a huge difference in damage but each shot adds up quickly (for ammo users).

[quote name='shadowxsx' timestamp='1354925381' post='68367']
The vast majority that played in live used PM ammo 98% of the time....

TBH the only time most even considered it was like once close to sunset that I found the warder on arduinne up and my guild all flocked to OMP and bought ammo as making it would take too long that the damage type it was weak against they did not have premade.

The worst class TBH is the PS on ammo as they need some one to do it for them and be able to store it if they do not choose to just use vendor (and multiboxing here eliminates alot of the hardships as you can have an extra alt just for ammo storage).

All in all PM is better damage as it may not be a huge difference in damage but each shot adds up quickly (for ammo users).
[/quote]

The Terran Scout is subject to the same problem that the Progen Sentinel is subject too. They also are ammo users, but like all explorers, cannot build ammo. The Sentinel did have MCP rewards that allowed them to make a few select types of ammo, perhaps the Terran Scout should get something similar, when the MCP comes along. I don't know if that ammo made by the threader devices was of PM quality, or not.

[quote name='Zackman' timestamp='1354903090' post='68312']
There is always(!) a chance that the terminal pops out an item lower than it shows in the expectation line - rarely but possible ;)
[/quote]

Lower than the expectation line? yes. Happens all the time for me.

Lower than the bottom of the RANGE? Should not, but still does for me (yes rarely) and never above the range.

The Range should hold, and not be a fiction to us, IMO

Hmm what day was that? Probably before your fix...someone will have to build a bunch and check again, but I had a bunch of the (now unstorable >.<) MCCXXI? form/comp the PP make for hull mesh laminates (and other gear). Since they are nonstorable now, comeing out at <200% makes them nonstackable and takes up way to much hold space, to forgo cargo for a while wilst doing the content isn't to bad if its just 1 stack, but lots of slots is a problem.

Also the Hull mesh laminate, thats definately a comp (the form may not follow under your comp rule), and it also was comeing under 200%, that also is the same problem for space restrictions but isnt AS bad since you can trad eout the laminates, BUT is also breakable and recraftable to try for 200%, the form isn't, those are use em or sell ems.

I had some other comps come less than 200% but I'm fairly sure they were prefix.

BTW..(yeh, yeh old live now live) it was possible to build just 100% ammo old live from PMed coomps and vendor comps, just not often, don't know if thats were your heading with it, if so, folks shouldn't get their panties in a knot if you are...it was that way before :)

[quote name='Mattsacre' timestamp='1355019903' post='68461']
BTW..(yeh, yeh old live now live) it was possible to build just 100% ammo old live from PMed coomps and vendor comps, just not often, don't know if thats were your heading with it, if so, folks shouldn't get their panties in a knot if you are...it was that way before :)
[/quote]
If I recall correctly, the old live all ammo came out 100%, but playermade ammo had the "Superior" prefix added to them and more damage than the vendor ammo. I like the EMU-version using quality better though.

That is correct Knix.
It was internally handled like 200% (33% more damage) which is the same here on EMU.

EMU is doing the same but showing 100% or 200%
[size=3][i](There is no other EMU-ammo after the " 196% ammo-bug" was fixed a few days ago)[/i][/size]

Now that you mention it, yeah, it had that "Superior" prefix, did not state 200% and had no name tag of the builder on it and you could mix and match builds from other builders.

Now it can be a bit of a pain waiting for partial stacks to be used up..... :huh:

[quote name='Hobbs' timestamp='1355316356' post='68846']
....and had no name tag of the builder on it and you could mix and match builds from other builders.
[/quote]

[img]http://81.169.166.206/smilies/kratz.gif[/img] valid point.....

Bringing it up at next dev meeting.

[quote name='Hobbs' timestamp='1355316356' post='68846']
Now that you mention it, yeah, it had that "Superior" prefix, did not state 200% and had no name tag of the builder on it and you could mix and match builds from other builders.

Now it can be a bit of a pain waiting for partial stacks to be used up..... :huh:
[/quote]

Thought so. didn't ever remember having partial stacks from diff builders taking up space.