Casual Building Dead ?

The quartermaster was in Venus.  Somewhat out of the way, I'd love to see his return, but perhaps he would be better in Saturn or Glenn.

Yes and not in the middle of a pack of mobs hostile to him and almost all players <_<

Its the little things, after all  :blink: 

I have been building for a while now and I have found the key, what I normally do is to dismantle and rebuild an item about 10 times or so and my % increases, so I grab the low level items and rebuild the life out of them, at build weapons level 3 I am now getting 145% on JD, and at build devices 5 I am getting 200% on level 1 - 3 devices. Haven't tried to rebuild a level 5 device yet so I will let you know how that goes.

And yes it is quiet expensive to rebuild items thank goodness for debris or I would be dead broke by now :)

Edited by FireRibs

Has the building below 200% bug been fixed? I was just building a level 6 device with a Expected/Range of 200% and it came out 196%.

Dont know but it happened to me yesterday, too.  I was building a L1 device and have L9 build skill, it came out 196%....   <_<

I have a lvl 4 Navigation Computer, as soon as server is up I will try to rebuild it and let you know what happens.

It's not something that has to do with build experience and not something that can be duplicated at will. This is a confirmed bug from a few weeks ago. I have my build skill maxed and build level 9 devices with vendor parts at 200% with no fluctuation in range. If I build 100 level 1 items and watch the percentages, 2-3 will come out at 196%. Edited by Harros

Thats WAI as they have stated, currently its PMed comps and ammo that should never be less than 200% and they have asked you to report that if it happens. You will ALWAYS have a fluke chance even if it says 200%-200% expected 200% on all other builds (weaps,shields,engines,reactors and devices and items) but the fluke chance is suppost to decrease with experience, just never going completely away. they have never confirmed if the fluke can go the other way however..a mystery crit so to speak.. 170%-195% and a crit 200% pop out. If iit isn't possible it would seem to be fair that it coould since it can go crit sour.

Thats WAI as they have stated, currently its PMed comps and ammo that should never be less than 200% and they have asked you to report that if it happens. You will ALWAYS have a fluke chance even if it says 200%-200% expected 200% on all other builds (weaps,shields,engines,reactors and devices and items) but the fluke chance is suppost to decrease with experience, just never going completely away. they have never confirmed if the fluke can go the other way however..a mystery crit so to speak.. 170%-195% and a crit 200% pop out. If iit isn't possible it would seem to be fair that it coould since it can go crit sour.

That's a pretty good idea, the mystrery crit in the good direction as well as the mystery anti-crit.

Whats the point of having the % then?  If there is a random effect that you will get a 200% item and one that you will get a 101% item why even have this system?

note:  I liked Live much better as the % actually gave you a pretty good idea of what you were going to get.  Not really a fan of the current setup.

You may misunderstand, the %range that is stated is almost always correct, you get the gear somewere in that range, with little experience its usually on the low end, with more experience more on the upper end. But they have added a "mystery fluke" effect that you can't account for, you can have skill L9 builds and lots of experience building that gear and a 199-200% expected outcome quote and say 1 in 50 its still going to fluke out with a 194% or something. They have said that that "mystery fluke" chance will decrease drasticly with lots of experience, but will never totally go away.

I'm not to crazy about "mystery fluke" myself, I'd much rather have it in ranged quoted, but seems to me if there is a "mystery fluke" that punishes you there should be a like" mystery fluke" that rewards you as well.

I'm not to crazy about "mystery fluke" myself, I'd much rather have it in ranged quoted, but seems to me if there is a "mystery fluke" that punishes you there should be a like" mystery fluke" that rewards you as well.

Unfortunately for experienced builders only the penalty will apply, assuming they make all their stuff at 199-200%. If it's to be balanced the "reward" needs to be something other than a higher % on the built item (not saying it should be balanced, but you know what I mean :P)

Unfortunately for experienced builders only the penalty will apply, assuming they make all their stuff at 199-200%. If it's to be balanced the "reward" needs to be something other than a higher % on the built item (not saying it should be balanced, but you know what I mean :P)

Well how about a mystery fluke discount, the terminal neglects to charge button cost on a crit + to balance out the crit -

Well, I just read most of this threat, just had to input my opinion.

I like builds the way they are, because it's difficult to get 200%. I've been a mechanic, technician, Marine, and a martial arts instructor. I didn't suddenly develop these skills, it came with experience. I didn't suddenly go "Oh, I want to be a Marine today" and then poof I was an elite fighting machine. Nope, took lots of training.

Sure, it kind of sucks getting used to having some non-perfect builds come out, but I'd rather be making crap myself than buy from a vendor.

The way i see it is this. We are at a point in the game where most of us are still developing our toons. Skills, credits, prints you name it.

I will be dying many times over in my quest to get better gear, better loot and participating in raids while figuring out how to beat them.

I just dont need 200% now...... It's not like we are all Kill stealing each other and that extra 3 points of damage will make or break me.... but thats just me.

Back to original topic after all these reads?

Ofcourse casual building is DEAD & BURRIED... Not "hardcore" or "fed by guild" builders will have much chance on marketing or selling department. It was dead in origins too if you want to hear that, just have a more shiny gravestone now... 

Reading all these answers here, not one remotely responds to that main question "Is casual building dead"

Everyday market channel is full of dramas of people on price tags or people making it only for button-click price; "bring your own components, guarenteed 200%, pay-for-click" etc. etc and other opposing blah blah blah...

In an enviroment if someone guarantees 200% ALL-THE-TIME, nobody will buy anything lower than that... Nobody would want to go any other builder that does not guarantee such thing...

No, in live, 200% was NEVER guaranteed all the time on L9, yes, percentage gets higher & higher but never 200% guaranteed. But then again, we had Quality DECAY in live... 

I see people's answers with rare recipes or people who mapped almost all recipes... Ofcourse system is good for them...

----

Responding the original question, trade has problem of "does it worth now" thing...

- Bring your own components, pay the button cost is not trade at all, it is a choice but not meant to be called 'trade' 

- Trade means profit, where is profit when your button costs twice, from refining - component building - final builts?

- Same old argument of "...but but you get 200% item" , oh yes, 200% item does not mean 200% better stats you know... It's just better stats, but considering time to build something from finding ores -> refine -> building components one by one -> finalizing build... you are better with 100% item to worth this time... you just don't realise it often... 

It just does not worth hassle, loosing millions of credits to build - rebuilt to get better on crafting if you are not mother of a large guild...

Me? I'm not building for anyone... Nor advertise... I do it for fun to my toons because then again, my toons won't complain to me just because it is not 200%

Edited by SiSL

Only PM thing Shea has at all so far is ammo, I am thinking of not bothering with any PM gear for her until she hits 150. And the funny part, I know I can still hit 150 without PM gear, even if others think they have to have PM from the start.

Ofcourse casual building is not dead.

I'm out there building whenever i got the time or i got Efi parked someplace while i play another toon. When i'm having fun with friends i don't do it. If you want to wait its fine with me. If you take it to some1 else i'm fine with that too.

I build for my guild and outside. Do i do it all the time? The answer is no. Have i invested in building 200%?  The answer is no.

You can expect to build 200% L7 items with max skill and just a few builds under your belt.

For 8s & 9s getting excellent % isn't automatic. So what? Yes i can build Zet MLs, Archos & Ghosts Edge beams. Do i get 200%. The answer is no.

Do i care? No.... The people that come to me don't care either.

I wont invest time and money specifically to get there. I state the button cost to all that come to me. I've built for very generous tips, i've built for tips, i've built for cost and  i've built for free.

Yes casual building isn't dead.