Additional mounts

crowey

i can remember fron live they were bringing in the ability to buy new mounts for ships after reaching a certain lvl i think this would be a good addition to the game for when you reach lvl 100 or so as to compensate for slow lvling when do combat at higher lvls imagine a je with 5 laser mounts takin on a progen with the same 5 mounts now that will be a harder fight in PvP or a TT that can shell out 5 mounts worth of 4 missiles to kill those damn v`rix mobbin slaggers

if this would be possible or you agree with me in any way please leave a reply and let me know what your thoughts on this are

for example you can buy an extra mount at lvl 100 for either weps or devices and another at 125 and again at 150

but the most you can buy is 3 and they will have to cost alot of game credits or one very long and hard mission to acquire

it could even be that you had to get a certain amount of rare components that cant be built only looted dependent on what type of mount you want either for weps or devs

another posability would be to be able to acquire and additional reactor slot through the same method as above as i have noticed the sheer power loss from firing 2 oguns at once my reactor drains damn fast

• 2 weeks later...

GRETA IDEA!!!

But why stop at 3 mounts???

I think it's much better that after the three weapon mounts, you get another mount per month, 1 reactor per 3 months, 1 shield per two months (with stackable cap and recharge!).

Ofcourse to counteract this every mob gets doubled per month to keep up with the required kills.

This idea is so good that I doubt a dev can't not add this.

No, no, no, no, no, no and no! When the Bogril zone was added with their raid the mobs were nothing but insane resistances and super high hit points that people got bored attacking them. I've actually heard people leaving the area to make more ammo because they ran out. It's stupid to think that people will want to waste 10 min attacking one mob in a raid.

Plus if a JE can eventually get 6 weapon mounts why play a JD at all. Aside from rally what makes a TE any different then a TT or a TS? (Okay TS can't build ammo but it can be easily bought)

I love the idea of extra mounts BUT.... Wont this unbalance ALL the classes in the game..

Only reason it was discussed on LIVE was that EnB needed a Creds sink hole. Too many ppl had TOOOOO many Credits, this was EA's way to reduce the amount of credits in the game.

It would also be unfair to the "poor" normal players in the game, with them not being able to afford extra mounts..

Nice idea, but I think not.

I think the JE might need one more weapon slot, at least. Two could be an option, too.

I played JE in LIVE and i was able to kill most stuff but only because I understand how to kite them and to use their weaknesses.

But on the other way, I needed 10 minutes for a mob a PW solo'ed in 30 secs without kiting.

I know EA didnt gave JE a 4th slot but only because they never changed anything to the game. All the content they added, was THERE in the game at release, created by WW.

If you dont believe, install a fresh EnB, then take the XCC Tools and look at the files. You will find any model, sounds everything up to their latest change they did in live.

EA never balanced the game in any kind, so why be so blind as they were ?

I don't think that we need to add mounts to any of the classes. 9 mounts total between weapons and devices for each class is fine by me, with the current mounts for reactor, shield, and engine. If we're going to add mounts to existing classes, then they should be mounts for some type of equipment that we didn't have earlier. Something that's not a weapon, device, shield, engine, or reactor.

i think it would be cool if we could buy extra weapon mounts but still only use the max number of weapons for our level and class... for example... take a L150 TT (that does not have shield charging :P)... lets say that TT has 4 weapon mounts all missles... now let them buy 2 more mounts that they can equip with whatever they want... but they can still only fire 4 weapons max at any time...

so this would give the ability to fire missles at range and then once in beam range switch weapons... but Fire All would still only fire a max of 4 weapons... this might even make the je a remotely viable class, as with extra mounts you can give them missles so they can start attacking at range and then go beams when mobs get close...

• Upvote 1

A hot swap of weapon layouts seems like an interesting concept but it makes PWs even more powerful. Imagine launching 6 EMP ML (massive shield damage) from range get close enough for chem PL ammo to tear through the hull. yeah that isn't overpowered at all.

Terrell, spit it out already......you want to say the D-word

this might even make the je a remotely viable class, as with extra mounts you can give them missles so they can start attacking at range and then go beams when mobs get close
The recent wave of jenpie whine threads is rubbing off on even you :P

Don't believe those crybabies about JE being useless etc.

Imagine launching 6 EMP ML (massive shield damage) from range get close enough for chem PL ammo to tear through the hull. yeah that isn't overpowered at all.
EMP damages shields but it really doesent match up to plasma. The only thing EMP has over anything is when you hit the hull, but then the mob is nearly dead anyway. Bad example :)

EMP will do it in burst damage, not DOT and does more damage to shields then explosive, also most mobs don't have EMP resistance. Coming in with missiles in the air launching while you get close depending on the ROF and ammo type that is one massive hit when they all come at once.

More weapon mounts are not needed. learning how to use what you have to the best of your ability and succeed make you a better player, not more guns/devices.

Moral of the story: Play a class with the amount of guns you wish to have to start with, then get good at playing them.

• Upvote 1