Game Crashes When Gating/(Un)Docking

There seems to be a reasonably large chance that after I gate/dock/undock the game gets stuck at the 'galaxy-map' and never loads into the new sector/station. Does this happen to anyone else? Is there anything I can do to help track this down? (happens w/ and w/o packet optimization) cheers.
Falcor

I would like to report that I to crash when entering or leaving a station , here are some Earth station, Ymir, Joves and also at some gates like akron's either end, just to name a few and like the post above me i do wait a few seconds. And have a nice Thanksgiving.

• 2 weeks later...
Happened to my JE today, going from Saturn to Akeron. It is not a crash, it is a hang at the gate (client display galactic map), and I had to kill and restart the client. After I restarted, I had like less than 1 sec (not enough to cloak) before the mobs at the gate killed me, so I took 3K EXP debt :-(

I believe this is a timing mismatch in the gate/undocking handshake. The server have received and processed the request to gate/undock, (because upon respawning, I am at tne new sector), but the server probably sent the ACK too soon, so the client is still waiting for an ACK from the server for it to load the new sector info (because it is busy displaying the animation of end-of-warp and gating). I know that we cannot change the client codes much, but I believe this can be fixed if the server codes that handle gating/undocking would just re-send the "new-sector-ACK" several times for, say, 2 secs until it receives a response from the client, and this should fix it.

my ping to the server is around 120ms from tracert, if that could help.

I know it is easier said than done :-) Edited by VincentTH

Same thing happens to me about 1 in 100 times too. When changing zones I get stuck on the galaxy map and have to kill the client and restart. Usually it is while gateing. A few times its been at the station but usually that seems to be when the server goes offline or just before it is offline.