Net-7 Launcher Error Message

Hey Guys, so i had an update on my launcher this morning.. i did the update, and after update i am getting an error message.

Error on checking server status
Details: Value Cannot be null
Parameter name: address

that is the error message and it says server is offline, i am currently on net-7 teamspeak if anybody available to walk me thru a fix

thank you

Couple things to try:

Try deleting "Program Files (x86)/EA GAMES/Earth & Beyond/Data/client/mixfiles/global.th6". (Redoc)

Try: "Open IE Options/Content/Certificates/Trusted Root, Find and delete 'local.net-7.org'. Then run launcher with Right click 'run-as-admin'. if you press play, it should offer to install certificate" (Karu)

okay, so i have Reformatted my Computer today, after receiving this error message, and re-installed (net-7 launcher & eb client)... Still producing the same error message, i am just 100% completely speechless about what to do

I suppose it's possible your dns isn't working. Open a command prompt window and enter nslookup sunrise.net-7.org

It should come back with an ip address. If it does then enter that ip address in the host combo box. If it doesn't then try using 74.208.192.215. Then press the Check button.

The 74.208.192.215 address works in the command box. It pulls up number of players online and shows the server status as online but when I click play it just goes away and does not start the game. Getting really irritated with this guys please help.

[quote name='tripper64' timestamp='1353238212' post='66438']
what did you change the DSN too??
[/quote] I put my Internet provider one's but you can put Open DNS one : [b]208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220[/b]

i have had problems with DNS a few times i have the following in my host file

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts

#74.208.132.71 net-7.org
#74.208.192.215 sunrise.net-7.org
#74.208.132.71 patch.net-7.org

any sign of a problem logging in i delete the # at the start and bingo i am in.

I'm having the same problem on two machines that used to work fine. I have not actually played on these machines in a year but I kept them patched.

It seems like the certificate is not importing. If I try to do it manually in IE it says it was successful but it does not show up in the list of certificates. Checking the certificate from the launcher says its not valid or not installed.

I'm running Win 7 Enterprise 64-bit.

I managed to get the certificate added and everything is working fine. Since the neither the launcher nor IE was adding it I tried the following and was able to install the certififcate (In case anyone else is having the same problem):

[b] Adding certificates to the Trusted Root Certification Authorities store for a local computer[/b]

[b]Administrators[/b] is the minimum group membership required to complete this procedure.[b]To add certificates to the Trusted Root Certification Authorities store for a local computer[/b][list=1]
[*]
Click [b]Start[/b], click [b]Start Search[/b], type [b]mmc[/b], and then press ENTER.
[*]
On the [b]File[/b] menu, click [b]Add/Remove Snap-in[/b].
[*]
Under [b]Available snap-ins[/b], click [b]Certificates[/b],and then click [b]Add[/b].
[*]
Under [b]This snap-in will always manage certificates for[/b], click [b]Computer account[/b], and then click[b] Next.[/b]
[*]
Click [b]Local computer[/b], and click [b]Finish[/b].
[*]
If you have no more snap-ins to add to the console, click [b]OK[/b].
[*]
In the console tree, double-click [b]Certificates[/b].
[*]
Right-click the [b]Trusted Root Certification Authorities[/b] store.
[*]
Click [b]Import[/b] to import the certificates and follow the steps in the Certificate Import Wizard.
[/list]