Bracketed Content - Do You Think It Is Fair?

If you have read the patch notes, read the spoilers or listened to chat in the game you will know that there is a lot of new content in the game now - Yay!! We are all happy and grateful that there are new things to do and see, especially me! All the hard work the volunteers do is much appreciated by us :)

While in the game I heard it mentioned that some of the game missions and content have limit requirements, which is understandable. You cant do high level missions until you are ready, minimums are set and level appropriate content is fair. It was said that there is some content you can not do because you are too high of a level. It may have a level bracket. You can start it after level 25, but not after 50, for example. I remember the grief that caused with Agrippa and I personally started a PP, PW and PS all new because my high level toons could not, now, do it all.

If the content is simply progressive, for example, you may be over 100 but need to do the level 25 mission first, then move on to the higher misions in order, that's cool. But missing out on the lower content because you didnt take your litle Jenpie all through Projen space at level 25, asking every projen for a mission, and now that he is 50, oops, too bad for you, well.... Many Jenquai dont even set foot into Projen space till they have to on their Level 50 HU mission.

This is not a gripe, or a rant, just a question or two.

Is there any new content or missions that have bracketed level requirements?

And if so, do you, in the player base, think that is fair?

For your consideration.

TooTall

I have no problem with the idea of level requirements both min and max. In live the Ketsugo Observation Outpost missions were CL bracketed. They didn't give any prints like the Agrippa Tech stuff, but you had a max CL that you could get the mission to kill worms near the N7 Beacon, a different max CL for the spindles, and for the part about killing Zenshai, which was repeatable, you had to be below CL20.

I'm not really a fan of mission chains where you have to do missions at a lower level to qualify for missions later in the chain at a higher level.
I don't mind only being able to do a mission in a certain level range, but I don't like being denied content suitable to my level just because I have not done something at a lower level. I can understand the point in rewarding someone who sticks with something from the beginning, but if the content devs have time left over, I would suggest going over any such mission and making alternative qualifying missions for different level ranges. Just make it hard enough to get at a higher level that the one's who stuck with it from the beginning still has something to show for it.

I don't mind missions with a minimum requirement however making it unobtainable at a higher level to me is a bit unfair. What if i just found out about the mission after i reached the high lvl cap? then I am pretty much unable to do that without rerolling, or making an alt. Gated content like that is something i will more than likely not experience. The goal of the game is to reach max level, and enjoy the journey to get there I know, but to spend time and resources on low to mid level missions that players don't know about until after the fact in some cases (like me) seems kind of wasteful when in the long term people will be looking for content @150 and higher. Just my thoughts on it so please don't think I am complaining.

Minimum level requirements is fine.

Maximum level requirements is not fine.

I do not agree with content being added that is exclusionary by maximum level.

It would be a happy day if the barriers were removed on Agrippa content.

There aren't max level or hull requirements on Agrippa Content any longer, as of Live.
If you find a particular Agrippa mission problem, PLEASE post it on the Bug Tracker, and the Progen Team will gladly fix it, asap.
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='Darkk' timestamp='1353103784' post='66289']
There aren't max level or hull requirements on Agrippa Content any longer, as of Live.
[/quote]
Do my eyes and/or mind deceive me have I really read that? It might actually be happy days right now!

Confirm, I was just looking through some of the missions in the editor tool because I saw Darkk say that (i was under the impression that was only being discussed, not that Byakhee had actually done it), but indeed, it does look like the hull requirements have been taken out of Agrippa.

There may be some missed, but it looks like that is what was intended.

Keep in mind there are still level minimums and also factional requirements.

Thats correct - the decision was made that there should be no "punishment" for playing the game as it is intended: Leveling.
Its just annoying to figure you cannot map an important weapon anymore because you were too high in level already.

Yeah Zack I remember it being discussed, I just didnt know anyone had actually done it XD. >.> I knew I hadnt, rather, so I was surprised to hear it had actually been changed. Its a good thing, I was for the removal of the hull requirements. I just didnt know someone had actually found the time to go through 100 missions like that.

Makes me smile, as a player too.

[quote name='Darkk' timestamp='1353103784' post='66289']
If you find a particular Agrippa mission problem, PLEASE post it on the Bug Tracker, and the Progen Team will gladly fix it, asap.
[/quote]

You're my hero =)))) and I'm sure the people who dont care about the level requirimens for this missions are simply the people who dont bother doing it

Well, from reading all the comments I am glad I posed the question about upper limits on content. It appears that many of us have been the recipients of such a limitation, with frustration and feelings of unjustifiable prejustice. <_<

It would seem this is ALL in the past now. ;)

I am VERY happy to see that the upper limits on the Agrippa content have been done away with. :wub:

Minimum level and factional requirements are fine, no complaints there ^_^

Initial low level missions that are prerequisites for higher level ones are fine too, as long as you are not locked out by being a too high level charater. ^_^

Just to be clear, I am asking the powers that be, as plainly as possible...

Are there ANY upper level limits on any content or missions? That you know of, at least.
(Edit: other than the Ketsugo missions and content not related to builds, faction changes or the other fun stuff ;) )

If there are none, that would be great. Many thanks for reading and responding to my query.

And of course, thanks for all you guys do! :D

TooTall Edited by TooTall