Live Enb

Feurix

WOW! I got to spend the entire day trying to make progress on my JD. I got 1.5 combat levels, 9k debt, and I'm now broke from repairs. Challenging? EVEN in Live, it was not this hard to level with store bought equipment. You have made it TOO hard for a single player to do. Group you say? Perhaps I like to do things alone. Perhaps I'm not much into grouping. I do believe it's my prerogative to do that, right?

I play games to relax, enjoy, and take my mind off of RL stress. This is far from relaxing. Far from entertaining. It's got me so frustrated, I am seriously considering just not playing. You see, I don't have the luxury of multi-boxing. Which, btw, is what about 80% of this community does.

I beta tested EnB. I played Live till sunset. I know this game inside and out. The one thing I loved about EnB was that it was multi-faceted and you could group or play solo. Normal mobs were easily soloed 4-5 levels above your CL. The "challenge" was the raids. You could get to 150 easily by yourself, but you didn't get any good gear without being in a guild, doing a pug, or being invited to fill a spot in a raid. The raids were rough, there were usually 30-40 doritos in a fb. There were always atleast 6 dead PW's and 10 TT's at any Controller raid. We always had 5 JE's on hand for Jumpstarts. THAT was fun. THAT was a good time. You also had enough money to pay for what you needed. This economy is simply ridiculous. You don't have the player base for this kind of pricing. But hey, I'm sure you have thought all this through and don't see any problems. I suppose there really isn't too much of a problem. I don't mind paying 100k for a 200% L4 reactor.......too bad I don't have 100k due to the cost of repairs, upgraded 100% equipment, necessities such as engines, shields, devices, weapons. The only way to avoid the problem is to build your own gear. I spent almost 100k tonight alone to make my wife and I 2x Monoceros, 2x RR+. 2x Laz, and 3x beams. The pricing is not realistic. It's like going to work shoveling out chicken coupes for 13 hrs a day and bringing home 1.20. Please get a clue.

Thats funny because my newbie PW has all level 2 gear, vendor, with 60k in the bank and i didnt even try.

What are you trying to kill that keeps killing you? Something grossly over your level? Serious questions, because if you get ahead of yourself that WILL happen.

i died a few times in live on my JD starting out.....I admit the aggro range and spacing of multiple mobs is a bit much for most classes, especially starting out. I don't think they are too hard, 1 on 1, however 2-3 can be much when you don't have all the skills needed to survive. I just try to adapt to it and see if i can try different strategies.

Running my first EMU Live toon with nothing PM, no groups, and no multiboxing (I hate doing that except for mule purposes). And I am doing just fine, getting levels, and making money.

I was playing like 4h yesterday evening and had much fun!
I was dying 1-2 times.

I think it felt very much like the "Live Origins" and not too hard but also not too easy.
For me its exactly right, since i dont want to play games being a "win button", gaining 20 levels per day being maxed in a week and bored cuz after another week i have all uber gear from every raid.

If you die that much Nunya, could it be you are not used to challenges anymore, that you played all these "easy mouse button mashers" the last years and used to it?
No offense at all - only thinking about your OP.

[quote name='Nunya' timestamp='1352864037' post='66026']
Normal mobs were easily soloed 4-5 levels above your CL.
[/quote]

Definatly [b]NOT[/b] what i remember. You say as a CL 2 you were able to solo a CL 6?
Not in the Earth&Beyond i remember.

I went out as a CL1 and were able to kill a CL2. I was down like 60-70% in shields and if i aggroed 2 mobs, i jumped out and re-approached the pack.
The key is, to sneak them up only aggroing one mob. As soon as the mob turns around to me, i drive backwards (single out the mob).

Of course, if you jump into the pack and aggro 3-? at once, you are dead. The game is not meant to work this way. You dont jump in, yell "hello", and push the "Area Kill button".

The raids were rough, there were usually 30-40 doritos in a fb. There were always atleast 6 dead PW's and 10 TT's at any Controller raid. We always had 5 JE's on hand for Jumpstarts. THAT was fun. THAT was a good time.
[/quote]
The last time i did a FB in the Emu we succeeded with 2 groups.
That was way too easy and we made it harder. Im excited to see if you think the FB in the EMU now is too hard as well, esp. considering you say 10 dying TT's was fun.

You also had enough money to pay for what you needed. This economy is simply ridiculous. You don't have the player base for this kind of pricing. But hey, I'm sure you have thought all this through and don't see any problems. I suppose there really isn't too much of a problem. I don't mind paying 100k for a 200% L4 reactor.......too bad I don't have 100k due to the cost of repairs, upgraded 100% equipment, necessities such as engines, shields, devices, weapons. The only way to avoid the problem is to build your own gear. I spent almost 100k tonight alone to make my wife and I 2x Monoceros, 2x RR+. 2x Laz, and 3x beams. The pricing is not realistic. It's like going to work shoveling out chicken coupes for 13 hrs a day and bringing home 1.20. Please get a clue.
[/quote]

The item prices are from "live" and not different in the EMU.
The repair costs were toned down and they are live since the last patch (ago 26h as of posting this). So you played at a time were the math for repair costs is like this:

Item vendor price: 2370 cr.
Damage: 7% (max damage per incap)
2370 / 10 = 237
237 * 7 = 1659 cr. for repeair.

Considering i made 40K on my toon yesterday in 4h leveling (selling loot, doing missions and getting creds. as a reward) you must have died 20-30 times.

I bought shields, reactors, engines and devices yesterday, all level 2.
I dont bother going with 200% gear below item-level 4. Level 1,2 and 3 are "short term" items to me.

You say 6 items, 3 beams = 100K ?

What i dont understand:
You get debt from OL10 on (before there is no debt).

So considering your OP i resume:
You made more then 10 levels yesterday although dying 20-30 times. You were able to spend more than 100K for items and another 30-50K for repair - so almost 150-200K in total.

You said you played the whole day, so you are complaining about gaining more then 10 levels a day and more than 150K in credits because the game is too hard?

[size=3][i]As a closing note:[/i][/size]
[size=3][i]We are happy about every single player coming back to the game and my posting is only about "wondering" and getting things straight.[/i][/size]
[size=3][i]You shouldnt stop playing, you should make it "your game" and get the fun out of it most people have (hence thats why they play).[/i][/size]

[size=3][i]People ingame are VERY helpful and friendly. See if you can get hints and tips from others that will make the game fun for you.[/i][/size]

My only death so far was as a OL 27 CL 6 JE trying to ninja the hulks at the chavez camps in Jot. I got a lag spike as i was trying to cloak 3 shots from the chavez and my little JE went poof. Took the tow and sold the junk and my debt was gone and the money loss wasn't even noticeable.

Nunya,

Not sure what is happening with you. I just started playing again about a 8 months ago and played a bunch of classes. I am like you in some ways, I enjoy doing it SOLO :-). I have found with most warrior classes you really can only combat 1-2 levels above your CL level. I also find that working up my trade and explore levels before combat helps so I get my levels up for placing in skills before I start combat grinding.

I am playing a Terran Scout (TS) and am actually taking on level 14's and started at CL6, more than double my combat level, I died my first time the last night when I got jumped by 4 MOBs at once. I am OL22. The TS is really good at fighting Mobs of higher CL because of their speed and being able to use missiles. I move toward the pack, target the closest, fire (on auto), turn away, wait for them to close the gap just outside of their range, move away to my max range still firing the whole time and repeat. It takes over 50 Type C missiles to take down the level 14 Mob, but as long as I pay attention I do not even get hit and can out run them when I do.

When I need cash, I look for lower level miners and such to grab the loot to sell and get trade XP. With a TS I am able to get Hulks too which bring in a good profit.

All in all, it took me a bit to get back in to the swing of things. I really enjoy EnB more than any other MMO I've tried. Not sure what it is, but I tell all I know about it.

Don't get discouraged and with this community being smaller than EnB Live, you'll find peeps that will build things for just the comps normally. If i had my TT back on and leveling, I would build you what you need and all for free. Never seemed to run out of cash, my other toons would lend him some if he needed any. I think what you are seeing is just because we are not really used to playing the lower levels and forgot how hard it really is to move up.

[quote name='Zackman' timestamp='1353024606' post='66184']
Overt.... [img]http://81.169.166.206/smilies/nono.gif[/img]

Did i say "Item prices" ? -> YES
Is bio loot an "item" -> NO

Is your posting making sense? -> <answer yourself>
[/quote]

:o :cluebat: :panic:

Name: Feurix.
Issues: None

Folks, I apologize for my rant. I have a bad temper and combined with frustration can lead me to saying things I later regret.

After taking some time to reaccess my play style. The race to 150 is not going to happen in 6.23 days. I am just taking my time, exploring, talking to NPC's, killing mobs I normally would have over-looked, and enjoying each sector and what it has to offer. Since doing this, my game play has been much more enjoyable. The loot is good, and the credits are building. I'm also trying to prove a point that I don't need 200% gear to get through the game. I won't break any leveling records, but it's purely to prove a point. The only thing I'm currently using that is 200% is beams.

The devs have done a fine job. You all deserve a pat on the back for your hard work and sacrifice of personal time. Thank you for making the game happen. I sincerely mean that. The economy is still harsh, but will balance out in time.

I just wanted to let you all know that the game is great and if taken the correct way, is full of content to keep you busy for months!

Sincerely,
Feurix

I wasn't trying anything Zack, merely pointing out something that may NOT have been put back to "LIVE" levels. I was agreeing to Feurix's post to the difficulty factor. BTW, I am not surprised that all the dev's commenting here as to the difficulty of things recently, and are not having any problems finding cash, or not seeing issues. You guys do know where to look, and where to find items far easier than the casual player, and as such, may not be the best opinion as to what is and what is not, difficult in this game. Because of your status as a dev, you guys should not be too quick to comment and apply your conspiracy theories that players are always trying to pull something on you, so much as trying to listen to what people are trying to tell you, and addressing that instead of pointing a finger like I have it in for you or something.

My comment was meant to assess what the actual state of loot pricing. Instead, Zack, seems to think I have some personal grudge against him, which is definitely not the case. Infact, until that reply Zack, I actually thought of you as a dev that gets things done, and that you actually did listen to players, BECAUSE you were involved in correcting issues with the faction wipe, and the way you are always willing to help others. It seems now that maybe I was completely wrong about you.

I'll stop here before you think I am up to something else, or before you think I am trying to manipulate you in some other way. And never mind my last comment. I will not be posting another word here on these forums.

• 1 month later...

wow, this is typical of the players and staff in the emulator these days. I've been playing the emulator for 3 yrs or more since I first heard about it and I was very happy to get back to the EnB universe. But now? Noit so happy. All I see are the same snarky players monopolising the market channel for their personal clique chats, mouthy responses to players that have legit critisisms or complaints about content or whatever, staff that struts around letting their egos be stoked acting as if they owned the world. This is a game people, the definition of which is dominated by the word entertainment. Fun.  How much fun is it when you comment on something and you get 5 responses that are basically net bullying because "you're different than us so stop belly-aching and get with the program". Oh please, is this still grade school playground time? I thought most of us were adults, reliving the old times in a virtual universe that is rarely offered these days, in this environment of Pay-to-kill-someone-you-don't-know games. We used to be a community but all I see now are players and staff throwing insults at those who speak their minds about the ongoing development of a game we all used to enjoy and share.  You've lost sight of the real meaning of this emulator. I bet you're the kind that says "Bah humbug" too. For shame! Being an adult carries with it an ability to discuss unpleasant or controvertial topics and resolve differences. Unfortunately I see very little of that. There are alot of old players that used to play the emulator a few years back and I can see now why they left. It's an environment of hostility towards anyone not accepted into the clique. It's disgusting and as long as it continues you will lose new players that do not wish to be in that type of environment, and old ones that are sick of the back biting, the boot licking, the constant negative verbage of those that deem to qustion the status quo. You have become your own worst enemy.

I too enjoy playing alone, my schedule is too random to allow me to join a guild or share time with other players I see all the time. Why ostrocize those that espouse such a practise? oh that's right I forgot, you're intolerant bullies with no comprehension of social interaction. You're like the football jocks versus the lone nerd in teh hallway. I guess you can't help yourself when the opportunity to slam someone's head into a metal locker presents itself. You just do the equivalent with words, bitter ones. Now how do you feel? Perhaps your anger at MY words will make you realize you have gone TOO FAR. No one in the game is safe from your snarky, vengeful replies. No one is nurtured along because they didn't read a FAQ or spend time researching game rules from 2002. No one is safe from your recriminations if they are singled out by another player because you enjoy pouncing on the weak prey. In other words, you have become uncivilized. You are no longer human beings, but animals prowling the internet for some poor slob that is minding his own business just so you can make an example of him/her and elevate your own ego to superior status, in your eyes. It's a sickness and you are too blind, too proud and too stupid to see it. I think I'll be writing my congresman about legislation to ban all adults from playing online games as it makes them in 12 year olds.

For those of you who play any online games just to play, to have a good time, I applaud you and hope that we will meet in a virtual space some day and have hours of fun together just laughing at the stupid thing we did with that sword or how that NPC lagged us enough to just NEVER die! lol Enjoy!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4

wow, this is typical of the players and staff in the emulator these days. I've been playing the emulator for 3 yrs or more since I first heard about it and I was very happy to get back to the EnB universe. But now? Noit so happy. All I see are the same snarky players monopolising the market channel for their personal clique chats, mouthy responses to players that have legit critisisms or complaints about content or whatever, staff that struts around letting their egos be stoked acting as if they owned the world. This is a game people, the definition of which is dominated by the word entertainment. Fun.  How much fun is it when you comment on something and you get 5 responses that are basically net bullying because "you're different than us so stop belly-aching and get with the program". Oh please, is this still grade school playground time? I thought most of us were adults, reliving the old times in a virtual universe that is rarely offered these days, in this environment of Pay-to-kill-someone-you-don't-know games. We used to be a community but all I see now are players and staff throwing insults at those who speak their minds about the ongoing development of a game we all used to enjoy and share.  You've lost sight of the real meaning of this emulator. I bet you're the kind that says "Bah humbug" too. For shame! Being an adult carries with it an ability to discuss unpleasant or controvertial topics and resolve differences. Unfortunately I see very little of that. There are alot of old players that used to play the emulator a few years back and I can see now why they left. It's an environment of hostility towards anyone not accepted into the clique. It's disgusting and as long as it continues you will lose new players that do not wish to be in that type of environment, and old ones that are sick of the back biting, the boot licking, the constant negative verbage of those that deem to qustion the status quo. You have become your own worst enemy.

I too enjoy playing alone, my schedule is too random to allow me to join a guild or share time with other players I see all the time. Why ostrocize those that espouse such a practise? oh that's right I forgot, you're intolerant bullies with no comprehension of social interaction. You're like the football jocks versus the lone nerd in teh hallway. I guess you can't help yourself when the opportunity to slam someone's head into a metal locker presents itself. You just do the equivalent with words, bitter ones. Now how do you feel? Perhaps your anger at MY words will make you realize you have gone TOO FAR. No one in the game is safe from your snarky, vengeful replies. No one is nurtured along because they didn't read a FAQ or spend time researching game rules from 2002. No one is safe from your recriminations if they are singled out by another player because you enjoy pouncing on the weak prey. In other words, you have become uncivilized. You are no longer human beings, but animals prowling the internet for some poor slob that is minding his own business just so you can make an example of him/her and elevate your own ego to superior status, in your eyes. It's a sickness and you are too blind, too proud and too stupid to see it. I think I'll be writing my congresman about legislation to ban all adults from playing online games as it makes them in 12 year olds.

For those of you who play any online games just to play, to have a good time, I applaud you and hope that we will meet in a virtual space some day and have hours of fun together just laughing at the stupid thing we did with that sword or how that NPC lagged us enough to just NEVER die! lol Enjoy!

Are you done?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

this is only slighlty offbase, and hopefully it will change some, but i doubt it. Honestly the mob gang agro and multiply as they respawn, which means you need to kill a few then move on to another area to survive if solo hunting. some of the "normal mobs" hit like bosses with critical hits that are 5x-8x thier normal hit and every third hit is a max critical. solo combat was not this difficult in OL because 90% of organic mobs didn't group agro and any player could manage these mobs if 2-4 cl'z lower then the mob lvl (even je with shield drain) the few exceptions were tengu, voltoi, and bullywere, but even these could be pulled out of the pack with jd summon and killed 1 at a time or kited out by a terren or progen. the  game in it's entirety is not a "snafu" but there are issues, and when players try to post thier concerns they often get shot with insults and disrespect.

• Upvote 1

ohhemad.jpg

I believe, and this is just my opinion and nothing else, those that shoot down the criticism are afraid that the devs will take it the wrong way and quit working on the game.

All I have to say about it is, if a developer can't handle a little criticism they shouldn't be in development at all.

Are there issues, YES, and you can shout that from the rooftops, and I am sure the developers know this.  

The criticism, though, sometimes can be read, as we write the criticisms, with emotion that truly isn't in the criticism.  I am the first to admit I have done this at my job by reading an email from a user.  Sometimes you can tell the user is trying to slam you, but most of the time we do read emotion into words that isn't there.  I am also guilty of writing criticism that comes out as if I am just pissed at the world and you are totally wrong, and I am not pissed and probably laughing as I write the criticism.

TLTR version:  There are people out there scared devs will quit working on the game if all they hear is criticism.  It has to happen and let the devs decide when the criticism is over the top, and players should just play the game and enjoy scenery.

• Upvote 1