Were You On The Original Enb In 2002 To 2004 Or Just Here?

How many were on/or not on orig Enb?  

477 members have voted

1. 1. Pick when you played EnB as your 1st original Game Play!

• Played original EnB game that ended in 2004. 1st Exposure.
    • Played Enb-Emulator as 1st Exposure to the Game. (2004 till now).
    • For some reason none of the above apply or don't remember anymore.

I Played on the Orion Server from 2002 to sunset, first in the guild Zen cartel that falled apart and i was the only one left as guild leader. then i joined Meta Mafia guild.

Great time remember some names lik Starz from London iirc and traderlater, girlie. My name was then Diddle JE maxxed and had i think all toons pw/ps/te/tt/jd/je at 150 with mostly names like diddle/doddel/johnnl almost the same names i use totday from the start when we had no mobs and gating was true wh commands lol

I also remeber Saku (yoshikawa) from finland we still friends from 2003 and i spent some time in december 2009 in helsinki.

But the best is that all those people are nice and helpfull and still are in the emu. its still a part of my life :)

Thanks to the DEV's and others to bing back this good game :)

My old roommate and I were part of the original first round closed beta testers on this game, and we loved it SO much (even though back then, most of the galaxy was missing lol).  For some reason when this released, something else had come out right before it that chewed up all our MMO time (maybe WoW? Maybe Shadowbane?), so we wound up putting off getting the game at launch, and then by the time we were ready, here's the announcement that it was closing down! (AutoAssault was worse, I was there at launch, and it still disappeared with a rapidity!).  We were both really sad about that, and I thought I'd never get a chance to play this again!  Well, someone on the Archeage forums was talking about the SWG emu, and someone else mentioned EnB and how sad they were there wasn't an emu for it... so I searched google on the off chance it might finally exist, and IT DID!  Anyway, thank you devs, for reviving what is probably still one of the more interesting and unique mmos I've played!

• 5 weeks later...

Only char I remember was Lizden - Terran Trader; I sure I had others as I usually max out my char slots, yes I'm an Altoholic. ;)

I played from launch til around mid 2003 then got distracted by something else, can't remember what.  Read on one of the game sites about EnB closing down and was sad about that.  Tried EvE online but after a couple months when skill training hit 30+ days I kinda lost interest (this was before the training queues).  Stumbled upon the EMU a couple years ago but couldn't get it to work right, tried again a week or so ago (new computer and connection) and got it to work!  Been doing starter missions and just flying around exploring since.

@finitethrills - I remember Auto Assault!  I even bought the collectors edition that had the sound track CD!!  It was really fun and a cool concept but there was really no reason to group as you could do most of the content solo and for a MMO that almost a death sentence.  Really wish they would revise it as a single player or co-op game kinda like the Diablo series.

• 1 month later...

Hallooo EnB Emulator,

I played on the original :)

I am downloading you now for the first time. I feel a bit silly not having searched for you all this time, I have some fond memories.

Westwood were always good - I remember mapping Eye of the Beholder on pen and paper LOL.

See you around...

• 3 weeks later...

I never played Earth and Beyond before.

I can't use my gaming comp atm so I have to use my laptop which is not very powerful :(

Been playing Path of Exiles and Hell Gate London - other free online games. I found EnB just trawling around, it feels and plays awesome - I used to play a lot of Elite in the way back machine :D

p.s. I can't seem to vote in the pole..

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Greetings Fellow Captains!

I played from launch till sunset on the Orion server.  I was with Orion Enforcers and then Old Dominion.  Characters were Kethel (PS), Madjack(TT), Ael(JE).  I have lots of fond memories from this game and am so glad there were some awesome people that were able to bring it back for us.  YOU GUYS ROCK!  

I came back to the emulator for a while but RL took me away for a bit.  Back now and looking forward to playing again!

Kelthel

i played from sunset till dawn, think i was on the Gallileo server, im getting old  :) , what i remember best , i had a buddy there, never forget hes name " Gwyneth " and 1 day he had to leave the game to join the force in another country, i was asked to use hes account,,so i did for 6 months or was it 3 ?

I played on Orion server as Diclofenic PW, Thuvia TT, Lofa JE . I was in Equinox.They were a great bunch to game with.  Played the emulater a few years ago and coming back now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
I played from 2002 till 2004. Was out the other day and saw a painting that resembled the EnB galaxy map. I brought back great memories of my first mmorpg. I did a search to read more and fill in the gaps that time created in my memory. Then I found net7.org and I'm a very happy player again. :-)

Farmboy
Merchant Marines, Andromeda

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Yes I bought this game way back in the day when it first came out and played it with my guild, Sarmis, for about six months straight.   Had to take a break then but after about another 4 months I resubbed ( never a fan of subs) and continued until sunset.  A sad day. 

Still have the box and original game somewhere.  It was my first MMO and hence always has that special place.

i was in beta when westwood sent me the "key" to log in the first live.i was given a nav "cimber`s threat" in tarsis and a founders decal..my toon name was cimbad and i was in warlord`s guild until sunset....i came back to this version when it was in stress testing,i was in st2 ans st3 and im still here in the emulator :)

Can't vote.  Not enough posts, I guess.

Played the original E&B, but not in Beta.

Started out on the most crowded server, but moved to the least crowded. Can't remember the names.

The only two toons to reach 150 were my TT and JE.

Laughter

Edited by Laughter

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Played just to the end~

It was my first MMORPG. My son, SophTT who was then DJPerv, I think,

got me playing.

It was really depressing when E&B ended, we searched in vain for

another game to love....

Have played many, but E&B is my first love...

I can't remember what my alts names were, and re-learning the game, but so glad to be back!

I signed up just after the alpha testing and was in beta testing the game. 

Stayed in the very last second of the game. 

Now in the "of all the blind luck" department , I found obtenerate <sp> lens AND a parrot feather the day before the game ended.   LOL!!! of all the blind luck!

Glad the game is back!!!

Bob

• 3 weeks later...

I played while the game was live within a week or two of the game being released due to a bunch of people from a forum I used to frequent playing.  During that time I was on the Orion server as a Progen Sentinel.