Were You On The Original Enb In 2002 To 2004 Or Just Here?

How many were on/or not on orig Enb?  

477 members have voted

1. 1. Pick when you played EnB as your 1st original Game Play!

• Played original EnB game that ended in 2004. 1st Exposure.
    • Played Enb-Emulator as 1st Exposure to the Game. (2004 till now).
    • For some reason none of the above apply or don't remember anymore.

• 1 month later...

Can't vot ein the poll for some reason but... I played from phase 4 beta until sunset on Andramada server, mostly as a member of the Merchant Marines. Earth & Beyond has remained one of the best MMORPG experiences that I have ever had since starting playing them with UO in 1997. I have been following this emulation effort since the beginning, and just recently started playing it. I was very pleasantly surprised that I finally got it working, and have been in hog heaven ever since. Ya'll have done a magnificent job bringing this beloved game back from the dead, and I hope it stays alive. :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

I have forgotten damn near everything from when I originally played but I do remember I loved it. Obviously, I loved it so much that I thought about it 10yrs later and googled it. :) Now I'm hooked. I haven't built a new computer in about 6 years so all my equipment is pretty outdated and it limits my ability to play games. It was extra awesome to find this up since my crappy 2009 laptop is still alien technology as far as 2004 is concerned so it uses less resources than Firefox ;)

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was in a largish guild called Order of Chivalry, although I can't remember for sure which server we were on.  Had the privilage to be on hand for the very first (for our server) summoning and subsequent defeating of...I don't know what.  Something huge out past the glowing wall, that spawned tons of very high level adds. 

Got some screenshots floating around somewhere.  I'm pretty sure that later on a good PW could solo the thing, but at that time with very few max players, it was a big deal...hundreds showed up to help take it down.  I was a mid-level PS and my buddy was a mid-level TT so we just grouped up and went around jumpstarting and repairing broken down folks.  Good times :D

I played on Pegasus. Was in a guild called the Shadow Order. Have found some of my old guild mates here and learned a lot more about the game since I came to the emulator. I loved this game then, grieved when it went away and have never been happier than when I came here back in ST 3 (I think)..............Thanks to all the wonderful people who work hard to bring this game back! You will probably never know just how grateful I am to be playing again.

Earth and Beyond is the greatest game EVER!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I have forgotten damn near everything from when I originally played but I do remember I loved it. Obviously, I loved it so much that I thought about it 10yrs later and googled it. :) Now I'm hooked. I haven't built a new computer in about 6 years so all my equipment is pretty outdated and it limits my ability to play games. It was extra awesome to find this up since my crappy 2009 laptop is still alien technology as far as 2004 is concerned so it uses less resources than Firefox ;)

Aashe, you still should be able to play on you old laptop, I still play EnB on my 15 year old desktop. I still use the original program I did in live, just did not have the heart to take it off PC.

• 4 weeks later...

I played from the Beta up till it shut down. I still have my original beta cd that i was sent and the original game in its box. After it shut down Westwood sold the game engine to be used in the creation of the sims. I was offered a sub to EVE but took a look and was so dissapointed i turned off my comp and it stayed off till my daughter got old enough to need one for school.

I played on the ORION Server as a TE, using the same name here, Webster

The Guild I was in was named " The Silver Guard "

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was in the beta test of live for a bit and then after release I was on Orion.  I was first in Dark Empire and then left with some others to form the guild The Illuminati.  I played with that group through FFXI, WoW, and even some LOTRO.  Lost touch with them a while ago though.  Ahhh memories.

Andromeda

L150 TE Quasimoto

L150 TT Bauxdilli

L150 JE Elmerfudd

Was in Extreme Force untill we decided that we were tired of the guild leader always playing on another server and only dropping in every now and again to say keep up the work our stats are inproving! LOL dumped EF and started Desolate Ones and took most of EF with me, costarters of DO was Ender, Denoprime, and Starfox.

I played from the first month game went live to the end!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Downloading now, can't wait to check it out!  I played from final beta until Star Wars Galaxies came out in summer 2003.  Always loved the music and the exploration of the game.  Great game, too bad EA controlled it and shut it down.

Edited by amongwareth

I could have swore I posted here but guess not. I played live till sunset then EVE for maybe 5 years then got on SWTOG

Was leader of Red Cell for like 6 months before sunset. Names  were coinman-JE Trapper-TT and Illuminous-PW Bought him on Ebay

Got here right after it started in Alpha and have been very impressed with the GM's and Dev's here. Just amazing work.

I started testing earth and beyond in alpha 2 if i recall correctly and continued up to retail release. I only played a couple months in retail as i was fully burned out. Im going to start playing again if my old lappy will handle it and by all accounts it should as i originally tested on a 32 mb vid card 1.2 ghz tbird with 512 meg ram. The lappy has 1gb ram 64 mb vid card and 1.9 ghz cpu.  Will just have to try it and see. If i get any sort of playability i might stick around. 

BTW i was novaflare and nove back then as well. So im betting some old timers remember me esp if any of the devs and gms from beta are around :p