Were You On The Original Enb In 2002 To 2004 Or Just Here?

How many were on/or not on orig Enb?  

477 members have voted

1. 1. Pick when you played EnB as your 1st original Game Play!

• Played original EnB game that ended in 2004. 1st Exposure.
    • Played Enb-Emulator as 1st Exposure to the Game. (2004 till now).
    • For some reason none of the above apply or don't remember anymore.

I played from end december 2002 till anouncement of sunset. Went of for a couple of months in 2003 (summer) for PlanetSide ;-p

I was on Pegasus (main toon LukeSky : JE +165), first in Echelon guild (iirc) later started a new one, Code Red with Ozonluke as GL.

people i remember from back then in the guild, DarkKat, Spy(i)der ? , SirCharles ..

Helped (like so many) in 'cracking' the authorization code (furnished a classroom of PCs for 14 days, not sure the results got ever used ..)

Dropped in and played 3 ST's (not sure i did 1 or 3, 2 and 4 i'm sure of), came back to Live after about 6 months (after ST4).

Played and lived on Galileo back in the day.  Don't recall the guild name.  Toons then were :Eldibar, Eldi, Zooly, Eldar.

I  can only remember a few names of fellow players from back then.......Diabolic, Yonsalot

Just joined up to check out the EMU, hope its all I remember it to be.

Played from the first day of live until the last day when the servers shut down on Orion. Was the leader of GSX Elite, the best bunch of people I have ever gamed with. Followed this from concept and first tried it when you had to Houdini the install. It is quite different now for those that did not get to enjoy that experience. It has come a long, long way.

Edit: Andramada**  The only true spelling of our server.

Origim from Andramada.  Red Cell guild, if I recall correctly.  150 JE, TE, good times...

My biggest memories are chasing the storyline clues.  Going into the Shears that made my ship glow (what was the name of that crystal that made it happen?  "Anomaly detected in the cargo hold!"), spending time on Risco wondering what the heck that was all about, the mysterious wormhole.

Now that i think about that, I remember the huge forum fights had between the two famous storyline researchers, Tarpeia (later Ishkur in EvE Online) and.. what was the other guy's name, starts with an R I think?

Patch days.  Cerdith dev blogs (and the constant race to have their questions make it to Cerdith's Q&A section at the end of the Dev blogs).

Who remembers the POSTY?!

Then came the shut down.  I remember being very saddened.  EnB Portal negotiated the release of "storyline packet" and I remember printing the entire thing out in tiny font, double column, stapling it in the middle, and reading it like a book before bed.

Nostalgic!

Then came EvE Online.  I became part of the early CLS.  EvE didn't last long for me; despite being a great game, had to focus on school.  Several years later I came back to EvE to find that CLS and ASCN became one of the dominant powers.  I spent about a year playing, and then came the BoB invasion that ultimately destroyed us.  College approached, so I then left EvE again.

Edited by Origim

I played for the first couple of months and got bored with the jobs being backwards. Meaning, go there, bring it back here, instead of pick it up here, and go there, so I went back to playing Escape Velocity. Notice if I zoom out on ship, I don't fall asleep nearly as much now.

Played from 1st week to about a month before it went down on Orion with a bunch of good people from Order of Unity as well as some great folks from other guilds as well.

Zuesprime JE

Epiphony TT

Marduc JD

and others which the names of my characters escape me .

I was Beta tester from 2001 to 2002 I think, so many moons ago I forget now, any ways, when it aired on TechTV show, Their name was just Westwood, They didn't have EA backing them at that point, when They granted open testing, I jumped at the chance to get in, soon after that I got in, this was my first Beta game on the web, besides Networked games. My Son an I gamed until Sunset of 2003 or 2004 He was 8, or 9 years old back then, His first online game too.

​I still have the original CD's around here somewhere and the Book. The Guilds we were in was our own, at first we created Wing Commander's Elite, it was named after the Movie we watched back then, good Movie by the way check it out here, http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0131646/ I think the game was made after that Movie, there allot similarities imho.

After a time, we disbanded our Family Guild, and signed on with Guardians of Light, and stayed until Sunset until the last second at F7 sad day for all indeed. Afterwards we were granted free trails at http://www.eveonline.com/ which we gamed at for about a week, then we went to Starwars Galaxies which I Beta too stayed there until resently about year or two ago until Sony pulled the plug on the game, manager drag really, we enjoyed that one too for 8, or 9 years.

Lastly I was feeling nostalgic, looking for the soundtrack of Earth and Beyond, found the Emu again after many years, I knew you were working on it, I tried it some time ago, I was only able to fly around and dock in one station back then, no venders or anything, so we visited the forums again back on February of 2012, lo and behold again our Community and Game was born again.

Our names back then, and still to this day are Brack, and Zende being My Son.

My Hats off to All of you that worked and still working on it to bring back our Community and Game for All to Enjoy again

Thank you one an All, I /Kowtow to you All

Brack

Edited by Brack

I was in early, early beta of EnB. I started in their stress test, which they did first instead of last (unlike a lot developers now) and played right up to launch. Sadly, for me, I couldn't play after launch due to finances, though I wish I could have, because I really did enjoy the game. Hell I remember the game so fondly just from my beta time, and in the early stress tests how much further a part waypoints and locations started as. Saturn space was bloody huge, for instance. You could nearly spend an hour going from one gate to another and that was the shortest route. Hehe, memories.

Edited by Silverspar

Started playing in 2002 shortly after launch. My roommate was in the beta and got us sucked in. Was a TT (Jeancharles) in Search for Intelligent Life on Andromeda

I was one of the Original Beta Testers for EnB back in the day actually.  Was the Jenpie Defender Morikai on the Pegasus server :D.

I hadn't heard any news about this emulator until someone posted about it on facebook though just earlier.

I could not vote either but I played for a little over a year before it went into sunset. Very sad day for me as I had become disabled in 2000 and a friend of my named Charles Miller (alias Tiggar in EnB) got me to start playing EnB to help my deep depression and I found a wonderful family on Pegasus and in a guild called the Quiet Professionals with the name of Jyd. 

He literially saved my life by getting me to start playing online games and finding people to talk with during the day. Sadly enough Tiggar past away while gaming a few years ago and I will miss him forever.

Thank You Tiggar

Jyd Soren

Edited by Jyd

Played from second month of live until they pulled the plug out that dark Wednesday morning.

I was with The Reborn guild, small but fun bunch they were.

Afterwards some of us carried on to SW Galaxies, then WoW. 

It kinda choked me up for a moment when I accidently stumbled across this project through wikipedia.

It's too bad I lost contact with so many people over the years, I'm sure they would be here if they knew.

but just on that small chance that some might stumble across this.

Jennelle, Shabane, Tolstein, Coalbucketannie, Bobbit, Mush, DuckyTE, Gina, Jailea, Vaktoth, Legendslayer... Wish you were here! miss you all.

Played Enb from end of alpha til Sunset on Pegasus(Pegalag)

Guild: Iron Overlords, Stark Reality, RIP, Guns for Hire.

Zap = Terran enforcer (maxed)

ZapTT = Terran Trader (maxed)

Zaper = Jenquai Defender (maxed)

Zaptaxi = Jenquai explorer (maxed)

Misterbrown = Progen warrior (maxed)

Specially remember the Santa lag.

Omg could not move anywhere due to all the lagg.

Tryed EVE after EnB. Sucked.

Played WoW for 6 years.

Tryed Lineage2(awesome graphics)

Tryed Guild wars 1 and 2.(good games, little to no engame stuff)

Ended up in my all time Favourite game, yeah u guessed it "EnB".

Good job on bringing it back Devs(all on the EnB emu team).

played from live to sunset had 150 PW named Garway and 150 Explorer named Waygar. My guild was Lunar Dawn. I still have the original cd in the box :) I think was on Andromeda

I started back at launch when the game went live.  Can't remember if I did a pre order or not.

Was my first real MMO experience... so much so in that people from then, I am still in touch with to this day.

I have been chasing that feeling like any addict would ever since in many other games.  Seems to me there was something about the E&B community that was about community.  most games since it has been mostly ppl all about min/max and moving on to the next and then the next shiny game that gets tossed out.

Long last I have found you all here and look forward to making new friends.

Quick question is there a list a list of what is not working (in game?) atm? 

I ask becuase I played a JD and never did manufacturing or trade runs and was looking forward to trying it this time around... lol I don't even know how to (analyze things for blue prints or recipies yet)?  My play time window was relatively short and my guildies had all the skills to hook me up for stuff... so I mostly went out and kept them alive and killed mobs in trade.

I started back at launch when the game went live.  Can't remember if I did a pre order or not.

Was my first real MMO experience... so much so in that people from then, I am still in touch with to this day.

I have been chasing that feeling like any addict would ever since in many other games.  Seems to me there was something about the E&B community that was about community.  most games since it has been mostly ppl all about min/max and moving on to the next and then the next shiny game that gets tossed out.

Long last I have found you all here and look forward to making new friends.

Quick question is there a list a list of what is not working (in game?) atm? 

I ask becuase I played a JD and never did manufacturing or trade runs and was looking forward to trying it this time around... lol I don't even know how to (analyze things for blue prints or recipies yet)?  My play time window was relatively short and my guildies had all the skills to hook me up for stuff... so I mostly went out and kept them alive and killed mobs in trade.

The game is in Live status, most things work just fine, though there may be bugs here & there.  If you see something wrong, let the devs know through the bug tracker in the forums so they can fix it.  If it's not wrong, they'll just point out that it's working as intended.   The terminals in the starbases work, though there are some job terminals with no jobs.  

There are things in the emulator that weren't in the original game.  The Scout, Seeker, and Privateer are available, there are new systems and sectors that weren't in the original, though not all are currently open.  There is also a vault transfer system that allows you to move items between your characters' vaults, as well as a mail system that allows you to send an item to any other player, or claim it, even if the other player isn't online at the time you wish to send it.  Those things require the net 7 Portal site to accomplish.

I was in alpha phase 2 and continued a couple or 3 months in to retail launch. Kind f burned out back then. It was a been there done that to many times type thing. I remember some crazy times in alpha and beta phases. Cant wait to get back in game.