Were You On The Original Enb In 2002 To 2004 Or Just Here?

How many were on/or not on orig Enb?  

477 members have voted

1. 1. Pick when you played EnB as your 1st original Game Play!

• Played original EnB game that ended in 2004. 1st Exposure.
    • Played Enb-Emulator as 1st Exposure to the Game. (2004 till now).
    • For some reason none of the above apply or don't remember anymore.

I beta tested the game from Phase 4 to live.  Then I played all the way up to the last moment the server was shut down.  I even remember talking to a Dev that night that logged on and caught me on my JE.  It was years ago so I cannot remember the whole conversation, but they did say it was a shame the servers were going down.

I was the second officer in Search for Intelligent Life (SIL) under a guy called SilverKiwi.  (Andromeda server)

Then I found this great place.  Remade my JE.  And I dragged all my friends back with me.  I'm now the leader of a remade Search for Intelligent Life.

Edited by Spotlore

forgot when i started not long after release . used to watch a buddy of mine play when it was in beta . i stayed till the min they shutdown . tryed eve thought it sucked vendetta was a more fun game to play -the cheesy gfx . cho/cov was cool for a lil while but the AE stuff kinda killed it for me . then i discoverd this and have been here since .

I was wondering if I'd ever run across anyone else who played Vendetta Online. I did Cph/Cov, almost got banned from CoV because I made a villian named John Wayne Gacy and dressed it up to look as close to a clown as close as I could. They said I couldn't have that character. I said to the mod "What is this, City of Villians or City of Pussies?" Bam, got spanked for that, lol.

I played Vendetta Online a little in beta, didn't like it that much, particularly  the PvP element of it.  Did ships ever get shields in that game?  Or was that a feature on ships better than the ones I got in my brief time of playing.

I played OG on Andromeda first with Raven guild and later with Static!

My sig below is my original from live! It was one my first explorations into Photoshop.

I left the game shortly after the sunset announcement. I found it much to heartbreaking to continue playing afterward.

I played Vendetta Online a little in beta, didn't like it that much, particularly  the PvP element of it.  Did ships ever get shields in that game?  Or was that a feature on ships better than the ones I got in my brief time of playing.

I don't remember shields ever for ships. The PvP is somewhat like EVE, in that there are safer zones. You tried to gank someone near a station...you might as well kiss your ass goodbye to the station weaponry. One thing VO did that I thought was interesting was the convoy raids. You could either group and attack one of the regular convoys travelling through space or be a defender. That is something that could be done in this game. You could have an ore convoy of say five frieghters moving from one end of a sector to another...suddenly, a frantic radio message goes out to all pilots to assist in repelling a Chavez attack on the convoy. You might get 5-7 minutes to show up and save the ships. Just a thought, one of many.

Played a TE and JE in Orion server back in 2003. After that came to the old forums during the time when the packet encryption was being analized. Forgot about it for some time, and then came back during ST4.

-Leowolf-

Played from Start till Sunset on Pegasus.

I just returned after being away for 2 to 3 Years (Net-7 Launcher, last time used, Aug15th.2010) , real life caught up and had alot of work to do.

Trying to find a start right now :D

(Smuggle: lvl 135 TT, Soulcleaver: lvl 150+++ PW back then on Pegasus)

Edited by Soulcleaver

Beta tested the original game and played until sunset on Galileo.

Been here since the day we could first log in and enter our ships. You could leave the station but couldn't go anywhere. Didn't care tho, as it was still a major thrill just to be back in the cockpit   =)

Been gone for about a year now due to my job demands but hoping to get back in and see what's new!

I was in the beta, then played for about a year and a half. Took a break... then got the whole sunset notification thing. Jumped back in and played to the end. I was on Andromeda and in a small guild just called 'D'. Otherwise, i've always been a solo player. But always loved the community on EnB. I still treasure my installed Cds i've managed to hold onto for all this time, shame i don't sstill have the box.

It's nice to be able to get back into E&B as i could never find a proper space MMO replacement. Although Auto Assault felt vaguely E&Bish with vehicles... (another one i miss... *sniff*). Looking forward to loosing myself in this game again. :)

I played in the original. My cousin told me and my brother about it...it was a our first MMO we played. I had an epic PW on Orion. Anyways from that, i told my two buddies Operion and Bjsenforcer about it back then....and we just fell in love with it....it was our favorite MMO ever. News of emulator and everything was exciting. Logging in first time years ago after Sunset was amazing. I didnt play a whole lot, just to check things here and there. But now that things were in "Live" status...nothing was hold me back!

So me and Bjsenforcer are back in full swing...Operion went MIA...just not the same to him as it was in EA live...oh well.

Love EnB!

Played since closed beta very early 2002... then public beta then picked Andromeda in release... Was co-founder of a mid-sized family-friendly guild... 

Left the game around a year and a half after release... Changes made after EA sales of Westwood (right before public beta), turned game from serious space adventure to kinder garden with all shiny, glowy effects. Later with almost entire guild, I moved on to other MMO's such as SWG, EQ2, LOTRO etc. etc.

Since then I was looking for similiar games to play with... Was aware of EMU news yet, did not actually checked frequent... till early december and I was in right after learning it is live :)

Edited by SiSL

Though my forum bio says it all, I'll Call it Forward here. Girlfriend found EA Earth & Beyond and we played from 2002 til 2004 when we learned it was to be shut down. We were on the Orion server in the Knighthawks Guild under the likes of Metamatic 'Meta', Endrin, BigRuss, and others. I was a sought after Engine builder and proficient heals Terran Trader. We then had to migrate to EvE Online where the Knighthawks tried to stay together, but life has that whole entropy thing going.

I am so glad to be back and it obviously shows in my work as a Net-7 Reporter. I too got a little choked up the first time the intro cinematic played and I was able to log in to the Emulator. The Emulator has an excellent team that listens, responds, and works their lives into the grave for this game we all love.

I heartily encourage those pilots who are interested in the game world, the storyline, and the plot to download the Earth & Beyond Storyline document. It opens with Adobe Reader, Kindle, nook, and the like. Read it and enjoy. You can find it in the Roleplaying sub-forum in the Timeline thread by Mynd. Some of the written trailers and cinematics will jerk your tears too.

From the archives at NET-7 SOL, this is the Pakkrat.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Couldn't vote, but I played in the original post-beta as a JE named Daedala.  Belonged to the Jenquai Organization (nobody disses my jennies!).  I got busy with life stuff before Sunset, so wasn't around for that. I just heard about this a couple of months ago and came back out of MMO retirement just for y'all.  :) Now I'm a JE named Ibis and a TE named Grue.  If anyone knew me on Live, feel free to say hi when you see me on.

• 3 weeks later...

Played on Orion server after picking up the game at walmart one day. Boy was i surprised when i started playing! Been hooked and in love ever since. Not sure exactly what it is about this particular game that keeps me interested, but there it is. Best community out of all the mmos i've ever played. Happy to be here  :D  

• 2 weeks later...

I was owner of FF tag on my ship playing on Pegasus. I went out of game before sunset to EVE beta and I do play EVE to present day closing 10 years. I did play E&B emu from ST2 then left again due to RL issues. I'm thinking about trying E&B emu again, because this game was my true 1st MMO love.

• 3 weeks later...

Yep - a bit of nostalgia for the players during the "Christmas Event"  - does anyone rememeber the modified music in the shopkeep area? I tried to find the MP3 long ago during the event and couldn't, it'd be something cool to hear again. I think it was Jingle Bells... hahaha