Star Wars Sold To Disney

Yup, Georgie Lucas made no bones about the fact that he was 100% Done with the Star Wars films from now on. Damn, he's been doing those films for most of his adult life. Yet, there is still a massive, global, knee-jerk market out there for anything StarWars....so, the logical thing to do is SELL OUT!. Since Lucas was smart enough to form his own companies and not trade them publicly.....the check from Disney for $4 BILLION went directly into George Lucas' pocket. WOW. (2 Billion in CASH & 2 BILLION in Disney stock). Disney (if they play their cards right), will milk these tits till the cows come home....Toys, Rides, games, clothing, peripherals, and an announcement already that they have 3 more Star Wars films already on the books to come out every 2 years. If wildly successful for Disney, Lucas' 2 BILLION in Disney stock will double and triple. Edited by drjeff

I have to say that i'm [b]VERY[/b] fine with this decision Lucas made.
There is no better choice than Disney imho.

People posting in the net asking/saying if "Darth Mouse" is the new lord now - they have [b]NO[/b] clue at all.
Its not about the studio, its always about the crew working on a movie. And since Disyney everything all right the last decades, im pretty sure they will be smart enough to hire the people that were already successfully working on the other StarWars movies.

They have huge ressources: ILM (also part of the deal), Pixar and pockets [b]FULL[/b] of money!

I'm very convinced the new movies will be at least the same awesomeness like 4-6 (the original ones).

[quote name='Blattu' timestamp='1351882284' post='64972']
wooot!
the little mermaid strikes back
[/quote]
No he didn't! Someone smack him. But that was Good ! :P

We might see something of the Star Wars and Pixar in the works, that would be cool.
"Return of the Wall-E". (I had to try :D )

@ Terrell, Carrie Fisher may play the part of Jabba The Hut this time around.
She was on a weight lose streak but she succumb to the doughnut.

I wouldnt mind a SW movie made by Disney/Pixar, even an animated/CGI would be fine. The issue is storyline and canon. I am an old school star wars nerd, bordering on fanatic. I played SWG for 8 years and maintain a massive collection of merchandise. The last thing I want to see is the seriousness and space opera flavor replaced by cartoony/fantasy adventure/love story.

That is the only thing that worries me, honestly. SW is meant to be epic on top of epic.

Heard the rumor that there will be more episodes (like 7+) dunno if it is true or not just a rumor. I know in the books things get quite complicated after episode 6. Even Harrison Ford may be playing the role of Han Solo again (depending on the script and director). Edited by shadowxsx

[quote name='Terrell' timestamp='1352745646' post='65851']
Wouldn't the original actors from Episodes 4-6 be a bit old to play their old roles? Remember episode IV came out in 1977.
[/quote]

When lucas planned the original 9 movies, the last trilogy was supposed to be 20 or so years after return of the jedi....So yeah they may be a little older than he planned, but makeup and effects can hide age quite a bit