Windows 8 Issues

So I upgraded a machine to Windows 8 and tried to install EnB. I couldn't use the installer as it generated an error about calling an invalid script. So I copied over the EA Games directory from another computer and installed N7 (No issues with that I might add). Everything is working fine, almost. I can't get the resolution over 800x600 windowed..... Tried all of the configs and they are set to max res. No go.

Any suggestions? I can't seem to find the config file the game refers to so that I can manually set the options.

[quote name='Spaceninja' timestamp='1351368253' post='64709']
Any suggestions? I can't seem to find the config file the game refers to so that I can manually set the options.
[/quote]config is kept in effective user registry

I feel for ya Spaceninja.
I installed Win 8 yesterday morning, and restored an image of Win7 yesterday afternoon. Clunky to use, drab pastel colors for everything, yuk. User friendliness was forgotten when they made it.
I think this will be one of MS failures, but who knows.

i did buy the upgrade for 60 bucks from amazon to win 8 pro ...amazon had a deal where you got a $30 gift card if you bought it before the launch date...so for $30 what the heck i figured i'd mess with it ( i have stuff i was planning on buying from Amazon this month anyway so it is a wash).. Ill put i .on a spare 500gb laptop drive i have around here i can put on my win7 machine p500 st-6844 toshiba..for $30 i was curious..

but a curious Searing is a terrible thing (ask the devs and tienbau) ....so i'm sure it will be an interesting experience...but no...it is gonna go safely on to a spare hd for this experiment.........stretch my dubious blowing up computers/servers/os's.....skills beyond the enb server to new higher vistas (er..bad pun) ..

(somewhat concerned does Microsoft have hit men for when trash their new OS into oblivion?)

anyway here is the link for the start menu supposed revamp etc of win 8

[url="http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2012/10/pokki-brings-the-start-menu-back-to-windows-8/"]http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2012/10/pokki-brings-the-start-menu-back-to-windows-8/[/url]

if the link don't work it is called pokki

anyway not sure if this is any help ....but i too assume it is gonna be a dud.....win 8 that is.....my install however will work flawlessly right guys?

but what do i know?

my 2c worth

Searing

I'm not sure which version of Windows 8 you're using or if it's logical for you to format/reinstall back to 7. But in the Pro version of 8 you get Hyper-v client which would allow you to create a virtual machine of 7. Hyper-V is pretty bad ass once you start getting familiar with it. Not an ideal solution, but it at least gets you a way to run the game in 7 without a lot of mess to reinstall everything.

• 1 month later...
I enjoy windows 8, EnB runs great on it, There are lots of apps that add the start button and let you skip the startup screen, I use the one from iObit.com,

If you can't speend a couple days working with it, I bet you were a fun guy to date for the girls LOL

yeah i am experimenting with windows 8 on another partiton (dual boot) it sucks..but kinda like a horror movie i go back to it and find more details that suck as i look at it more...kinda a sucky spiral...
anyway i use the classic shell app ....just google it...it seems to help somewhat but still kinda clunky

anyway for those who did the full upgrade or have a new laptop and can't go back try classic shell...you don't like it just kill it in program removal

my 2c worth

Searing

Game works wonderful on Win 8 (I set it to win 7 compatibility). After my initial install where i had problems with mission assets, I uninstalled and re-installed and all my problems went away, The only issue i have is I don't have a disable mouse lock option appearing on the net-7 launcher so i have to alt-tab to go to browser, other that that it is nice game runs more smoothly in W8.