Halloween Event 2012

Hi there,

This year is there going to be a Halloween Event implanted into the game sometime as it was either last year or the year before were you have to go around to 20+ locations in the EnB Universe and do these missions to gain some SP and 2 devices?

Thanks
Malthizor

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='montecarlo' timestamp='1351931905' post='64999']
Well I think it's over and what a sad affair it was, It would be nice to have the old way back again but I think it wont happen !!
[/quote]

You know, its not that I usually react to this kind of thing, but knowing who worked on the little halloween event that happened this year, and that he did it because no one else had the time to...

Im sorry but when 3/4 of the DEV team is tied up in other projects or MIA atm, there isnt a whole lot that can be done. Word on the street was we werent even going to do one this year because we didnt have anyone to do it. So be thankful you got what you did, honestly.

Not the kind of post I like to wake up to at 515 am, but it is what it is, and as one of the content developers, I am insulted. Im sorry we cant keep up with your expectations, i mean its not like we are paid for what we do or anything.

Like I said, I dont normally react to this sort of garbage, but I know how busy the DEV that did this year's halloween event has been, and really, you have no right to be coming on here and downing his efforts.

Would you like me to stop playing the game ? I meant no offence It was just sad to me. those that didnt get a chunker will be pumbled by those who did hehe

I was a beta tester before live beta #6 Edited by montecarlo

[quote name='montecarlo' timestamp='1351960148' post='65012']
Would you like me to stop playing the game ? I meant no offence It was just sad to me. those that didnt get a chunker will be pumbled by those who did hehe

I was a beta tester before live beta #6
[/quote]

Don't worry about it, you will likely be able to get one in the future.

The game is still in Beta, it's likely that everyone will have to start fresh when Beta is over, and the game is ready for live. An LDev would have to confirm that though.

Even though I logged on too late to get in on the Halloween event, I heard the dev was doing it for hours. It had to be spawned manually, which means someone had to sit there and make it happen for folks to enjoy. It's not like there is a huge crew working on this thats getting paid huge salaries, they donate their time and skills to make this game come back to life.

Kudos Devs for your efforts on the Halloween thing, you know it's appreciated by the majority of the playerbase. :)

Guys I'm not putting anyone down, and I applaud the effort these guys are doing, It just seems that the mission would have been a lot simpler to code, than have a Dev sitting doing this stuff for all of us. But who ever did do this I raise my shield to you !!

I was crabby and tired when I was in this thread last. I literally hadnt even finished my first coffee yet when I saw it.

Frankly I wasnt even particularly angry, more like felt a sense of unappreciation or hurt. I did speak to the guy who worked on the event, and he said it wasnt a big deal, people complained in game as well. But as someone who has been part of the community myself for the last several years, and only recently seeing it from this side of the project, cut some slack guys, its more work than it looks.

Thats really all there was to it. Believe it or not, everything thats worked on or changed or added is a serious bit of mind numbing grindwork. Thank god I am not an actual C++ coder myself, what those guys do blows my mind completely. So no, dont stop playing dude, just chill a bit... its not as simple always as it might seem.