Mah-Jongg Tile Ii, V, Vi

[quote name='Zackman' timestamp='1350980318' post='64552']
Yeah, currently no use - but i think they are supposed to give RD faction? Or was it the "figurine" (supposed to) giving faction on turn in?
[/quote]

Now there is an idea!! "Half eaten spacesuits" for the RD leader to give you faction, FTW!

Especially now that BBW access is now +2000....

I think these are merely junk loot to be vendored. You can get RD faction by doing jobs now, as well as killing Chavez, and some other factioned mobs. The downside of doing jobs for faction, is that it's a slow way to do it, the upside is that you can raise faction without hurting other factions.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Temporery
According to the patch notes,
Added: Mah-jongg has become so popular that a certain pirate seems to be offering factional rewards for the tiles.

I'm saving mine hoping to get a little closer to that +2k.

• 3 weeks later...
The NPC in GO's lounge takes the tiles, he takes them in stacks according to level, (so all of L2, then all of L3 etc.) and "puts in a good word with RD" i.e. RD faction.

The return rate however IMO is paltry:

He gives in faction to the tiles lvl. I.E. a L2 tile gives 2 RD faction, a L9 tile gives 9 faction. You are going to have to trade huge stacks and stacks of tiles to get any sugnificant gain in RD faction.

Considering how long it takes to find and save tiles (and how much storage is took up) vs. a chavez or sharim kill, the kill is much more efficient time wise and there is loot! :)

I might save tiles on a alt toon and stockpile them, and say the 6th + toon might gain some use from them....but really IMO I'd rather the vendor credits now for my use than the later rep 5 months from now.

The gene maps are a joke now as well. You know what you get for a L9 gene map? 20 rep with centriata/sabine and 150 trade xp. Thats it. Considering how few and far between a L9 map drops, whats the point? I know old live/new live..but do you know what you got for a "old live" L9 gene map? 2+m credits and sabine rep. I can do loads more with 2m credits than a piddly 20 rep/150 Txp :)

Don't get me wrong, it's nice that there is a actual option now to use the tiles for more than vendor trash for those that wish to do so, also the gene maps. But in this fellows opinion the "other use" isn't worth the effort...

No, I'm still going be be vendoring the tiles like before, and be seeking the partially digested suits for the faction boost over any lame gene maps, at the gene maps exchange rate I'll save the hull/vault space for only the highest levels, I need the hold space for actually usable loot.
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='Mattsacre' timestamp='1354380248' post='67642']

No, I'm still going be be vendoring the tiles like before, and be seeking the partially digested suits for the faction boost over any lame gene maps, at the gene maps exchange rate I'll save the hull/vault space for only the highest levels, I need the hold space for actually usable loot.
[/quote]

Now you did it, you mentioned the suits, they will be nerfed now also. :D

[quote name='Harros' timestamp='1354391369' post='67659']
The tiles give far more rep than just the level they are. I know 8's give 20 and I think 9's give 50 plus credits. A few days of mining is easy RD faction without the negative impact to Chavez. Tiles are fine.
[/quote]
I didnt notice any increase on the 8s and 9s I traded, nor the credits...i'll have to look closer next time i have some and test that...but what I said before I feel still holds true...even at 20 rep for a 8 or say 50 for a 9? I can..even with a low miner kill dozens of chavez or sharim in the time it takes to find a L2 tile let alone a L8 or L9. Which is more effiecent...doz @2+ rep in minutes or 1x L8 tile every half hour or so? oh, and don't forget the loot..potential recipes, credits and trade xp.

I'm not knocking it, different strokes, different folks..just telling folks the low down info.

Hey maybe there is a graduating rep gain..what was your rep at the time you traded the tiles? Perhaps you get more rep per tile if they already like you or are neutral...

My rep was around dead 0 when I started turning them in. I had plenty of tiles to hit 2000 from visiting hulk fields farming for device maps over a couple days. You also need to remember that turning in tiles has zero negative impact on any other aspect of the game. Killing Chavez and player factions is causing a standing loss. Devs have started multiple times that Chavez will have content for players with good faction in the future.

Low risk, low reward verses high risk, high reward: Seems fair to me. Edited by Harros

[quote name='Harros' timestamp='1354771659' post='68147']
My rep was around dead 0 when I started turning them in. I had plenty of tiles to hit 2000 from visiting hulk fields farming for device maps over a couple days. You also need to remember that turning in tiles has zero negative impact on any other aspect of the game. Killing Chavez and player factions is causing a standing loss. Devs have started multiple times that Chavez will have content for players with good faction in the future.

Low risk, low reward verses high risk, high reward: Seems fair to me.
[/quote]

I like this in fhis fashion too. Currently looking for a way to raise Chavez faction without hurting RD. Not only for Chavez content, but there are likely orefields that may be guarded by Chavez, neutral faction with them, means I don't have to fight them when mining.

• 4 weeks later...

< wants to know about this partially digested turn in spot?

1) manes essence = OMP and gives credits and little trade xp....nothing lucratice but also gives faction to infinity.

2) we have tiles for rd faction at GO

3) we have gene maps for pw/sabine faction......yes it really should be revisited to make it more worthwhile to bother with.

4) brawns turn in at TF  but i forget the faction if any.

5) there is some kind of turn in at chernevog but its only pointed to some freespacers in jutenheim  not sure if other stuff can be turned in?

so any other faction loot / item turn ins anywhere?

Unless it has been changed New Live (tm) brwn turn in at TF was just credit/EL , it was the only EL turn in Old Live (tm).

Some of the factional repeat missions have turn ins, collegia has one with a 1 hr. cool down to stop exploit, but thats a fetch from vendor not a loot drop turn in. Don't know if there are other turn ins other than that, at some point they need missions for glenn or chavez or a drop item for faction fixing.

Edited by Mattsacre