A General Observation

I have noticed lately that there is a lot of unneccessary, inappropriate chat going on in the new player chat, while there has been no foul language some of the topics being discussed do not belong in public chat. I have gotten to the point of shutting off the new player chat, which I don't like to do in case a new player actually needs assistance. This mostly happens late night, & I think alot of the players feel that since it is late night, it is ok to use the public chats for this kind of discussions. Don't get me wrong, some friendly chatter is fine, but sometimes these folks get a little carried away, & it goes on for hours. It is just annoying. Maybe they could show some restraint & take it to OOC or a private channel.

Please do me a favor & don't flame this, I am just making an obsevation, & stating my opinion & don't want to offend anyone.

Thank you

[quote name='dragonrose' timestamp='1350801977' post='64478']
Please do me a favor & don't flame this, I am just making an obsevation, & stating my opinion & don't want to offend anyone.
Thank you
[/quote]

Noted, I do the same, switch off new player, but keep an eye on market

I'll be the first to admit that I'm as guilty as anyone else. I was kind of wondering about that myself, but since it was my 3rd day, I just kind of followed the example. Lame excuse, I know.

I'll keep this in mind. Thanks for the gentle and appropriate thought/reminder. ^_^

Ahem, I hereby propose an "After Party" chat channel for all those late night club-hoppers. Hosted by the man with the master-plan..DJ Peakah. Party-on til the break of dawn. Last call for DRINKS!!! :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
Guys, gals, undecides, & others

We are a small community here in Earth & Beyond emulator.

I realize that we all come from different countries/time zones/backgrounds/all walks of life. We all have our interests outside of Enb.

I dont mean at all to condemn or berate anyone by what I'm about to say. So please domt take it as a personal affront.
But it seems to me we use new player & market chat to talk about everything EXCEPT market biz & helping new players.
general rule of thumb. If the conversation lasts over 5 mins, move it out of channel. To OOC, General, Private, whereever.

Sometimes we dont have the same interests you do, so be respectful to us. Take it to another channel. I fully respect your right to speak as you will, I cannot/will not say you aremt entitled to your own opinion about anything.

Just leave the rest of us out of it; espcialy in an open channel like New player or Market.

ty for your time :)

Peak

Personally, I think there are too many chat channels (since everyone is so serious about this). This is what is causing the problems/issues. New player chat is being utilized as General chat....this is true. I'm thinking that there there should only be:
1) General Chat Channel
2) Out of Context Chat Channel
3) Market Chat Channel
4) Explorer Help Chat Channel
5) Warrior Help Chat Channel
6) Trader Help Chat Channel
7) Private Chat Channel

Get rid of the New Player Chat and the other chat channels....not needed imo. If new people are literate enough to go to New Player Chat for help, then they should be literate enough and have the common sense to go to the proper chat channel for help (channels 4, 5, and 6) in regard to the player's chosen class. With the channels set up this way it pretty much pushes everyone into making General Chat their "home chat". For the truly outrageous statements or non-enb material there still is the OoC where teh Riddick dwells (he lives there)...don't worry, he doesn't bite. :P

Anyhow, this is just a suggestion/opinion.

[quote name='Peakahboo' timestamp='1351588484' post='64804']

But it seems to me we use new player & market chat to talk about everything EXCEPT market biz & helping new players.

[/quote]

IMO, this is due to several factors.
There are few 'n00bs', so their Q's arent flooding the chat like it did in live.
The number of people who build their own equipt, or have it built in guild are far more numerous here than in live, so their req's arent flooding the chat.
There is more of a community feeling now than in live, easy to have a good chat and after all, the chat is generaly quiet without the above

I long for those days when the market chat flowed with offers and counter offers, but banning idle chat wont bring those days back

[quote name='Red' timestamp='1351651534' post='64838']
IMO, this is due to several factors.
There are few 'n00bs', so their Q's arent flooding the chat like it did in live.
The number of people who build their own equipt, or have it built in guild are far more numerous here than in live, so their req's arent flooding the chat.
There is more of a community feeling now than in live, easy to have a good chat and after all, the chat is generaly quiet without the above

I long for those days when the market chat flowed with offers and counter offers, but banning idle chat wont bring those days back
[/quote]

I must say some of the ensuing arguments that took place in those channels were entertaining and quite hilarious at times. :lol: