Newbie Skill Point And Tradeskill Question

Hi everyone. I'm about to give the game a shot (tried about a year ago but had some real life distractions), and while I'm downloading everything I've been doodling with the skill planner. There's a section to assign bonus skill points, and it's been so long since I played the original release, I don't remember these. How do you get bonus points? I have some vague idea that getting to lvl 150 and continuing to earn experience from there gives skill points, but I have no idea where I picked up that notion or if it's correct.

I also remember that Jenquai couldn't use or build Progen gear and vice versa. With the Build Components tradeskill, are there any components that are considered Jenquai or Progen tech?

I appreciate any information, I'm very excited to get back into EnB after all these years.

You get one skill point for level 1-19 per pool, 2 skill points for 20-39 per pool, and 3 for 40-50 per pool

When you reach 50 in any pool the XP overflows into the other two until they reach 50 (same with 2 being full and the xp overflowing into the last one)

At overall level 150 your pools reset to zero and gain XP at the rate it took to get from 49 - 50, and each time you ding them, 1 sp.

Bonus SP are the points you gain from overdings (post-150 levels) and the occasional mission that awards skill points. Missions that reward skill points are relatively rare, The Elfman triplets awarded SP for completion of the Christmas mission last year.

The classes vary in how many overdings are required to max everything. Currently the Terran Scout requires the fewest, followed by the Progen Privateer, then the Jenquai Seeker. The Sentinel & Enforcer tie for next, followed by the TT and JE, with the Progen Warrior & Jenquai Defender tied for the most sp required.

Components are not racially restricted, so all 3 traders can build all manufacturable components provided they have raised their skill sufficently & have the component mapped.

I haven't noticed racial restrictions on ammo as of yet, I don't know if that will be implemented, since Traders can build & sell ammo to Explorers (particularily the Scout & Sentinel) who use weapons which require ammo, but cannot build their own. Racial restrictions do apply to the Progen & Jenquai, same as live otherwise.

If you wish to build Reactors, the Progen Privateer & Jenquai Seeker both have the skill to do so with Negotiate 5. The JE of course can also build reactors, but without negotiate or build comps. If you wish to use a Scout, Seeker, or Privateer, you will need to install the Character & Starship Creator, and follow the instructions [url="https://forum.enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/7262-how-to-create-the-3-new-classes-npc-skins/"]here[/url].