Beyond "read First" - Trouble Connecting Via Launchnet7

Hi guys and gals,

After spending close to an hour perusing the forums (I'm a moderator on another site - I know how it goes), I've had to throw up my hands trying to login through LaunchNet7. So, according to the last thread I read, it seems I need additional help.

After the 2nd (very long) round of updates, I wound up with some kind of .NET error. I 'Coninue'd that, and it didn't seem like anything broke.

Each host server checks out as 'OFFLINE', but the Net-7 site says the server(s) is up with 101 online at the time I'm writing this.

When I clicked the update status bar at the bottom, it gave 2 separate 404 errors. I turned debug launch on, and it says this:

[font=courier new,courier,monospace]WorkingDir: F:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Earth & Beyond\Net-7\bin[/font]
[font=courier new,courier,monospace]File Name:F:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Earth & Beyond\Net-7\bin\Net7Proxy.exe[/font]
[font=courier new,courier,monospace]Params:/ADDRESS:74.208.132.71[/font]
[font=courier new,courier,monospace]/CLIENT:"F:\PROGRA~1\EAGAME~1\EARTH&~1\release\client.exe" /LC /SSL:443[/font]
[font=courier new,courier,monospace]/DEBUG /SP[/font]

I'm am on a LAN. My modem/router is downstairs in the main house, tied to a switch in my upstairs apartment. The IP listed on the Net7Launch is my local 192.168.0.2.

I've opened port 443 for every EnB executable. Do I need to do a port forward or something on my modem?

I played EnB for quite a while about 8 years ago (but I got to the point to where I could no longer pony up the monthly fee), and I have to say it's in my top 2 fave games ever, FF7 being the other one. :)

So, whatever help is muchly appreciated. If I've missed something in the forums, I apologize very much. Thanks in advance! Looking forward.

Best,
Mizagorn

EDIT: Oh, and then a command prompt comes up with:

[font=courier new,courier,monospace]F:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Earth & Beyond\Net-7\bin>cd "F:\Program Files\EA GAMES
\Earth & Beyond\Net-7\bin"

F:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Earth & Beyond\Net-7\bin>"F:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Ea
rth & Beyond\Net-7\bin\Net7Proxy.exe" /ADDRESS:74.208.132.71 /CLIENT:"F:\PROGRA~
1\EAGAME~1\EARTH&~1\release\client.exe" /LC /SSL:443 /DEBUGL /SP[/font]

[font=courier new,courier,monospace][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]And then a popup window:[/font][/font]
|Net7Proxy| Server Failed to respond to Login attempt <OK> Edited by Mizagorn

I believe the /ADDRESS parameter should be:
/ADDRESS:74.208.[color=#ffa07a]192.215[/color]

Check that the Host dropdown is set to "sunrise.net-7.org".

[b]Edit: [/b]After looking into it, you are trying to connect to the (closed) Public Test Realm. (ptr.net-7.org).

Change the Host dropdown to "sunrise.net-7.org" and you should be good to log in.

[quote name='Spacemat' timestamp='1350425625' post='64359']
I believe the /ADDRESS parameter should be:
/ADDRESS:74.208.[color=#ffa07a]192.215[/color]

Check that the Host dropdown is set to "sunrise.net-7.org".

[b]Edit: [/b]After looking into it, you are trying to connect to the (closed) Public Test Realm. (ptr.net-7.org).

Change the Host dropdown to "sunrise.net-7.org" and you should be good to log in.
[/quote]
Spacemat, thanks very much for your reply!

Actually, I tried all 3 of the servers listed and got the same response (all offline [i]edit: and with the same messages just different /ADDRESS IP[/i]). And since I've cleared updates twice, I now have 3 sets of 3 servers. But I saw somewhere else how to fix that.

Also, I assume you are speaking of the launch.bat file. It does have the /ADDRESS:74.208.192.215 parameter in it.

So, unfortunately neither of those tips help, it would appear. But thanks again for taking the time to reply. Edited by Mizagorn

We have a daily DNS issue occurring with IIS and DNS around MIdnight US EST. If this is when you were trying to login it could have been the cause. Outside of that give me a few screenshots of your launcher page before you click play and we'll work from there.

[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1350431467' post='64367']Outside of that give me a few screenshots of your launcher page before you click play and we'll work from there.
[/quote]
Thank you, Kyp. I have tried throughout the day, just in case.

Here are some screenshots... launcher, error window (after clicking <Play>), DOS window, and final popup dialog.

[img]https://dl.dropbox.com/s/m1c4y15neew1svm/LaunchNet7v1.9.png[/img]
[img]https://dl.dropbox.com/s/ltv44yk1pmm2n3a/Debug%20Launch_2012-10-16_20-33-41.png[/img]
[img]https://dl.dropbox.com/s/tef8hw5fhxdk5wh/CWindowssystem32cmd.png[/img]
[img]https://dl.dropbox.com/s/ru0thi3rpqhbzn2/Net7Proxy_2012-10-16_20-35-13.png[/img]

The Debug checkboxes don't seem to matter, which seems natural since they would surely be activated only if there needed to be some debugging.

Thanks again. I now it's harder to get the motivation to help someone when they don't express any kind of appreciation. :)

[quote name='Kyp' timestamp='1350443448' post='64379']
Uncheck Local Cert first off, try that and let me know the result.
[/quote]
Same thing over the last couple of days, Kyp. Sorry. I've tried every configuration of checkboxes I can think of on the launcher.

But for now it looks like Net-7 (the portal?) is down for the moment...

Thanks.

Do you have Upnp turned on in your router config ? If not, turn it on.

Also, how many IP's do you have in the "Local Ip" dropdown ? If you have 2+ make sure you select the IP that is on the Internet range.
(I have Wireless for internet and Wired for local network) I have to select the wireless IP range.

Open the command prompt and "Ping" sunrise.net-7.org and let us know if you get a response or timeout.

[quote name='Spacemat' timestamp='1350453123' post='64383']
The portal goes down around midnight (EST) every day.
It's almost always back up by 1:30 AM.

Do you know of something (a firewall, etc) that could be blocking the connection?
[/quote]
Understood, thanks. I'm using Windows firewall, with 3 entries for allowing EnB: Port 443/TCP with scope of any computer, a 2nd entry for scope any computer for e&b.exe, and a third for scope any computer E&BConfig.exe. Makes me think I might need to add the launcher executable... ? I'll try that.

[quote name='Shaddex' timestamp='1350474988' post='64387']
Do you have Upnp turned on in your router config ? If not, turn it on.

Also, how many IP's do you have in the "Local Ip" dropdown ? If you have 2+ make sure you select the IP that is on the Internet range.
(I have Wireless for internet and Wired for local network) I have to select the wireless IP range.

Open the command prompt and "Ping" sunrise.net-7.org and let us know if you get a response or timeout.
[/quote]
uPnP turned on.. has been the whole time.

Just my local IP in the dropdown. Maybe that's it?

Ping to sunrise is good - 4 attempts, 71 ms average time.

Thanks for the suggestions. :)

[quote name='Lobevaser' timestamp='1350482010' post='64388']
please try use packet optimiztion and prototype reorder , uncheck local cert , debug and lock port

just a idea can you logon to the EMU's Teamspeak ?
[/quote]
Hey Lobevaser, I've tried with all unchecked, all checked, and all combinations in between.

I'm guessing teamspeak is a chat util or something? But I don't know where to get to it.

I'm going to revisit my modem. I just don't see where there's an issue with the launcher after all y'alls ideas and my exploration of the ini and cfg files...

Thanks!

OK, my heart rate is like 190 right now...

Y'all can slap me with a wet fish, if you want (several in fact!). Turned off the firewall on my MODEM (it was allowing https port 443, but not http I guess), and bang. There I am. :)

So very sorry but also very much obliged for the time, effort and thought each of you spent on this "issue". I guess I was the one with the issue lol, I should've known. :huh:

Super excited to get going; been thinking about the game off and on for ~8 years. I had just bought a new vid card a few days ago (learned how to overclock it as well - but don't get wow'd, it's just a crap nVidia GT520, but 100x better than the 5 yr old onboard vid I had before), and I'm running very well at highest settings, so that was good timing.

Thanks again, everyone. Looking forward to chatting under better circumstances!

[quote name='Spacemat' timestamp='1350514488' post='64398']
Very happy to hear you got it sorted, I'll see you in-game (hopefully!)
[/quote]
Thanks Spacemat! I'm running now... at first it hung after the avatar and ship config (twice) and I restarted, but I remembered that I had modded one of the config files (changed an IP). I was wondering why I wasn't hearing anything during the process. Then it never would start the game.

Anywho, I'm now at level 1 combat. woo hoo! :P

Much obliged to all of you for being helpful and friendly.