We got to discussing this last night in the market.

The guild rotation days need to be changed.

This was the second time in 3 weeks we didn't get a guild day raid due to non spawning bosses.

The problem as most of it saw it was because VGE does there guild day late after 9pm est and with the timers being either 24 +-12 or 30 +-6 were effectively cut out of the raids.

Since my guild does raids early in the day (10-4 est) I would propose a change of days.

If we leave VGE monday I propose making tuesday a FFA day and move the raid rotation back 1 day for the other 3 guilds.

Builders will go wednesday static thursdays phoenix fridays.

If we want to keep the same FFA days then either we need to go first and probably miss the troller spawns due to non guilded members killing him. ( and I'm all right with that) and the tuesday guild needs to be afternoonish and they wednesday guild needs to be an evening guild a split day then the fouth guild gets friday. It's the only way I can think to solve the problem.

Were tentatively planning a guild meeting friday night Oct 5th 9pm ish est. BI Static and VGE Know about it.

Sat/sun might be a better day. We shall see

Prrekoorb suggested I post this so we can get all 4 guilds involved.

If you have thoughts or ideas Please post them here and bring them to the meeting friday.

I agree that we should get all guilds together. And see at what time they like to do it the most. So we dont get in rotations where some guilds may get cut out or not have players online to do the raids. But those days shall remain during workdays. That way there wont be weekend population advantage ;)

Well i can certainly understand where this is coming from.
Tuesday FFA or even VGE moved to the end of the rotation are acceptable to me but i don't know if the rest of my guild members can do with a day change.

Yep, I agree that something should probably change with the rota. Not so good if raid timings means that your guild's raid day is pretty much guaranteed to be a non-raid day, so a bit of a shuffle would be handy. Shouldn't be too hard to sort the ordering, now that we've got a good idea of what time of day most guilds carry out their raids.

Count me in for the vote for change :)

Magoo, I understand your plight, do you understand ours ? Sunday free for all day has left us w/o spawn as well on Monday nights. There were times when we went WEEKS (Mondays) w/o a spawn. Sometimes due to server restarts, but mostly
due to the timing of the Sunday GoBB raid. Then there is the whole ordeal with the JD's (not me) that were leveled up w/o guild tags JUST to kill GoBB on ANY day they chose. Pretty sure that was felt by all guilds raiding.
In my opinion, asking all the other guilds to make a change so your guild can do the GoBB raid, should be the last option presented. Perhaps one other guild could work in your spot, and yours in theirs ? IF that has already been offered and declined, then proceed to get an agreement for a complete rearrange from all guilds. If our day changes it may leave us w/o enough players to do the raids, for me that is not acceptable.

Why not BI move to friday and leave the rest alone? The main problem here is 1 person is killing the troller, (NOT 1 GUILD). He feels he is entilted to do this and it ruins the riad for everyone else. I for one will not vote to move Statics day. Sorry!

[quote name='Lunatic_Fringe' timestamp='1349287188' post='64034']
Magoo, I understand your plight, do you understand ours ? Sunday free for all day has left us w/o spawn as well on Monday nights. There were times when we went WEEKS (Mondays) w/o a spawn. Sometimes due to server restarts, but mostly
due to the timing of the Sunday GoBB raid. Then there is the whole ordeal with the JD's (not me) that were leveled up w/o guild tags JUST to kill GoBB on ANY day they chose. Pretty sure that was felt by all guilds raiding.
In my opinion, asking all the other guilds to make a change so your guild can do the GoBB raid, should be the last option presented. Perhaps one other guild could work in your spot, and yours in theirs ? IF that has already been offered and declined, then proceed to get an agreement for a complete rearrange from all guilds. If our day changes it may leave us w/o enough players to do the raids, for me that is not acceptable.
[/quote]

If we want to keep the same FFA days then either we need to go first and probably miss the troller spawns due to non guilded members killing him. ( and I'm all right with that) and the tuesday guild needs to be afternoonish and they wednesday guild needs to be an evening guild a split day then the fouth guild gets friday. It's the only way I can think to solve the problem.

Luna you missed the point this is the second time in 3 weeks we didn't get a spawn..Any spawn.
You do remember why the days were enacted it was to keep my guild from killing the bosses while you guys were at work..
We could go back to anarchy and do that again.. I know kenu would enjoy some guild wars and bloodshed..

I think at this early stage of discussions, dropping 'not acceptable' into the posts isn't very helpful. We can find a compromise to fit most of everyone's needs, but all need to be open minded. This is an early discussion of what could work for the server as a whole.

A couple of points come to mind:
[list=1]
[*]If there are server resets and such like - any changes may not be the solution (as the boss may not spawn due to reset etc.).
[*]If there's a problem with 'non guild tagged peeps killing at will' - then again, guilds or FFa may miss their spawn [whether this occurs or not who knows]
[/list]
This leads me to the open discussion for the devs who (I seem to remember) briefly talked about boss/raid triggers rather than timed encounter respawns. So possible solutions to be discussed/considered (hopefully with Devs or someone from the dev community):[list]
[*]Swap of guild days as in Magoo's post (in my mind this needs to be all guilds agreeing otherwise it'll be a shambles with guilds wanting to return to their original date if the spawn doesn't show). Seems sensible as it deals with 'server restart' and 'longer spawn timers due to prior kill being late'.
[*]Implement a dynamic guild schedule (perhaps post each month in advance) to deal with system related non-boss spawns [but I don't think this is very efficient!]
[*]Possibility of Devs increasing spawn rate or at least ensuring that a spawn occurs on raid days
[*]dev's implementing a trigger mechanism for spawns so that raids can be held when needed
[*]Keep the current fixed schedule
[*]Do we need to go by a calendar week for the rotation?- if there's so much variation in boss timer then maybe a 2 or 3 day window for each guild would help? I agree that everyone wants a particular day to camp/raid - but if you've got 2/3 days then perhaps that makes easier to schedule.
[/list]

Other ideas [other than sharding the boss spawns so you can get multiple spawns!]?

The devs can always fix the spawns so that 1 uber JD can go back to solo killing the Bosses ....... then it wont matter what day we decide on .

TBH there was days that no " BOSS " spawned at all and we just carried on .. i figured by now most players on the server has what ever the boss's drop by now .

It's the new players that is getting " Screwed " here since they dont have the fraction to even get into BBW . Did anyone think of them ???

Yes more Boss raid's are in the works , but i think we need to take time and get more players to comment on this .

thank you .

This is just my opinion , and not the guilds . From what i can tell none of the other guilds ( including VGE ) are happy about moving thier day . So i would agree with Canman and have/let BI move to fridays and see how that works for them. You will never guarantee a boss will spawn due to factors such as restarts/lonewolfs/timers etc (lonewolfs and un-guilded groups are allowed to do what they want , you cant tell them not to but can ask that they show community spirit and respect guild raid days. If they dont ? well its only a game :) )

It may be an idea to look into making Gobb and Controller 'activated' spawns then everyone would have to work for a spawn on thier guild raid days . But make the trigger a challange to get, keep us busy lol .

I do hope this post does not offend anyone , and again i stress this is not the opinion of VGE as a Guild as we have not had a meeting yet .

Thankyou , Prre

The daily rota thing is not really working out, tbh.

If one guild gets the kill then the chances are that the next guild will not see a spawn because the RNG decides the next spawn will be > 24 hours. There are single players multi-boxing the raids the GMs need to deal with that please.

A way forward may be to more closely integrate co-ordination and be more dynamic with the rota.

For example there may be opportunities to kill a GOBB spawn for one guild when others cannot attempt the kill, that guild could get the kill achieved and then stay out of it until the other guilds all have their kill. Then once each guild has a kill then three days of FFA and begin again. It may be that the whole cycle including FFA days may end up taking more than seven days to complete. Close integration will be the key without it either stick with current plan or go completely FFA.

There is a solution to resolve the raid problem: [u]activated raid spawns (or ARS)[/u].

ARS has always worked well for the fish bowl. Raids can be run on demand the bottleneck is gathering the components for the raid device. ARS are a fair and right way to offer access to raids for the whole community.

The AV raid is an ARS but the MPP spawn method leads to spawn camping - could be improved upon. The timer on the AV needs reducing to perhaps 4 hours. Two MPP spawns into one AV spawn in the same period of time does not work.

I agree with Prre's statement on first assessment, hadn't heard anything about other folks not getting a spawn other than obvious reasons, restarts etc.

Also, TYVM Dark, been sorely needed for a while. :)

I do not see how moving raid days would benefit anyone. Say we do what Magoo suggests, what's to say on FFA day Tuesday, the raid bosses do not get killed until late at night. Now you have the same problem for the Wednesday guild. To me things should stay as they are and we take our chances. The only real way would be to make the raids activated or change the timer to a straight 24hrs.

VGE also have the same problem on a Monday as Sunday is FFA (and if he dont show , oh well) , and straight 24 hrs does not work either unless everyone who wants to take part is aware at what time the previous kill was made.And then also that kill must be made to the convienience of the following guilds player availability(to reduce the risk of leaving it sat there to long for someone to pop it) the next day (taking time zones into consideration as well LOL) .So no matter which way you look at it there is always going to be someone who is not happy . The only conclusion is 'Activated'.

From what i understand the raids are being revamped , so i guess we need to wait and see what and how they are being changed. As for changing raid days , Static doesn't want to change days , Builders can change their day to Friday if they want . I think VGE and Static is happy with the days they have..

Yeah I agree completely with the day issue... As it has been stated VGE has gone weeks without almost all spawns on our day. I want to say the main reason has been because of server restarts the last month or so. Late kills on free for all Sunday played a big part mainly for GoBB. Since GoBB got see cloaked (and I like to thank the Dev's for finally giving him that) we have been able to get him almost every single Monday. Controller on the other hand is a different story. More often than not he doesn't spawn for us.

I'm open for discussions tomorrow(friday)
I'll be perfectly happy to have friday if that's what is decided altho part of me hopes you will bicker and fight and I green light the old ways again.
Did I mention I never liked days for guilds ....
Wouldn't take much for me to just say hell with it, kinda hoping you do argue and bicker about it.

[quote name='Tradermagoo' timestamp='1349416496' post='64075']
I'm open for discussions tomorrow(friday)
I'll be perfectly happy to have friday if that's what is decided altho part of me hopes you will bicker and fight and I green light the old ways again.
Did I mention I never liked days for guilds ....
Wouldn't take much for me to just say hell with it, kinda hoping you do argue and bicker about it.
[/quote]

Despite being a compromise the rota is still the better alternative to the open competition that went on before. I think we all have to wait and see what the revamp to raids brings us and until then would suggest making no changes.

[quote name='Rezwalker' timestamp='1349419456' post='64076']
F@$&Y&%$ Sry I scared so much I cant type
[/quote]

Introducing the player that is solo multi-boxing the controller spawn with four JDs!

Screen shot taken September 29th 2012 approx 1100 EST.

[url="http://lot.enbstatic.com/image/fazor.jpg"][img]http://lot.enbstatic.com/image/thumb/fazor.jpg[/img][/url]

On a FFA day, wheres the beef?

Oh and if they change things around and I cant do it with my 4 JDs I'll bring out 3 healers and 3 warriors, look at my sig, I got them, or even two groups if I have to, but its just so much more fun with 4 JDs, a few deaths is a small price to pay, if magoo threatens us and now static, somebody has to speak for the other 34 guilds on the server, when was the last time any of you 4 asked others to join the fun? Edited by Rezwalker