Sorry I killed the server.

I Agree with What your sayin AF_Vet and as one of the people stress testin the game i need my EnB fix to but if there is some sort of crash or downtime planned 12hrs+ for a reply or response is a lot of time for people to come up with things and speculate quite alot

im lookin forward to playing again asap just give us all some warning when stress test 4 is at hand

p.s. now i know who you are i will pm if i have any questions

Maybe a few community reps are needed?

not maybe...DEFINITELY. i for one do not need to be lectured about "speculating" or acting like a "10 year old" when the shear lack of information is astounding... people have been wondering for hours about what has happened and rightly so but you decide all of a sudden to jump on willy nilly and say that we should be ashamed of ourselves?! people are tryin to get up-to-date information and those who had potential insight posted what they had trying to help.

You sir need to take a step back and mind who youre lecturing and belittling. its not hard to post a 3 word explanation so maybe next time you should try that rather than jumping on out of the blue with your rant.

Interesting... I was actually finding the thread to be fairly lighthearted, as we wait for some dribble of info to issue forth like pap upon a babes chin. (It's not a dig, I just like the phrase.)

In live, people would cry rivers when the server hiccuped. The lack of strident entitlement on the forums, and this thread in particular, has left me with the impression that this is a far better community than almost any game out there.

And the kitty pictures are good too!

Did I forget to say "beer"? That usually cheers people up.

I hope you enjoyed this bit of semi-comic relief.

I think you're reading too much into it AF_Vet.

People post in the New Players channel everyday that the "Player Wipe" is coming "tomorrow". When the servers go down without warning you have to expect a few people to panic.

Besides, I was under the impression this thread was created for fun =P.

No, and this is why rumours/theories start. We have no reliable way to get information from the team, so when it goes down, we sit here and start guessing. Maybe there is chat in general, maybe something is being said in team speak, no one knows what's happening.

A simple "Yes the server is down and we are investigating and will provide an estimate on restoration time later." is really all anyone in this thread is looking for.

I don't think anyone is pissy, it's more of a "what's up?". The Live team was just as guilty of this, and it's an easy way to help keep people informed.

Maybe a few community reps are needed?

Yes - it is the absence of information that always leads to speculation and it only goes downhill from there. Whether it's something as simple and (relatively) harmless as a run (pun intended!) on toilet paper (fact, Christmas season 1973) to something as serious and dangerous as a run on banks these are forseeable consequences of having large groups of people speculate and then communicate said speculation. Quick, factual communication from a reliable, trusted source can head off these things. The communication doesn't need to be detailed, just something as simple as "SERVER STATUS UPDATE: We are aware that the server has crashed and are attempting to get the right folks working on it. No ETA at this time but we will update when we can." I think we all (well, most, I hope) recognize the volunteer aspect of the EnB team so we don't expect such a msg to be posted right away but the earlier something gets out the more effect it has at shutting down this kind of wild speculation.

Yes, most of us are keenly aware it's a stress test and that outages are a given. But when all kinds of various rumors have been swirling - again, absent updates from official, trusted sources - when the cleaning lady trips over the plug this type of speculation *is* going to take place.

As to the new server, yes, quite a number of us know about it but a lot of the late-joiners don't as most of the info - and the front-page placement of such info - was all lost when the old forum system crashed and burned. I think that when the new portal system goes live that should help a lot with that aspect of the communication (I do think the current forum software is quite a step backwards from the old setup).

Timing works great for me, btw, as I've been at work all day and I'm going out tonight to party like it's 2999 to see a friend off that's recently quit. So by the time I'm available to play the game again it will either be back up OR I won't much care anyway. :angry:

AF_Vet please don't take this the wrong way, it's only posted in the spirit of providing candid feedback.

I had a post that I was going to throw on you all but after reading the complete thread here I've changed my mind. Honestly.. you guys really are unbelievable. Instead of asking proper questions or shooting a PM over to me or asking one of the DEVs directly, you throw up idle speculation and throw the community into a tizzy. It really is incredible. Everyone is acting like this is a live game...

The current server crash to the best of my knowledge is just a simple crash. nothing more than some of the others that we've had. But, you have to know that the game is progressing...

You take something that is said in a private reply to a player regarding a GM ticket and blow it all out of proportion. If you people do not know that we are in a STRESS TEST then you really need to look at the overall picture again.. PEOPLE.. WE ARE IN A STRESS TEST... Come ON! this is not the live game.... for crying out loud.. you guys amaze me some times...

Honestly... please... tell me.. why are you here? I will tell you why *I* am here... I'm here because I NEED MY E&B FIX! Everyone does! It's why the dev team started this project in the first place... we ALL need our E&B fix

Ok.. so we're moving into a new stage of the server development.. yes... Stress Test 4 is getting nearer and nearer.. this does not mean that the server is going to be down for a week... it doesn't even mean that the server will be down for a day... but it could be... You guys complain about the last crash.. people come on, it happens in development. Be thankful we had the proper backups to put it all back together. This in itself shows that the people making this happen are doing what they are supposed to do - you all should be ashamed of yourselves carrying on like a bunch of sniffleing 10... well...

Have you guys even heard about t he new computer that the server platform is going on? Dual chipped quad i7 processors with 16gb RAM - serious additional bandwidth?? Now tell me... would you rather stay on the current system or give the devs a little slack here and let them make the game BIGGER and BETTER for us ALL!

And here's another thing... would you rather me lie to you and blow smoke up your butts? I mean.. I suppose I could do that if it would make you all relax and just take the Earth & Beyond Emulator development efforts in stride.. How would that make the Game Master department leader look to the entire community....

/me shakes his head in disbelief!

How about you and all that have access just post a little one liner in say...

Announcements

General announcements for the Earth and Beyond Player Community.

5 Topics

3 Replies

Today, 03:13 PM

In: End of ST3

By: David

Seems it is way under used and would go a long way to keep us informed. And if you don't know anything say that as well.

LMAO a light hearted bunch of fun posts gets blasted. Every one of these posts except yours was in fun.

A_F Vet Mr Cranky pants seems the only one pissed off at the situation. Read the title and look at the damn KITTENS! Its all fun and chuckles in here relax dude no one is bitching we are all wondering when its going to go back up and just want a tiny bit of information.

I like the pic war.... the game I will play when it comes back... the wipe I relish cause no matter how many times I develope a toon I still wish I had done it differently... and lastly I am looking forward to the new SUPERSERVER !

Hi All

Good catch AZwoodman, so new servers huh, faster, no lag, i used to play alot of eve and i can tell ya all now that the community on this game is far better than the one on eve.

I do agree that there should be some warning or a bit of information passed out way, but it is a stress test and problems like this have to be brought to the top and dealt with. The game has been building and building and it amazing to see it form up like this, This is a truly epic time for all of us who play enb and we defo should give the dev team a bit of slack and a pat on the back, at the end of the day this is not there main job and they do this out of the love for the game and for that we are very thankful.

anyway time to look at more pictures of cats doing wired things

see ya on the other side (of the crash)

p.s. ace this means that it is a simple crash, the st3 ends on Sunday night, the severs will be back asap.

:)

Sorry, guess I am still confused. So I guess this means the server will remain down until the start of ST4 next week then, right?

no david just said in TS that it will be up till sun night. he didnt know it was down but its comin back up now

Sorry, guess I am still confused. So I guess this means the server will remain down until the start of ST4 next week then, right?

Here: https://enb-emulator.com/index.php?/topic/773-end-of-st3/

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to inform everyone that the end of ST3 will be on Sunday January 24, 2010 at 11:59 PM EST. We will be then bringing up the ST4 on a new server on Monday once all of the DNS servers have updated to the new IP address. The new server will hopefully help out in the latency issues. We will be doing a full wipe of all the character information and even accounts. We will be posting a link soon as the site up and ready for signups your new account on. We should have this before the end of ST3 so you can sign up early and get your account name you want.

Thanks,

EnB Emulator Team

Also,

newbitmapimagez.th.png

1) Yes this was meant to be a funny thread, go back and read the original post.

2) All you vets need to learn how to turn off that confounded noob chat channel. It's filled with nothing but rubbish and people wanting them to have their hand held for everything.

3) Some of those lolcats were just to funny.

4) Yes the ST3 is ending this Sunday and I am looking forward to it. Since everything is going to be wiped from toons to accounts I'm gonna beat everyone to the punch and say if you take any of my names I will curse you with the likes of "May the fleas of ten thousand camels infest your goin."

4) Yes the ST3 is ending this Sunday and I am looking forward to it. Since everything is going to be wiped from toons to accounts I'm gonna beat everyone to the punch and say if you take any of my names I will curse you with the likes of "May the fleas of ten thousand camels infest your goin."

Ha! May the fleas of my groin infest YOUR camels!! So there! :)

Anywhoo, anybody that knowingly takes somebody else's name is a true loser and if it's established that someone has I would certainly not deal with that character. Before we make it a big issue, though, there's a pretty solid track record of the team helping out to deal with that.

Hmmm, time to rebuild some chars. Cough, cough, I'm not feeling so good . . . ohhhh, gee boss, maybe I should stay home, wouldn't want to infect anyone during cold and flu season. :blink: