Sorry I killed the server.

ok so 2 weeks of constant play and now nothing not even a post to say whats goin on or when its comin back im startin to have terrible thoughts of sunrise server being the next sunset for EnB

Please be patient. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. The Tow Debt System as well as the Guild System are highly experimental at this stage. Unfortunately the systems are at a low priority for tweaking but the developers are working on them as they can. Remember, this IS an all volunteer effort. We thank you for your patience and understanding during our development stage of game emulator.

Also, keep in consideration that over the next few days we will be in transition from Stress Test 3 to Stress Test 4. Stress Test 4 will also include a new and more powerful computer system for the server platform. I am sure with these new developments, the experimental systems under development will be perfected and finalized.

Thank you for playing The Earth & Beyond Emulator,

[HGM]AFvet, Lead Game Master

NET-7 Entertainment

Earth & Beyond Emulator Game Master Team

http://www.enb-emulator.com

We hope this response has sufficiently answered your questions. If not, please do not send another email. Instead, reply to this email or login to your account for a complete archive of all your support request and responses.

http://support.net-7.org/view.php?e=

Well guys here it is looks like a wipe had this in my email this morning. I had put in a ticket asking about the high tow cost wanting to know if it was bug or it is the way its supposed to be lost over a million when those uber mobs were everywhere....... back to square one guys

ok so 2 weeks of constant play and now nothing not even a post to say whats goin on or when its comin back im startin to have terrible thoughts of sunrise server being the next sunset for EnB

Tbh most people read between the lines and/or make stuff up anyways. The Devs will post when they are ready.

Tbh most people read between the lines and/or make stuff up anyways. The Devs will post when they are ready.

Enjoy some

while you wait for Tienbau or David to get home from work.

- Marco

Marco you were S&H on Orion. Wow I did not know. Curlyt TE and Sheebaroo TT here.

I was in the guild from beta to start of live. I stopped playing E&B when I moved, 6 months or so into the game. No internet where I moved back then. I apologize if I can't remember names to well from Live. It was such a long time ago... :P

- Marco

I thought his enthusiasm for a silly game was very entertaining. :angry:

- Marco

Well since this is a flashback to Live and a time in gaming lost, it's only fitting that I post this link, this is what we did on Pegalag when the servers were down. http://www.burststudio.com/kitten.html

I had a post that I was going to throw on you all but after reading the complete thread here I've changed my mind. Honestly.. you guys really are unbelievable. Instead of asking proper questions or shooting a PM over to me or asking one of the DEVs directly, you throw up idle speculation and throw the community into a tizzy. It really is incredible. Everyone is acting like this is a live game...

The current server crash to the best of my knowledge is just a simple crash. nothing more than some of the others that we've had. But, you have to know that the game is progressing...

You take something that is said in a private reply to a player regarding a GM ticket and blow it all out of proportion. If you people do not know that we are in a STRESS TEST then you really need to look at the overall picture again.. PEOPLE.. WE ARE IN A STRESS TEST... Come ON! this is not the live game.... for crying out loud.. you guys amaze me some times...

Honestly... please... tell me.. why are you here? I will tell you why *I* am here... I'm here because I NEED MY E&B FIX! Everyone does! It's why the dev team started this project in the first place... we ALL need our E&B fix

Ok.. so we're moving into a new stage of the server development.. yes... Stress Test 4 is getting nearer and nearer.. this does not mean that the server is going to be down for a week... it doesn't even mean that the server will be down for a day... but it could be... You guys complain about the last crash.. people come on, it happens in development. Be thankful we had the proper backups to put it all back together. This in itself shows that the people making this happen are doing what they are supposed to do - you all should be ashamed of yourselves carrying on like a bunch of sniffleing 10... well...

Have you guys even heard about t he new computer that the server platform is going on? Dual chipped quad i7 processors with 16gb RAM - serious additional bandwidth?? Now tell me... would you rather stay on the current system or give the devs a little slack here and let them make the game BIGGER and BETTER for us ALL!

And here's another thing... would you rather me lie to you and blow smoke up your butts? I mean.. I suppose I could do that if it would make you all relax and just take the Earth & Beyond Emulator development efforts in stride.. How would that make the Game Master department leader look to the entire community....

/me shakes his head in disbelief!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

People speculate because there is no information to go on.

We are here to get our EnB "fix" aswell and like any other addicts we get a bit nervous without our "drug". :angry:

To fair though, I dont think there are many that complain about downtimes/crashes/wipes. People just get a bit frustrated when they do not know what is going. It's natural to be honest...

//Leandra

Have you guys even heard about t he new computer that the server platform is going on? Dual chipped quad i7 processors with 16gb RAM - serious additional bandwidth??

No, and this is why rumours/theories start. We have no reliable way to get information from the team, so when it goes down, we sit here and start guessing. Maybe there is chat in general, maybe something is being said in team speak, no one knows what's happening.

A simple "Yes the server is down and we are investigating and will provide an estimate on restoration time later." is really all anyone in this thread is looking for.

I don't think anyone is pissy, it's more of a "what's up?". The Live team was just as guilty of this, and it's an easy way to help keep people informed.

Maybe a few community reps are needed?