Happy 10Th Anniversary

I don't come here often and I've only played the emulator sporadically over the last year or so, but I wanted to observe this milestone in some way.
September 24, 2002 is a day I will remember probably for as long as I live. This was the greatest game I ever played, and I still wish I could see what it would have become had Westwood Studios still been around to market, shepherd, and develop this game to its ultimate potential.
It's a crying shame what EA did to this game.
I am glad that this emulator project exists and I love that I can experience some of the great elements of this game still. Thank you for that you crazy developers.

I probably would devote more time to this game if I knew that this community was going to grow and make this a fun social experience like it was back in the day, but I hold back with misgivings about putting too much time into the game when the plug could be pulled at any moment. I also am fearful that just as I get my first character to level cap there will be a player wipe announced and I'll lose all that time and effort. I don't know if I could bring myself to do it all over again. I am of an age and disposition where I really jealous with my time.

Earth and Beyond holds a special place in my heart, but at the same time there are some things about this game that I would love to change. I am really so conflicted about playing this game all over again. I'm sure that a lot of you who are still playing feel the same way. I wish I could be convinced that its worth it to play again.

Happy 10th to you as well. Im surprised no one posted anything about this yesterday. I was watching for it. But someone got it!

As far as it being worth it, we run on donations only. The game is free my friend. You lose nothing by trying it and playing it again. Welcome home.

Personally I would rather celebrate the first day of the EMU, the reason is this is now our game and it has the potential and actually is better than it originally was in some aspects. I loved playing live, but I don't want to celebrate the date EA went live.