Je Combat Load Out

Read the guides.. Didn't see alot of posts yet on recommended combat equipment for the JE.

Played the Progen Sent during live.. I'm used to the range and kiting.
Currently playing the TT and really love the missles. (kiting and range).

I'm not really sure how to play the beams...
Equipped with the Bobcat L2 beams, Galina MCG-4 reactor, Haley DDO 40 engine, and Most not weak Sheild Model X..

What would you equip to extend beam range? Devices?

I'm looking for a good combat load out at overall Level 60 and higher.. I guess I just don't understand how to play a "Tank" JE..

Thanks!

I Wouldn't worry about (combat je) this until 150+. After you hit this mark, make sure you have dg/god/mtl beams at least. A blackstreak would be nice to have too...so get it if possible. For a combat shield get a Blackforce 8 shield (GoBB drop). Engine-wise, a Solar sail 8, or Black Speed 8 will do fine.

For reactors, I use a HOTM, or Blood of the Dragon (my preferences)....as a JE you can pretty much get away with whatever reactor you like.

As for devices, on top of the usual JE fare...you want to have a Dense Bullywere Chitin device, Ivory Ward (optional), Advanced Weapon Control System (AWCS), Drone Energy Amplifier (Dea), Cyberdrenaline Rush device...the DEA and the CR give you turbo...which you need. So it would be smart to get some of the turbo devices from the Warder. Try to get the turbo up to 100 at least...only have 3 weapon slots lol.

As far as beam range go..the Glare of Devastation/Devastating Gaze beams will take care of that, but you want to be close to the mobs when you cc so do maximum damage. CC= combat cloak....in case you didn't know.

JE is just as fun and challenging to fight with as is a JD...just takes longer to kill stuff lol. Still, I want you to understand that you will not be "tanking" anything...so get that outta your lil head lol. Make sure the jumpstart skill is maxed out in case you refuse to heed this warning.

Cloak is your friend. ;)

You also want a Coma device and you should get one starting at OL20 when you get L3 devices, upgrade this device every time you upgrade your device tech. Do the same with a Chimaera when using Plasma beams. The Coma blinds mobs scanners, thereby reducing their weapon range while the Chimaera reduces their resistance to plasma. Leveling up use the Gallina/Draco/Cygnus reactors for combat, they all have a buff to beam range.

• 1 month later...
- coma device is working now.

level 1 beam = proto plasma -but you getto level 2 so fast....
level 2 beams = ocelots with plasma so you can debuff with a chimeara device
level 3 beams = ocelot and fox. I like the fox for the tractor beam buff.

If you are a JT you can optionally use the manticor debuff energy device with a bunch of different beams. the furious gaze or furious blue gaze PM at level 2 are very nice.

You want to power level trade/explore up till you get combat cloak then you can start cloak striking for extra damage.

Shield leech use to be a decent weapon- but now its just an augment to your damage; side note to shield leech; you can get extra damage by debuffing energy as its based on energy damage.

Devices:

coma = blind and they can't see you and can't fire at you.
Chimeara = debuff plasma
laz device = get out of dodge fast(combine with navigate skill)
Resist gear = use activated resist devices if your doing heavy solo combat; they are all mostly explorer only devices.
don't use scutums unless your mining only
musca = less radar signature
draco and gallina reactors have a nice reactor regen buff
shields usually are best to go with RD shields

learn to use buff equipment......warriors will group with you more if you learn to buff them with energy and resists to damage types and debuff the mob so more damage happens saving ammo .

• 1 year later...

My take on this (almost OL 100, CL25/26 , devices at 5, Shield and reactor at 6 atm) for Solo combat.

Chamealeon Minor (Lowers time to cloak)

Combat Cloak

2 Lvl 5 Prototypes (at OL 100 3 i think)

Draco reactor (for the activated reac recharge, and beam range (although that is not really needed, unless you want to pull mobs)

Shield Leech  (use the highest one for single targets, unless you can handle multiple mobs 10 to 15 lvls above you)

Lvl 5 Rada (debuff plasma on mobs)

Monoceros device (Reactor recharge, can be any other device with *equipped* Reactor Recharge)

Novices Ward until Sai Li's Circle (if it is ingame?) for the shield recharge.

Buffs for the damagetype the mobs do (Reflect plasma, explosive, impact,energy and chemical)

Last device (fifth) slot filled with whatever you want.

Prototype shield (you want the highest cap, buffs not really worth it since you want +/- 1.5 or 2k extra shield cap) (At devices 6, you can add a Ward of Muck to it for extra cap)

Engine with a low signature.

Then it's just select target (or fire from around 4.50 distance to get it's attention), cloak, move towards target, when at around 2.00, debuff using the Rada, Press F to fire all weapons, Press corresponding key for the Leech, when leech is finished press corresponding key for Cloak (in my case 3) and wait untill you can fire again. Then rapidly press F and 3, and continue like that, untill you can leech again.

Check inbetween how long the Leech needs to be refired though.

The Fire and Cloak way works perfectly well since 99% of the time, you don't receive damage when cloaked (which is why you want to cloak fast with the chamaealeon)

I've been able to kill lvl 40 mobs with this, at CL 25/26. Some might take a bit longer, but the XP and loot is worth it.

Edited by Voxlumen

Here's my take on JE combat (any jenpie really :P):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APx2yFA0-B4

“You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.”

- Bruce Lee

Here's my take on JE combat (any jenpie really :P):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APx2yFA0-B4

“You must be shapeless, formless, like water. When you pour water in a cup, it becomes the cup. When you pour water in a bottle, it becomes the bottle. When you pour water in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Water can drip and it can crash. Become like water my friend.”

- Bruce Lee

I tried this Mynd. All that happened was there was a wet spot in the chair where I was sitting and when I got back up, my hull was smoking  .... Guess it's a matter of perfecting technique, eh? :P

I tried this Mynd. All that happened was there was a wet spot in the chair where I was sitting and when I got back up, my hull was smoking  .... Guess it's a matter of perfecting technique, eh? :P

'Lurra, you have to "be water"...not make it. :P

One addition to what was said earlier, always shoot the enemy from behind.

^^What he said. ;)