Te Skillz (Biorep/hacking) Waste Of Energy?

Taluna6

Hey Guyz i was trying to lvl my PP a bit and decidet to help him out with my TE.. PP is overal 96 cl 33 4 Rifles dmg modified with Titans heart and Plasma Bully eye debuff from TE. I went to ragnarok cl 36 Sporemothers and tried to Bio them with TE to keep aggro..

after 15 mins i quit this waste of Energy since a cl 50 TE lands 1 out of 20 hits on cl 36 sporemothers with max Biorepression.
Surprisingly the rank 1 skill (slow enemy weapon) hits more often... i think the skill might be broken somehow..

ok went to Freespacers (Farten camp)

almost same with Hacking (skill 6/7) waste of Energy since skill doesnt Land .. i mean on Controller cl 66 1out of 20 would be ok but not on freespacers cl 33-43.....

Its been said that thoose 2 skillz are the main aggro/tank skillz a TE gets to gain/hold aggro if set as a Tank but not on that hit % and not on that ammount of aggro comming out (if it lands the mobs look at you shoot 1-2 Times and get back to the PP). If its not meant to do much aggro for use in raid situations it seems completely useless since i cant land on cl 36 how would i hit cl66 fish or ships??

can someone look at it if he/she has time or is it just on my Account??

Edit.. strangely after this post i had a Hacking sucess 1out of 5 on a cl 33 ... Edited by Aru

bio an hacking were a joke in live aswell so nothing has changed with them .Plus niether of those skill says anything about aggro CF both of those an put points in enrage that says this will anger the mob.

[quote name='Grips' timestamp='1347028486' post='62986']
bio an hacking were a joke in live aswell so nothing has changed with them .Plus niether of those skill says anything about aggro CF both of those an put points in enrage that says this will anger the mob.
[/quote]

[img]http://81.169.166.206/smilies/kratz.gif[/img]

Hmm.....no....no chance, i give up (maybe cuz im not native english...)

It's random based and it seems a bit too random to me.
I had succeeded like 1 from 25 on a mob 10 levels below me, it should succeed more often at these levels imho.
Dunno if this rarely success was intended tho (dont think so)...

I testedt it with a changed formula now and had 20 X success from 34 attempts - which seems more realistic, considering the effect lasts only 10s anyway.

Didn't I hear something about mobs having resists now? If that is the case, granted 1 out of 25 is low but 20 out of 34 seems a bit to high, if they do have a 50 Psi resist. Just like the mobs that hit us do hack and hack well because most people dont use a activated or equiped device for Psionic resistance. The TE has the advantage with Rally for this. So I would hope that is taken in consideration before to drastic of a change is made.

[size=3]Back in live my TE ignored them as well. Just did the mission to get the skill at base, and left it there.[/size] Edited by Bloody Riz

Didn't play a TW in live, but I do think that if it's very rarely working, even against mobs well below your level, then it does need work. In group settings, the TT has a manufacturable line of debuffers for Psionic. If; however, you're using MASH tactics they'll never be close enough to use it. I think it's the Profiler line of devices that does this.

CF em now and made Enrage and Beam lvl 7 (for next chavez massacre) since both skillz are only working a max of 10 sec.. so not worth the points... sad that TE has 2 skillz that sound good and fail because of system.
Hack weapons or Engine for 1 minute would be impressive since a Terran could manouvre even high cl Enemys easily and could fight an other way than kiting witch many ppl dont like (exept Terrans). On my party u could close this thread.

Better success rate? These skills might just begin to pass the laugh test.

The higher tiers make a good party trick for entertaining the group on raid bosses and minions. Trouble is you know how bad the success rates were because all too often you're in a group and the others have never seen the GFX of the higher tier area effect spread out to multiple mobs. You get to hear "Ohh what was that? Never seen that before ..." on the occasion that either skill manages to do anything.

Now if only the range was increased.

Hack:
Success rate is a bit low on hack, but it also can be spammed without any downtime. There's no reuse timer like sap/menace, you can keep a mob weapon/systems permanently offline if it succeeds often enough. It also has a lower energy cost than other skills, so it can be spammed easier.

The range does limit it's usefulness at raids without a summoner, as most mobs run away outside the 2.5k range, but that's a problem many skills have.

Not sure if the equipment buffs to hacking chance work at all, so that is something to consider as well.

Biorepression:
Aside from being a joke to begin with,
The area effect skills don't appear to be so, only affecting the initial target visually and nothing in the systems messages to suggest otherwise.

[quote name='Zackman' timestamp='1347104734' post='63024']
What should the skill look like (at all tiers) to become useful but without being a win-button?
[/quote]
Near certainty of success, longer timer between uses, increased range (double it at least and increases further with skill buffs), duration dunno same may be as it is now. Both skills could the become strategic skill to use against mobs. What has to stop is having to spam the skill to get a success because all that does is give the impression that the skills are both a waste of time especially when 99/100 the mob is dead before skill hits.

(Is Navigation L7 still broken inside nav fields? Retired my JE in favor of my TS due to it -- that skill may be next, Zackman).

Hack was very useful in the bogeril sector (der Todesengel). Especially when fighting the high level ships and the general. It could be the difference between defeating the mobs and getting wiped (having 2-3 TE's spamming hack would keep at least 1, and sometimes 2, of the mobs weapons offline). I found in Live, like most skills, they would only be used is there was a clear need to use it. The bio repression worked well on gazers since you had to be very very close to them (since they reduced players scan range by a ton). However for most mobs a TE will just stay at max range on so they never even use these skills. Increasing the range of the skills might be beneficial or having level 8 devices that increase the skill's activation range.

I know I would love to see all skills be useful, or even critical, when fighting certain mobs. Edited by Crichton

I was testing biorepression the last couple days in the fishbowl , area is not working in there atleast need test other areas. As for how often it hits, I was getting 1 of 3 or 4 on the bosses in there especially on the master, so you know my TE is fully maxed on every skill. So it is working, still need to do some hack testing, I will try on the nexxt controller or Mordana raid.