Okay Guys How Big Is This..

Can you guys tell me how big you think the right hand is, the monitors and the glass in front of the avatar.

I'm really curious to see what you guys think it is vrs what 3dsmax is telling me.. ( for a hint the monitor on the right measure 2 feet 2 inches across)

I will tell you standing the model ( dude seated) is 6 ft tall 250lbs I'm 6ft 5 in real life and my pointer finger is longer and thumbs about the same I held it up in front of a 15inch 16:10 monitor and it is about 1/4 the width of my laptops screen.

Lets see what your guesses are.

My point here is I'm trying to figure out how wide the canopy over the driving area is so i can scale the model correctly the hex portions in the window appear to me as they are 12 inches wide but if 3dsmax measures it at 2 feet uhhh how big are these damned things.. Edited by Tradermagoo

The window "bubble" is probably further away than it appears and curved, my guess is the 3dsmax program is probably closer to true at 2 feet, making the whole canopy about 30-35 feet across, which if curved would give a good wraparound view of the surrounding area. The actual width of the window "hole" in the ship is probably closer to 25 feet wide, since a curved object is actually wider then a flat one when straightened. (unless the ships hull follows the curvature then it would be the same)

Okay thats 1 guess Stanig since you can make a toon on the dev server make a Magister Magna level ps (135 hull) and look at it docked then undock it and switch back and forth with f9 to go fps to default and see the difference( hold crlt down and swing the camera around to face the ship) is that canopy at the front really 35 feet across?

Well after a lack of guesses I need to remove the picture in case I want to add something else so I'm going to close this thread down I'm going to make evil 24 inches at the shoulders and the canopy looks to be 20-24 feet wide I'll photo shop this and measure it with his shoulders and go from there.

I want to bet that the ps ship with a 24 foot wide canopy is going to be 250 feet across were talking about a ship twice the size of a ferry boat..

I'm going to put a 6 ft tall model in front of the ship so you can see what I'm getting at.

So without further delay I'm going to start building the ship in 3dsmax and I'll figure out a way to post it for others to have a look at it.

If I get the lighting and rendering right I might even make a quick video of it closing the wings and stuff and warping. Should be fun.

• 3 months later...