Running Two Toons On Two Monitors

If it's an issue getting a client on each monitor, I do the following:
Open 2 clients. Mouse over the client in taskbar and wait for the window previews to show up.
Right click the second client and click move. Click to drag it anywhere on the second monitor.
Once client 2 is on monitor 2, open task manager and right click Earth & Beyond -> Maximize.

I originally tried to run a 2nd client on my secondary monitor, I can move the window to the monitor, but the mouse functionality starts acting very weird. I can do most actions...right click to turn my ship/character, left click to target things, but no action buttons work, it does the animation for clicking them, but they don't do anything. It's very strange because the second I move that window back to my primary monitor, the buttons work again.

I also have two monitors and also set to 'extend'. I have the configurator set to 'windowed' mode. It works the same as two (or more) windows on one screen would. Indeed, the window can span the two monitors (half the window on on each monitor). It just acts as one extra wide screen, with a big black bezel down the middle. lol

Make sure the mouse option is set to 'Disable Mouse Lock' on the launcher screen.

(edit) I also am using windows 7 (64 bit), so to move window, I press 'shift-right click' on the task bar icon.

Don't know about changing to 'maximize' because that change shoul be made in the configurator, not windows task manager (unless it has changed recently). Edited by GenghisBob

[quote name='GenghisBob' timestamp='1347124214' post='63030']
Don't know about changing to 'maximize' because that change shoul be made in the configurator, not windows task manager (unless it has changed recently).
[/quote]

I used task manager's function for re-sizing a window because my monitors are of slightly different resolution.

• 8 months later...

I originally tried to run a 2nd client on my secondary monitor, I can move the window to the monitor, but the mouse functionality starts acting very weird. I can do most actions...right click to turn my ship/character, left click to target things, but no action buttons work, it does the animation for clicking them, but they don't do anything. It's very strange because the second I move that window back to my primary monitor, the buttons work again.

I have the same issue. If I keep the window on my main monitor I can click just fine. If I move it to the secondary monitor, I can walk doing the  right mouse click. But nothing works doing a left mouse click. I cannot click on open or any options at the top. Again, If I move the window back to my main monitor, left mouse clicks work again. Left mouse click does work on that second monitor out of the ENB window. I do have Disable Mouse Lock clicked.

Note that some graphic cards dont support DirectX on the non-primary (second) monitor - and the EnB client might use DX for the mouse hook.

For the problems of the mouse clicks not working, in Display properties are either of your monitors at a negative location - i.e. if you click on the little monitor display you can drag one to the other side of each other. The Primary monitor should be at 0,0 and the other should be at a positive number depending on your screen resolution. 

Fixed it for me

Edited by Alessan