Having Trouble Running 2 Instances Of Enb

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit
I have winxp sp3(tried 2 as well) compatibility enabled
I have it running as admin

Here is what happens. It will load up one instance fine, but when I go to open up the second instance it opens up fine, but I get some kind of error related to net-7 program. I am assuming it is related to the first instance. After this I can no longer alt tab or even force front to the first window, but it appear to be running as I do hear sounds from it. I can even send the first window toon a message and I hear the sound. So I'm logged in and running, but not being able to switch to it and interact.

When do I switch to it mouse goes to the upper left area of the screen and doesn't really move.

ANy tips?

Thank you

Have you tried running each instance in Windowed mode?, what happens if you do?.

I too am running Win 7 64bit running as WinXP compatibility and as Admin, but dont have any issues with multiple sessions and I sometimes have 5 sessions running on the same machine, but I run mine in Windowed mode and with the Mouse Lock disabled.

try setting the resolution lower on your game window in the config tool so that the game is roughly 2/3 the screen size and try it, i've had up to 6 instances running at the same time

IT works!!!!

I think i've figured out the problem that I was having. The game would run in wondow mode, so it would block all my icons, inorder to run launchnet7 again i'd have to alt tab and switch to the 'desktop' there fore minimizing the game. This is a big no no. If you minimize the game it seems it will never recover. So I moved the launchnet7 icon to the right of the screen so I can click it without having to 'minimize' the game and that did the trick.

I want to thank everyone for helping me navigate through this. You guys have been super quick and most helpul.
Thank you again and hopefully others can benefit as well from this post.

[quote name='Apathie' timestamp='1346682581' post='62798']
IT works!!!!

I think i've figured out the problem that I was having. The game would run in wondow mode, so it would block all my icons, inorder to run launchnet7 again i'd have to alt tab and switch to the 'desktop' there fore minimizing the game. This is a big no no. If you minimize the game it seems it will never recover. So I moved the launchnet7 icon to the right of the screen so I can click it without having to 'minimize' the game and that did the trick.

I want to thank everyone for helping me navigate through this. You guys have been super quick and most helpul.
Thank you again and hopefully others can benefit as well from this post.
[/quote]

If you right click the window in taskbar and move up to restore it works, you might not get a mouse pointer so it seems that it's disabled.

[quote name='Rezwalker' timestamp='1346701751' post='62812']
If you right click the window in taskbar and move up to restore it works, you might not get a mouse pointer so it seems that it's disabled.
[/quote]

Windows 7 you need to hold shift and right click :)

Works every time for me ...

• 6 months later...

When using multi-clients hover over the taskbar to bring up the mini previews,

move the mouse to the preview window you want to move then shift + right click,

select move and then just left click and drag.

I use sandboxie.  I also use the name of the toon to label the sandbox.  The good thing about it are that (1) the client window and the taskbar thumbnail are labeled with the toon name, so I know which one is which, and (2) Each toon's skill bar are remembered for each toon because sandboxie replicate the original directory into the sandbox.

• 2 years later...

Have tried running two instances of EnB on a Win7 x64 machine, although I'm on a single wireless connection.
Made two different accounts with two separate emails - did link them into one main account.

Run up Net-7, log in, and select a character to play. Run up another instance of Net-7, login to the other account, and get not the game. What happens is one account will lock up, no error messages or anything, just become non-functional. Even chat will not display.
Closing the working account does not allow the first instance to run, actually have to manually close the client/main from task Manager to close it.

Seems only one game instance is allowed to run. Back in the days of regular EnB I had to copy the game directories to two different hard drives/partitions and was able to run two instances that way - but then too I was on a wired connection.
Since the emulator intervenes the EnB game I've not found a way to run two instances of the game in this fashion.

Did get EnB installed on the laptop. Trying to use both PC & laptop in limited space is challenging to say the least. And I use Connectify.me on same wireless connection which gives the laptop a better signal - as the PC's external antenna is far superior.
Was running both accounts fairly well. Lot of times I or the laptop account would cease to run for no apparent reason. Am guessing bandwidth issue on my end, or something between my connection to the EnB servers. A few times I had to reset the connection using a batch file to reset the connection and get back into the game - though am running two instances through the same wireless connection using two different machines this time.

Batch file 'IP Renew.bat'
ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /release & ipconfig /renew

Wished I could somehow run two instances of EnB on the PC ... and be able to use both accounts . Have tried the 'Net7MultiClientUnlocker' although I'm not too trusting on that. Doesn't help anyhow.

Now on the laptop I have two NIC adapters and tried running two instances of EnB from it, each account was on a separate NIC adapter and had different IP addresses. However the laptop obviously only has one hard drive, and it's running Win10 x64 - though the 14" widescreen is difficult to see (and impossible to increase input text chat size).
Trying to run two instances of EnB with the same two different accounts & two different IP addresses, was still unable to run two instances of EnB. Again one account was functional (the 2nd) and the other would lock up (1st).

Run up Net-7, log in, and select a character to play. Run up another instance of Net-7, login to the other account, and get not the game. What happens is one account will lock up, no error messages or anything, just become non-functional. Even chat will not display.

Try this proxy http://enb.bmsite.net/files/net7proxy.zip

Make sure you backup current net7proxy.exe so you can restore it if it does not work.

• Upvote 1

Wow, you are GOOOD!! Yes, I can run both accounts on the PC now with the single wireless connection. Will try on the laptop later this evening to see if it works there too.

THANK YOU!! Would buy you a pizza in game if I could. Does EnB have a pizza delivery service?

Try this proxy http://enb.bmsite.net/files/net7proxy.zip

Make sure you backup current net7proxy.exe so you can restore it if it does not work.

Did good for the most part. Much later in the evening one account or the other would cease to function. One time I noticed four net7proxy's in Task Manager.

Is hard to tell which client stopped working since cannot close the affected window. It's strange that one or the other would stop working, or one after the other - not at the same time. Since am running on the same machine, same single wifi adapter, a drop should affect both game instances ... but where one account goes down and not the other it almost seems like individual accounts are targeted. For the most part it is working great. :D

Oh well, going to bed. Been a very long day. Still happy that I can run both accounts at the same time now.

Did good for the most part. Much later in the evening one account or the other would cease to function. One time I noticed four net7proxy's in Task Manager.

Are 2 extra net7proxy from previously launched clients that  disconnected and you relaunched them?

It's possible that one proxy loses track of some packets from server and is unable to recover.

Are 2 extra net7proxy from previously launched clients that  disconnected and you relaunched them?

It's possible that one proxy loses track of some packets from server and is unable to recover.

Am thinking that is quite the possibility. Was running on fumes & coffee all day yesterday. :wacko: