Net7 Reporter's Needed :d

Shaddex

We are looking for a few players who would like to become a N7 Reporter.

The role will invole keeping the Portal updated with news from ingame. So kinda roleplaying etc.
Say Once a week ? Maybe more.

If you think you can help, please PM me and we can set you up once we are good to go.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
The Net-7 reporter program landed me more than a few compliments from the public in New Players, some laughs from the Devs and GMs, and kudos from Guildies. But as we approach Live, I'm interested in hearing from our Editor Shaddex on expectations and guildelines for the team. So, far Skunky and myself have been informative and entertaining with our reports. We'd like some leadership on the team so we know Tomorrow's News Today and can report it with gusto. This is for the player-base, we know. I'm not a reporter just to hear my chats and posts for an ego-stroke. I'm here to entertain the pilots and keep all informed with the lastest. I'll even except such guidelines in a private e-mail if that's desired.

As we move into Live, I am looking forward to reporting the current affairs of the Server(s). I've studied the published world canon as posted by Mynd. I've written my own book using an existing world as canon without stretching it in the least. Thus, I know how to create story to go with a gameplay issue, technical blurb, and random bug. I feel ready to be the storyteller for the game world via the Net-7 News reporter program.

Want to leak a story arc or meta-subplot, clue or easter egg? Want to use foreshadowing for the gamers to glean? Daily reminders and in-game Want-Ads? Even *gasp* Obituaries are doaable.

I feel that the Net-7 News team can make the world of Earth & Beyond Emulator pop for the players.

For Net-7 News, this is the Pakkrat

"I don't talk to reporters." - Darkk

[quote name='Pakkrat' timestamp='1352464102' post='65328']
some laughs from the Devs and GMs
[/quote]

Are you really getting [b]laughs[/b] from staff or was it more like the question i posted yesterday?
I just want to make sure i understand that correct because i cannot imagine that any staff member will laugh any any one roleplaying here or even helping here making the game feeling "real".

A game that feels "real" was not my stated goal, Z. The goal is to inform and entertain. As to your question of whether I get laughs, yes - yes I do get "lol, lmao" and other reponses in New Players and maybe one other chat channel. I must not be very funny to you nor entertaining. I shall work on that. I do thank you for your input, Z.

Via Satellite, this is the Pakkrat

I totally agree. This was the biggest thing I wanted to be able to contribute - loved how the players ended up being able to help shape the future of the game through things like this. Not sure if more than a couple of devs read my never published story regarding the apparently tainted codex of privateer trainers, but I think in-character things like that within appropriate guidelines will add to the storyline, promote laughs, possibly drive the storyline in new directions, plus keep us storyline geeks satiated with goofy tidbits :) Edited by flashdrive

Thank you, flashdrive,
It is heartening to see the number of players who value story, entertainment, humor, flavor and feel, right alongside the thrill of Combat, Exploration, and Trade in their Earth & Beyond Emulator experience on the rise. As was mentioned in the Roleplaying Guilds thread, many of our pilots are incoming from other games that stressed a storyline environment as opposed to cold numbers, powerlevelling to endgame content, and holier than thou twinking. With the Net-7 reporting program pilots are hoping to feel more than just a revamped game. We're here because we love the game and want to love it more. If by being a Net-7 reporter I can entertain even the staff, then perhaps their experience in bringing back this beloved game is rewarded.
Now, I do acknowledge that not everyone will love or even like the press. That's to be expected and comes with the crowd and goes with the territory. I invite privately sent critique. "Pakk, I worked hard for a week on that event and your report on it sucked," is a perfectly good example critique if sent to me privately. I will then endeavour to do better. So let's play. Game on!

For Net-7 News, this is the Pakkrat

"Point that microphone somewhere else, Pakk" -anonymous

I spoke with Pakkrat earlier about wanting to become a Net-7 Reporter like I was on Live. Just wondering if there will be any slots open in the near future, or if there's some way I can assist the current reporters (i.e.- They're the main anchors, and I'd be a field correspondent). I mostly play Jenquai, so I could take on the Jenquai news if need be. Regardless, I will continue to enjoy the amazing game we all know, and love, in it's new Live glory. =]

• 2 weeks later...
I think I remember a long-ish mission chain from live that had something to N7 reporting. I think that would be a fun way of letting people become correspondents and contributing authors without commiting to regular reporting duties, once the core N7 reporters are chosen.

Yea, there should be any number of Net-7 reporters collecting information, but One maybe two editors.
Report on chat, humorous or other :) Reporters have a knack for manipulating the truth.
Screen shots would help grab the headlines.

Another way of letting the players know about new content, jobs, missions or items in game other than through the login
update would be solely through the Net-7 Team as a hint or direct definite information about the aforementioned.

Chat:
Player1) Is Menace working? I'm haveing a problem with it.
Player2) Is it pissing you off? Than its working !
Player3) At lower levels it only works on the skilled user :)

Net-7 Reporter)
A member of the Progen Republic has announced A problem with their Menace Skill and that he was extremely irritated with it.
We have concluded through their own admittance it is indeed working. :)

Oh, gobble gobble !

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.