Net 7 Portal And Ie9....

Shaddex

We have had numerous web Tickets, ingame chat and posts regarding the net7 site not loading properly using IE9.
All we can say is that IE9 is a VERY buggy browser with many issues.

Until M$ get there software sorted out, I would suggest using either IE8, FF or Chrome (to name a few)

Once M$ have release a fix that resolves the issues that MANY people are having with Javascript etc IE9 will be back on the supported Browser list.

The only fix we could do to get IE9 working as it should is to re-write the whole portal to suit it, and im afraid that will not happen due to the months of work the WebDevs have put into the site.

Once again, this is a M$ IE9 Bug and not the portal coding.

Hope this answers a few questions.

We've added a header to the portal now to force IE9 to fallback into IE8 comp. mode.
Can you people, having problems with the site, please report back if this is helping you?

Just went to portal; had no problem getting to my avatars or the database, if you remember, i had been having problems with this computer with windows 7-64 bit w/ IE9. this way i don't have to turn around & use my old computer. :) thanks guys.

no diff for me...
i can log in, but no avatars/chars and if i try to open master account settings or DB, i still get a red/orange bar saying banned on some services.please conntact staff.
still waiting on a pm reply from searing
ty

B

Note that most of the problems with web display on any applications older than their browser is typically due to the compatibility mode being enabled in the first place. I don't know why because I haven't read into what it does, but I know it being on screws up a bunch of our web applications in the workplace.

Ya, known. Its not really the comp. mode we are forcing (the IE9 has two diff. "sections" of modes), we are forcing the IE9 to fallback into IE8 mode.

This unholy IE...why is it offering certain "compatibility" modes anyway, you wonder....
If your tool is W3C-compliant you dont need any "comp." mode - than the browser should simply obey all (W3C) standards and you wouldnt face any incompatibilites at all.

Safari can do this, Mozilla can do this, Google can do this, Webkit can do this....just this "pimple on the .... of the human mankind" (aka "InternetExploder") cannot - since decades!

Dont think im biased...no im not...not at all......i am neutral....really !! :lol:

[size=3][i]Apple, Facebook and IExplorer - all three should be wiped from this planet, without a substitute....let the Asgard deal with it....[/i][/size]

update!
well i can see the DB now and 3 toons . the red line is gone and i can use many things idk how to use.
so this is a great improvement =)
i am getting ready for work atm and will try more later.

thank you

Blattu

Ive coded up many a stylesheet in HTML/CSS that would work nifty as hell in IE and not at all in Firefox and the other way around. There used to be tricks to "force" things to work right and get around incompatibilities. But IE has really made it rough, in a sense you almost need a whole different set of webpages in a different style all together to get IE to work. Its retarded. Especially with absolute positioning and DIV/TABLE tags. Its like Y U NO WORK??? Edited by Ryle

update #2>>>
i can see only 3 toons,ones i never use hardly and cannot find like 9 others.
i read somewhere about re-syncing my accounts, and this would show them all, but cant find the info again.'
the toon vault is really great!! cant wait to clean all my toons up.
again ty for the progress

B

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='silverhawk' timestamp='1347337683' post='63188']
also they are not gonna allow win 7 to upgrade to IE10
[/quote]

[i]Internet Explorer 10 is available for Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012, and is expected to be released for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2.[/i]

Source:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ie/hh673549%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

ya they informed us a while back that they had no current plans to release 10 to win 7, Ive been running 8 testing for some time, just like all the other operating systems they all stop at a certain IE and it seems MS is planning IE9 to be win 7 stop. Well see. If they send us any more info on releasing it to win 7 ill quickly post it. Hopefully they stay on that course and release it for 7 :) would be nice. Edited by silverhawk

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.